i dropped it in the sink last week and it was in there for about 15 seconds, fully submerged. I pulled it out and immediately pulled the battery. I let it sit for a bit and then checked it and it was working ok. Some keys were not typing the right letters and the touch screen wasnt working fully. After a bit it just stopped working all together so i put it in rice for a few days but it still didnt work. I tried sucking up all the moisture with a vaccuum but it STILL doesnt work. What can i do to fix it or is it beyond repair? thanks.
    BoldPreza likes this.
    12-17-13 03:17 PM
    Yes it is probably ruined. HOWEVER this is what you can try....

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ht-way-318876/

PS: You probably waited too long to do this!
    12-17-13 03:20 PM
    when i plug it into my computer a red light comes up where it would be if the phone was charging or if i did a battery pull. the light goes away after 10 seconds or so. does this mean anything or is my phone fried?
    12-17-13 03:44 PM
    You remove the power source and let the device dry until there is no doubt that there is no water within the device to cause a short circuit. This take days not "a bit". Once damage is done to an electronic circuit, no amount of drying will fix it.

I another tread a poster sent BlackBerry a sad letter about their wonder BlackBerry being attacked by the forces of nature.... some water. They got a nice letter back and a new BlackBerry.... doesn't hurt to try. But I expect that results will vary.
    12-17-13 03:57 PM
    Your phone is toast and there sadly is no sugarcoating that. Your problem started here: "...I let it sit for a bit and then checked it and it was working ok. Some keys were not typing the right letters and the touch screen wasnt working fully. After a bit it just stopped working all together so i put it in rice ..."

You should have taken the steps to completely remove the water BEFORE putting power back to the device and trying to get it to work.
    12-17-13 04:00 PM
    Bet it's clean through

Posted via CB10
    gogurt48 likes this.
    12-17-13 04:19 PM
    It's done. Wish I could say it was fixable but once it's submerged for that length of time it's ruined.
    12-17-13 05:18 PM
    Just tweet it and tell them your Piers Morgan.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    12-17-13 06:23 PM
    For future info:

If your phone gets dunked in water, immediately turn it off and, if possible, remove the battery.

If the water was SALT water (ocean) or otherwise something but pure water, then use warm or hot water to wash the phone. If salt or chemicals were involved, you might even want to take the phone apart to rinse it. Salt or chemicals on the circuit board will remain once the water evaporates and can damage/corrode the components, so you need to get them out of there. Clean water won't hurt anything other than possibly the microphone - some contain a felt pad that can retain moisture for a long time.

Then, dry it off as much as possible, and use a hair dryer in any ports/holes to evaporate as much trapped water as you can.

Next, place the phone in a sealed ziplock bag of desiccant (water-absorbing material; rice works okay, but even better is silica gel, which you can buy as clear "crystal" kitty litter), and LEAVE IT THERE FOR 3 (THREE) DAYS! Yes, I said THREE days. Do not take it out, do not "test it", leave it alone. I don't care how important your phone is to you, THREE DAYS.

After three days, put the battery back in and try it out. It will probably work.

If you didn't wait long enough, because you HAD to test it out, you will almost always ruin the phone permanently.
    Last edited by Troy Tiscareno; 12-17-13 at 07:39 PM. Reason: typo
    mkelley65, m1a1mg, pkcable and 1 others like this.
    12-17-13 07:16 PM
    Since I have witnessed a person do this, make sure the rice is not cooked.
    12-17-13 08:22 PM
    As Troy said silica gel is much better then rice but uncooked rice will do in a pinch.
    12-17-13 09:29 PM
    M1a1mg....lol.

donnation, not true....my z10 sat under 6" of water for 15 minutes. did the above and it works as good as it did the day I got it. Which is fantastic by the way!!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 11:03 PM