I Know Really Really Stupid. I Was Out This Evening And I Dropped My Blackberry Into A Half Full Cup Of Coffee. It Was In There For Over An Hour. When I Started To Look For It, It Realized What I Had Done. I Immediately Removed The Battery. And Wiped It Out.
    Any Help On An Issue Like This?

Thanks
    Kakiejo
    02-10-08 12:06 AM
    Sorry to hear about that. I think all you can do now is wash it with some clean water (probably distilled would be best) and let it dry out. Pop the battery back it and hope for the best. Make sure it is fully dry - inside and out - before you turn it back on.

If it was turned off when it fell in the coffee (which it sounds like it wasn't) it may have a chance. If it was powered on and in coffee for that long, sadly it's probably done.
    02-10-08 12:10 AM
    The BBerry custody authorities should be involved with that to take that Berry from that individual and give it a good home!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-08 12:15 AM
    I Know Really Really Stupid. I Was Out This Evening And I Dropped My Blackberry Into A Half Full Cup Of Coffee. It Was In There For Over An Hour. When I Started To Look For It, It Realized What I Had Done. I Immediately Removed The Battery. And Wiped It Out.
    Any Help On An Issue Like This?

Thanks
    Kakiejo
    Yikes! Now you got yourself a nice shinny doorstop that use to get e-mail browse the web, play music and videos.
    Hope you had insurance!

But really... had it been water..maybe a chance. Coffee? Can you say sticky?
    02-10-08 12:23 AM
    My buddy dropped his in dr pepper and he thought it was done but he gave it to me for parts and I took it completely apart and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and it turned back on the next day my brothers been using it for 3mos no problems.

02-10-08 01:00 AM
    juan valdez' wet dream...

-db

sorry for your loss.
    02-10-08 05:55 AM
    Ouch sounds like a nightmare I had the other night! Sorry to say but I think your BB is done.

02-10-08 07:35 AM
    I am sorry to hear that.

Just curious, I hear ATT doesn't offer insurance on some of thier BB. So, what do you as far as replacement, when something like this happens?
    02-10-08 08:19 AM
    LOL! @ Apollo...

Just not right but I do feel sorry for you!

02-10-08 08:50 AM
    Ouch!
    So do you get a replacement or you gotta buy new one?

02-10-08 08:55 AM
    There are insurance plcaes out there for cell phones...

The link below offers for BBs and is comparable to what Att use to charge me for insurance on my Razr V3xx and for a BB thats not bad....$70 detuctible though....

Still, I think its worth it....Im picking up my BB tomorrow!! Let the crackin begin
    Last edited by -sandman-; 02-10-08 at 09:09 AM.
    02-10-08 09:06 AM
    Ok needed 10 posts to post a link:

ha...so this is #10...
    02-10-08 09:08 AM
    02-10-08 09:09 AM
    Ok needed 10 posts to post a link:

ha...so this is #10...
    I've been frustrated with this too! I've tried to post a couple links so far on the boards and it keeps telling me I need 10 posts. Another one down...
    02-10-08 09:11 AM
    Cream and sugar? Good luck.I frequently put things in my shirt pocket and then bend over to flush! Not a good idea.
    Could have happened to us all now I think of it.
    02-10-08 12:00 PM
    Ouch. That BB is gonna be WIRED!
    02-10-08 12:15 PM
    Ouch!, or should that be "Splash!"

Well, there is another example of why you shouldn't drink and drive

But seriously, I hope your BB survives!

I can see the new warnings on coffee cups:

Caution: Content HOT!
    Caution: Not A Blackberry Holder
    Caution: No Liveguard on Duty
    02-10-08 02:28 PM
    Dry it out for 5 or more days and see that happens. Put it some where warm during drying.

02-10-08 02:37 PM
    I guess the BB will be refreshed.... was it instant?

People say if you put it in a bag of rice (uncooked please) it takes away all the moisture.... Just rince it with water...
    02-10-08 03:12 PM
    The BBerry custody authorities should be involved with that to take that Berry from that individual and give it a good home!!!

02-10-08 07:27 PM
    yikes. have you gotten a new berry or tried to clean it...?
    02-10-08 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD