View Poll Results: Was it helpful?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

1 100.00%
  • no

0 0%
    Hi guys,
    I have travelled to Russia today and went crazy because my BB did not update the time correctly. It got the right time (because the device was set to automatic) but my World Clock App showed it wrong. I found out that the BB did not take Moscow as time zone but another city with another time zone. Why? Because Moscow has opted out of DST so their current zone is GMT+4 (previously GMT+3)...

As I passed hours on the web to solve this issue, I'd like to share what I found hidden somewhere on RIM's technical webpages (... no comment) and probably save precious time to others.

RIM has released a patch in August and then an update in September to solve time zone issues for Russia, Egypt, Israel and Chile.

You must access the page from your BB but it works also while on a wireless connection (so no data traffic for roaming is billed).

I'd like to paste the direct link but I am a newbie so it seems I am not allowed. However, you should be able to copy below information into your browser adding http.

btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB28 317]KB28317-September]BlackBerry Technical Solution Center[/url] 2011 - Daylight Savings Time Update

I hope I could be of help for some other travellers!

:-)
    Last edited by solmar; 02-05-12 at 07:30 PM.
    02-05-12 07:28 PM
    There should be another way to change the timezone to +4 by choosing another country besides those listed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 09:52 PM
    Yes, sure, you can choose a city which has the time zone you need. Actually that is what the BB does automatically.

But this is not convenient in two cases:
    a) If you live in a country where the DST has changed (e.g. Russia, Egypt) because your device will update to DST in March and show the wrong time until September
    b) if you us any world clock application to have the current time in different locations because it will always show you the wrong time for that particulare time zone (in my case Moscow)

Have a nice day
    02-06-12 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD