I guess we disagree then chicken...weird...maybe why we own the phones we do.
    Well you did say to "ask anyone who has used both".
    06-17-10 10:43 PM
    Fair enough chicken...good point.
    06-17-10 10:53 PM
    I know ppl who own droids and blackberries. They both have different things to offer to ppl. Personally I'm looking for a messenging device. I had a horrible experience with the Motorola Krave and now I'm not sure I want to go to a droid or not. I did her from a Verizon rep that they have two new droids coming out one right behind the other. It's still pretty new so I'll give it more time to mature, but I will say this. There were many unhappy iPhone users because they never updated until droid came along. So no one platform is perfection or better than any other it's what you use it for that makes it good or bad. Some os' are better for certain things and others aren't. But as a first time user I'm a little undecided but leaning more towards blackberry as a college student with texts, emails, and phone calls.
    06-23-10 04:17 PM
    Personally, I have gone through more than 20 BBs. I originally bought a Storm 1. Boy was that a mistake. After Verizon replaced the phone repeatedly due to malfunctions (I am very good to my phone, no weird apps or anything. I like to keep it clean) they finally gave me a Tour instead. It was the same story all over again... Slow, rigid, terrible interface, and just shuts down. Idk about you guys, but it is infuriating to me when you are in the middle of something and you have to wait for it to reboot... After numerous Tours, they gave me a Storm 2. Meanwhile my girlfriend is rocking an iPhone... That was fun... After about 3 Storm2s, Verizon apologized and gave me a Droid X. Guess what? It is a phone that actually works! Alright! I am so done with BlackBerry... To everyone who loves there BB, try another smart phone for a little... You will be surprised. I am not just trying to bash BB, I have been an avid Crackberry user for a long time! I knew more about phones than I ever should, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work... Id give the Droid a try...
    07-27-10 07:40 PM
    Yea 3 more days to go before I can upgrade. And I am going for a Droid. I also have had it and since I don't use the BBM that much people can SMS me or E-mail.
    After playing with my friends I-phone, another friend with the VZ Incredible and someone who has a Sprint phone. I forget the name.
    You can't believe what a POS a BB is compared to them. Though the I-Phone has the hold it wrong and U drop a call, but if I go with one I will pre-order a I-phone 4.
    Even though I was going to get a Bold with the new track pad. I am tired of the speaker going on the BB and now even Vibrate don't work. I can move up and down and then use the D to delete and the C to close, but I can't get the track ball to move to the left.
    This would be #4 bold and they might last 9 months. 4 curves prior to the Bold. I ain't getting suckered into another BB.
    The Browser on the I-phone is amazing, when we brought up this site it was almost instant on the I-phone and Droids. Then when I tried a web site that might work on the Bold the others were instant.
    I waited 5 min to load on the Bold.
    So I will let U know, maybe it will be a bust and I will be back to a BB, but the other guys and gal had BB's and I mean for years and years. One was a die hard RIM fan and he said, never again.
    RIM must stand for shove it up ur rear end.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 09:50 PM
    Personally, I have gone through more than 20 BBs. I originally bought a Storm 1. Boy was that a mistake. After Verizon replaced the phone repeatedly due to malfunctions (I am very good to my phone, no weird apps or anything. I like to keep it clean) they finally gave me a Tour instead. It was the same story all over again... Slow, rigid, terrible interface, and just shuts down. Idk about you guys, but it is infuriating to me when you are in the middle of something and you have to wait for it to reboot... After numerous Tours, they gave me a Storm 2. Meanwhile my girlfriend is rocking an iPhone... That was fun... After about 3 Storm2s, Verizon apologized and gave me a Droid X. Guess what? It is a phone that actually works! Alright! I am so done with BlackBerry... To everyone who loves there BB, try another smart phone for a little... You will be surprised. I am not just trying to bash BB, I have been an avid Crackberry user for a long time! I knew more about phones than I ever should, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work... Id give the Droid a try...
    long time avid crackberry user ???? with 1 post....ROFL
    07-27-10 09:55 PM
    BlackBerry: Communication
    Droid: Entertainment

The applications on the BlackBerry are much more productivity oriented, unlike the ones on android devices.
    07-27-10 10:11 PM
    Well maybe he just looks at posts and had no reason to post. Maybe he posts on one of the many other sites.
    I mean I have 2 user names because I can't get into the 50-gulp forum under the Raven71. So I use TNMT or is it TMNT. I for get but I only have 4 posts with that user nams.
    So you would have said thw same about me. Say a bad thing about BB and your Branded a troll or a ?????

