I've had, and still have, many BlackBerry phones. Some are better than others.

Right now my main phone is the Dtek60, which has a very good camera, is very fast, has a great VKB and I like it with reservations. Battery is getting worse and worse, and sometimes the screen goes black when I make a call. Then I can't hang up or go on speaker. (I guess I have to contact BB).

My secondary number is on my old Z30. It stays in my car for emergencies. Anytime I need it, if it has been off, even for a month, it stays 100% charged!!

Today I had both phones in a rehab center where cell reception is very weak. The Dtek60 had one bar, the calls cut out, and the battery went down VERY quickly. The Z30 had 4-5 bars, no problem calling, and I watched a long YouTube video with very little loss of battery!!! And the speakers are awesome!!

So why am I sad? Because I almost sold the Z30. Because it is not being supported, it's a bit slower, and doesn't have some apps I use. I would no longer be sad if I could find a phone that combined the best features of the Z30 and Dtek60. A good battery, great camera, good speakers, the awesome BB VKB, SD card, fast, and add easy repair service.

In my dreams, I guess.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    vishesh batra likes this.
    02-18-18 07:25 PM
    whats wrong with the motion....its ticks most all those boxes
    02-18-18 07:33 PM
    Don’t you think that Dtek 60 owners should get a discount against the purchase of a Motion? I do.
    02-18-18 08:54 PM
    Don’t you think that Dtek 60 owners should get a discount against the purchase of a Motion? I do.
    Two different companies though.

But sure. Although you'll always get more by selling it yourself.
    02-18-18 09:21 PM
    Yes, the Motion comes close. I doubt the camera is as good as the Dtek60. I am interested in the Motion, but after going unlocked for so many years, I'm thinking I might want to buy it from AT&T to take advantage of being able to walk into a store for repairs. I was able to do that with my 9900 and Q10.
    Yes, I would like to be able to trade in a phone for the Motion, but it would probably be the Dtek50, not the 60.
    02-18-18 09:45 PM
    Two different companies though.

But sure. Although you'll always get more by selling it yourself.
    That might be true if your Dtek 60 is operational .
    02-18-18 11:34 PM
    That might be true if your Dtek 60 is operational .
    I didn't infer it was broken.
    02-18-18 11:46 PM
    I didn't infer it was broken.
    It's not broken
    02-19-18 07:55 AM
    100 percent yes. The DTEK abandonment led me away from BlackBerry after 9 years as a dedicated BlackBerry user.
    02-20-18 12:36 AM
    100 percent yes. The DTEK abandonment led me away from BlackBerry after 9 years as a dedicated BlackBerry user.
    The DTEKs are still supported, and continue to get monthly security updates.
    02-20-18 06:23 AM
    The DTEKs are still supported, and continue to get monthly security updates.
    He probable meant the fact they never got a major OS upgrade.... DTEK 60 owners should have gotten Nougat and OREO.

Right now it's not even clear if the DTEK's will get two full years of security patches, as it's been hinted that this spring might see the last of those.
    HughJarsse likes this.
    02-20-18 07:06 AM
    He probable meant the fact they never got a major OS upgrade.... DTEK 60 owners should have gotten Nougat and OREO.

Right now it's not even clear if the DTEK's will get two full years of security patches, as it's been hinted that this spring might see the last of those.
    I expected Nougat. Did not ever think Oreo would come to either DTEK.
    02-20-18 07:15 AM
    He probable meant the fact they never got a major OS upgrade....
    I believe that, yes. I think we just need to be careful with the term "abandoned".
    02-20-18 07:19 AM
    What you have to realise is that the under appreciated z30 has exceptional reception. In the back country, my z30 is 4-5 bars with no issues for connectivity to the rest of the world, whilst the keyone is just like an iPhone or Samsung (or your dtek60): A great camera and little else.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-18 09:30 PM
    Yes, the Motion comes close. I doubt the camera is as good as the Dtek60. I am interested in the Motion, but after going unlocked for so many years, I'm thinking I might want to buy it from AT&T to take advantage of being able to walk into a store for repairs. I was able to do that with my 9900 and Q10.
    Yes, I would like to be able to trade in a phone for the Motion, but it would probably be the Dtek50, not the 60.
    The Motion has the same Camera as the KEYOne, which is the same sensor that the Gen1 Google Pixel used, chances are the Motion's camera would absolutely obliterate the DTEK60 camera.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    02-24-18 02:00 AM
    The Motion has the same Camera as the KEYOne, which is the same sensor that the Gen1 Google Pixel used, chances are the Motion's camera would absolutely obliterate the DTEK60 camera.
    That would be nice!! I do use the camera a lot.
    02-24-18 07:29 AM
    The Motion has a different sensor than the Keyone, there are a few long threads about it but this seems to provide a good basic intro.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13093847

Whether it's better or worse will depend on the user.
    02-24-18 11:07 AM