With all three of these phones in the same price bracket, which one should I pull the trigger on. The Passport SE and Dtek are the exact price ($299) and the Priv is Free on contract and $429 at ShopBlackberry.

They are three different phones. The Passport SE is the best hardware, The Prive has the PKB and the Dtek is the newest. I could see buying any of these three for different reasons. With any phone, you particular usage might make the decision for you, but to the average user (whatever that is) has three viable choices for approximately the same money.

It is good to have choices
    10-03-16 07:20 AM
    My choice is Passport . Because of best multi- tasking, great battery backup,wonderful typing experience and the last but not least the great BB10 experience!
    I'm enjoying my passport for last one year 7 months.

Posted via CB10
    YesAndNo and RobertP1 like this.
    10-03-16 07:26 AM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Three good phones..one is based upon BB10, the other two android OS based... two have keyboards, one does not... perhaps use this to decide?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 07:30 AM
    My choice is Passport . Because of best multi- tasking, great battery backup,wonderful typing experience and the last but not least the great BB10 experience!
    I'm enjoying my passport for last one year 7 months.

Posted via CB10
    Are you concerned with future support? or are you just going to run with it until it dies?
    10-03-16 07:30 AM
    Passport runs extremely smooth. So not sure why an update is even needed. But 10.3.3 would be more than welcome.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    YesAndNo likes this.
    10-03-16 07:57 AM
    I've been leaning towards the Passport. The screen on the Dtek50 is to small for me and slider keyboards like the Priv are awkward. There are one or two more phones coming out though. I'm still trying to find a Dtek50 to play with. Want to see if the features I like are available on it.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 08:44 AM
    Passport definitely.

Posted via CB10
    RobertP1 and YesAndNo like this.
    10-03-16 08:54 AM
    It really boils down to one thing: Apps

If you need apps then the Priv is a no brainer, if you don't then Passport SE is great.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-03-16 09:06 AM
    One iPhone costs the three of those BlackBerry phones combined. So, buy all three so you won't worry about wondering what-if.

Passport!
    10-03-16 10:08 AM
    I would use the Priv as the main driver and the Passport as my 2nd device. Ideal solution in my opinion. One Android BlackBerry, one BB10 BlackBerry, for a full BlackBerry experience xD.
    10-03-16 10:19 AM
    Are you concerned with future support? or are you just going to run with it until it dies?
    You mean Future support about what?
    What's app?
    Yeah I will use my passport until it get dies! Again I will choose bb10 if blackberry made another bb10 device.
    I hate android crap! Iphone not in my list.

Posted via CB10
    YesAndNo likes this.
    10-03-16 11:03 AM
    10-03-16 11:08 AM
    Get the Priv. Its the best internal hardware of the lot. SE is on a dead OS and DTEK is just a skinned Alcatel.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-03-16 12:14 PM
    I love my Priv. Sold my Classic and keeping a Leap as a backup. So, my vote is for the Priv.

Posted via my Priv
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-03-16 05:17 PM
    I had to move on because of the shift to Android. My company requires me to have communication on lots of social media. And having native apps that work flawlessly is a must. I do however still carry a bb10 device as well as I can't seem to completely stray away from that flow

Posted via my old faithful Z10
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-03-16 06:09 PM
    In my opinion:

If you don't need the apps get the passport.

If you do need an android maybe look around at some of the bigger names as BlackBerry is on such thin ice right now.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 06:44 PM
    I'd recommend either the Passport SE or the Priv. The Dtek 50 is a serviceable phone but is hardly a BlackBerry and is very outperformed by the Passport SE and Priv.

Honestly it depends on how much you care about certain apps. From a productivity standpoint BB10 and the Passport SE blows Android out of the water. The build quality is also great. You can do almost anything on it but you have to be willing to invest time in workarounds on occasion if you need certain specific apps or services. The wide screen is something you just have to experience to understand how awesome it is.

On the other hand the Priv is a great phone and brings a lot of BlackBerry features to Android. It's not as efficient for multitasking (due to Android) but you can run any app or service pretty much effortlessly and expect that to continue for a couple of years. The form factor and build are very good and the keyboard is a lot better than some reviews make it out to be. It brings most of what I love about BlackBerry to Android.

Ultimately it just depends on how long you expect the device to be supported and if you're willing to put in some effort at times or just want something that works out of the box (and will continue to for the next 2+ years).
    10-03-16 06:52 PM
    It's such a personal choice. I love BB 10, and the Passport is very impressive. But it's too big for me. I've been very happy with my old Z30 and I now have a Classic as well.

I do see the handwriting on the wall, and am getting a Priv to get to know android. I tried the keyboard in an AT&T store, and it seemed OK. Time will tell.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>Lumia950> BBClassic
    10-03-16 07:10 PM
    In my opinion:

If you don't need the apps get the passport.

If you do need an android maybe look around at some of the bigger names as BlackBerry is on such thin ice right now.

Posted via CB10
    Updates are coming, ... and will keep coming... :-)

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    10-05-16 01:06 AM
    Just purchased a passport, greatest decision I have ever made. This thing is a beast! No lag, obscenely long battery life, great camera and fantastic keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 07:55 AM
    If these three were my only choices, I'd pick Priv. Compared to DTEK50, Priv is AMOLED, has more screen resolution, larger internal storage, better primary camera and larger battery. I would pick Passport, only as a backup device.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-05-16 08:24 AM
    If these three were my only choices, I'd pick Priv. Compared to DTEK50, Priv is AMOLED, has more screen resolution, larger internal storage, better primary camera and larger battery. I would pick Passport, only as a backup device.
    I am thinking that I should rule out the Passport. It just doesn't fit my lifestyle. I have apps for everything, from banking, to Coffee, to my car insurance, and all the Social Media stuff...Down to two now
    10-05-16 08:38 AM
    Well the passport is a good phone probably the best BlackBerry when it was realized but its BB10 experience is dying and the DTEK is mainly a BlackBerry for people who don't want PKB my recommendation is the Priv is smooth running good keyboard and has everything a you expect from a BlackBerry running Android

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-05-16 11:47 AM
    I settled for a Dtek50 temporarily until the Mercury comes out. I didn't want to spend much since I won't have it long hopefully. I have to say, I do prefer my Passport. But it's nice to have all the service support with Android.

BB10 is done like dinner, sadly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android DTEK
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-05-16 03:25 PM
    Just purchased a passport, greatest decision I have ever made. This thing is a beast! No lag, obscenely long battery life, great camera and fantastic keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    Glad you like it... I'm nearing 2 years on mine on October 26! :-)

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-05-16 04:32 PM
30 12