Anyone come across a good option to improve signal strength for a blackberry curve (or any blackberry)? ? ? i just moved and am not getting good reception at my new location.
    09-16-08 11:28 AM
    Have you checked the VZW coverage map for your new location??
    09-16-08 11:51 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I have a similuar lack of signal issue. The solution is Unlicenced Mobile Access that allows you to use an Internet connection to host your calls and data.

Only T-Mobile provides UMA in the USA.

Your other option is to invest in a signal amplifier. It will pick up the existing signal and increase the signal strength available to your device. They are not cheap.

Cellular Amplifiers Repeaters - Cellular Antennas - Cell Signal Boosters
    09-16-08 11:51 AM
    And, keep in mind when researching cell amplifiers that you want a piece of equipment that amplifies the incoming and outgoing signals. If it only amplifies the incoming signal, then your calls will still drop and not work properly because your outgoing signal is not being picked up!
    09-16-08 12:28 PM
    buy one of these: Amazon.com: Wireless Extenders Cell Phone Signal Booster Dual Band YX510 PCS/CEL: Cell Phones & Service

or change providers to a service that offers better reception in your home area, or get tmobile's UMA/hotspot@home service or sprint and their airave service.
    09-16-08 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD