I know I'm howling at the moon again, but some things never change. Look what's "Trending Now" on Crackberry. Every time there's a release, announcement or launch, there is a proliferation of negative threads. I know the best advice is to just ignore it and it will go away, but to make my point, look at what's "Trending Now" on Crackberry below. The "top" 6 threads are all negative. There are so many, largely redundant negative posts that it is hard to get to substantive threads about the device and issues, etc. This happens every time there is BB "event". It starts out like below, with claims about poor sales and the usual short-seller, anlaysist shills issuing reports, etc. Then, when that gets old, the, "My [fill in blank] smartphone is better" threads start, then a number of threads of galloping woe, culminating in the sad surrender and return of whatever the device happens to be. I'm not calling for censorship, but all this chafe really obscures the more important information on the site. I know the guys who own and run this site break their backs to make it better. I just wish there was a way that it wouldn't become a vehicle for anti-campaigns like this. The Crackberry Team rightfully prides themselves on being realists, but I'd almost rather see a separate "DUMP ON BB" Forum so there would be a place for that, which could be ignored or gloried in, leaving the useful information more accessible. Just to be clear, I don't mean to say that the OP on any of these threads is trolling or chronically negative. I haven't made some sort of posting meta-analysis. And I recognize that anytime there is a new product or OS there will be frustrations and issues and bugs, so this is to be expected and is actually a good thing. A lot of "negative" threads produce some of the most helpful responses. -- "Z10 not impressive";"No BIS, what is the point?"; "Returned my Blackberry Z10":
    Tech Consultant and Lehomer like this.
    03-25-13 04:07 PM
    Its awesome when people create an account, post a negative thread then never post again. Those are joyous and fun.
    jesse_h likes this.
    03-25-13 08:30 PM
    I just dont understand why one would waste their time to go post in a rival forum and write 1000 page essays and whatnot.Seriously dont they have anything better to do?? dont know go customize their phone talk more cyborg.
    03-26-13 05:20 AM
    PR companies are hired to do this. I know it sounds like I'm wearing a tin foil hat, but it's a known fact that this type of thing takes place.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    undone likes this.
    03-26-13 06:58 AM
    There's got to be some sort of posting guidelines (perhaps a probationary period) for new posters. Don't want to group all newbies into one category, but it would make for a nicer forum environment.
    03-26-13 07:42 AM
    Plenty of us longtime BB users have honest and valid criticisms. Being a Blackberry user, even a Blackberry fan does not mean I'm going to whitewash my opinions when I think something could or should have been done better. I understand there's a difference when we're talking about one-post spam accounts posting negative mis-information; but too often users posting valid criticism or complaints are taunted as iOS trolls.

Welcome to the internet; differing opinions abound.
    OMGitworks and JeepBB like this.
    03-26-13 08:42 AM
    Newbies cant start threads would be a start before hitting a post count threshold
    matthewgreyling likes this.
    03-26-13 08:49 AM