My DTEK keeps scanning in the early hours of the morning. I don't want to power down my phone over night.

Even with data switched off it still does what appears to be a weekly scan, which last night it completed at 1:43am followed by a nice loud chime to wake me up!

Is there any way to switch it off? It certainly appears that it's not possible to remove it.

I don't want to use DO NOT DISTURB as I always want to make sure that if somebody needs to call me in the middle of the night that I am available, family emergency etc.
    08-13-18 03:26 AM
    Don't know about DTEK....

But I use DND > Allow Exceptions > Calls From > Favorite Contacts

And have my Family and few friends in the Favorites...
    08-14-18 03:33 PM
    Hi @markspriv, We are adding some functionality to the next release that will allow muting of DTEK notifications (independent of device volume, etc). Notifications will be muted by default for convenience. The next late night beep should be the last one you hear. Sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks,

Robert
    08-15-18 01:38 PM
    Hi @BB_RobertL

Thanks for confirming that there is an update to stop this issue. Do you know when it will be saved? Although it's muted, is it still going to light up the screen by default? (enough to wake most people up in the middle of the night)

While you're here perhaps I could ask if you might have an answer to another thread of mine (two related ones)
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13242110

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13242225

I need to be sure about this rotate/screen issue before I have to buy another Ebay screen and pay for another install. I tried to find out if I could buy another screen from Blackberry, rather than risk possibly dodgy screens off Ebay that may be riddled with issues, but it seemed impossible

Thanks

Mark
    08-15-18 03:09 PM
    My DTEK keeps scanning in the early hours of the morning. I don't want to power down my phone over night.

Even with data switched off it still does what appears to be a weekly scan, which last night it completed at 1:43am followed by a nice loud chime to wake me up!

Is there any way to switch it off? It certainly appears that it's not possible to remove it.

I don't want to use DO NOT DISTURB as I always want to make sure that if somebody needs to call me in the middle of the night that I am available, family emergency etc.
    In the mean time, activate system UI tuner and turn on to power notification within it. You can then choose per app what level of notifications is allowed. If you set an app to level 2 it will never make a sound!

You can activate system UI tuner by long-pressing the cog wheel when you swipe down from the top.
    08-15-18 03:16 PM
    Hi @markspriv,

We are targeting next week for release. I'm not sure about the screen coming on though... I'll have to test that out. As a workaround, you can trigger the scan earlier in the night as well by plugging it in sometime after 7:15pm on Sunday. We try to find a good time to do the heavy lifting that is least disruptive to the user, so if the device finds itself charging it should take advantage of that and run the scan at that time. This way you will see the notification pop while you are still awake

As for your other posts, I unfortunately can't help I am the product manager for DTEK/Password Keeper/Privacy Shade/BID, so most of my knowledge is limited to these areas. Sorry!

Thanks,

Robert
    08-15-18 03:21 PM
    Thanks @itsyaboy although I don't see anywhere to change app settings. I did manage to open the system UI tuner, but I just see an option to set what's on the status bar and the ability to set the percentage on the battery indicator, but nothing else
    08-15-18 03:21 PM
    Thanks @itsyaboy although I don't see anywhere to change app settings. I did manage to open the system UI tuner, but I just see an option to set what's on the status bar and the ability to set the percentage on the battery indicator, but nothing else
    You should be able to activate power notification controls under system UI tuner / other / power notification controls. If you activate it there, you can then adjust app notifications in the usual notifications settings..
    08-15-18 03:24 PM
    Hi @BB_RobertL,

Thanks for that. I did look to see if I could set the time it scans but there did not seem to be any way or any indication as to when it actually does it. It's always plugged in for over night charging. I'm not even sure how long it takes to scan. I'll try putting it on power at 7:15pm on Sunday as suggested.

Understood on the other issues, I thought it was worth asking. It's rather frustrating that I have not been able to buy a screen directly. I've had 3 in it now, 2 that the glass fractures all over the screen for no apparent reason (defective) and another that I THINK is causing this rotation issue. Looks like the only way is to try another and hope I don't get a dodgy screen again. A genuine manufacturer screen is what I really need
    08-15-18 03:26 PM
    @itsyaboy There is no OTHER option
    08-15-18 03:27 PM