07-27-10 10:13 PM
    Well maybe he just looks at posts and had no reason to post. Maybe he posts on one of the many other sites.
    I mean I have 2 user names because I can't get into the 50-gulp forum under the Raven71. So I use TNMT or is it TMNT. I for get but I only have 4 posts with that user nams.
    So you would have said thw same about me. Say a bad thing about BB and your Branded a troll or a ?????

tru tru, But I thought it was funny, and just seeing the 1 post, and join in july 2010..
    07-27-10 11:12 PM
    long time avid crackberry user ???? with 1 post....ROFL
    haha yea, that was my first post, but I have been on here downloading apps, and waiting all night for news on new leaked OSs and everything. I just never felt the need to post anything.
    07-28-10 07:03 PM
    BlackBerry: Communication
    Droid: Entertainment

The applications on the BlackBerry are much more productivity oriented, unlike the ones on android devices.
    Pretty much any productivity application for the Blackberry can also be found for Android. And usually for a fraction of the cost (example would be Documents to Go and there are more)

Any smart phone is going to have productivity applications. RIM doesn't have a lock on productivity applications.
    07-28-10 10:08 PM
    The Droid X blows away my Curve 8530---hands down. My wife just got her Droid a few months ago, and absolutely loves it. She had a curve but upgraded to the droid and never looked back. I'm next on the list---I'm tired of my curve freezing up all the time, not to mention it's SLOW. Not really sure why BB's are so great for business. I'm a CPA with a busy schedule, but the droid has a scheduler that's just as good as a BB. I'll be going to a droid in January.
    09-22-10 05:53 PM
    My 9700 is epic to me and does everything I want it to.

09-22-10 06:12 PM
    I loved my 9700 and sold it and got a Evo 4G, but now I'm thinking about going back. Even though we have 4G here in Nashville, I never use it, I'm never in a place where I need to have it. The 3G works fine at work and I have access to WI-FI most places I go or work. The $10.00 dollar premium is not worth it to me. Call me cheap, but that's how I feel right now. Plus the 4G is a brick, especially in scrub pants. Even with a holster the phone is heavy.
    09-22-10 06:20 PM
    God knows I love my Blackberry...... But can someone tell me why the new Droid from Verizon may....... be better?
    Well I had a droid and at first I loved it. The only problem was that I really missed BBM. But then I also realized that Android had some problems. First the battery on my droid was awful unlike the great one on the blackberry. I couldn't even get a full day of battery on my droid. Also the Droid is bad at multitasking. If you go from app to app the phone will overheat and lag. It feels like it can burn your hand.
    So finally, the droid has a lot of potential but for now stick with blackberry especially since Blackberry 6.0 has been released.
    Make Your Choice.
    saristeg likes this.
    02-15-11 09:42 AM
    I am thinking of going on a smartphone magical mystery tour.

I am absolutely besotted with my 9700. It does everything I need it to and everything else is going to have problems sliding into my life as this phone meets all my needs which is mainly communication, hey it is a phone.

I live in the States but am from the UK and have family and friends spread all over Europe and a few other places.

Hands up I will admit it I am a techno nerd, ermm the fact you are reading this I would suggest makes you something along those lines as well :-) As such I am usually reading Engagdet, here, the various Android forums and the like when browsing. I try not to but that is where I usually end up.

With the plethora of devices out there of various flavours it is coming up to time to try some tasting.

So in the next week or two I am going to get an Inspire to play with that and if that doesn't hit the mark may try an Atrix or Arc.

Going to stay with Android until about August, when my renewal kicks in, and then try the iPhone 5. I have had iPhones in the past and they have always been great devices but can't compare to Berry's for communication.

I will see how long I can resist the hopefully released Touch Bold at that point and eventually move over to that.

That is the game plan. Should be interesting and will show me what folks keep telling me I am missing through persistent Blackberry use.
    02-15-11 12:58 PM
    I'm currently using a blackberry curve 8530 and am thinking about switching to a droid x. I'm a heavy texter and internet user. Email is also important. And I was wondering if I could put word documents on the droid and edit it or send it as an email attachment, like I could on bb. What do you guys think?
    04-19-11 07:19 AM
    I see a lot of people comparing curves to devices like droidx's. Obviously the droid x is superior as far as performance. You need to look at what your going to use your device for. If your a multimedia hound and don't mind carrying around a laptop on your belt then you def should go with a droid or an evo type device. My main issue with my EVO was size, battery usage and lack of BBM. I ended up coming back to BB for those reasons.
    04-20-11 07:21 AM
    I agree with the previous poster,you can't compare a old device to a new device,technology changes all the time.After 2 years of being with my Storm,it was time for me to upgrade and like everybody else I looked at my options but I never really had a bad experience with my Storm,it was just getting outdated and needed something new to keep up with all the changes made during that last 2 years.

A friend borrowed me his iphone to get the apple vibe but never really liked it.Decided to try the Blackberry Torch and I'm very impressed.I was really happy with my Storm when I first got it even if I did experience the slow web,the reboots and memory leaks but these are things of the past with the Torch.

I would like to tryout a Android device in the near future,didn't have a fair shot to get familiar with it and look like it's a incredible ecosystem but they need to stop introducing new devices everyday,it's killing me ha! ha!

Basicly,I would suggest people to get a new Blackberry device with OS 6,even wait for the new models coming in a few months before giving up on Blackberry.

Just remember that at the end of the day,take a device that makes you happy,Iphone,Android or Blackberry...it doesn't matter.The Blackberry Storm had a lot of bad reviews but for me it was never the case,I loved that phone and I still believe it got unfair reviews.
    04-20-11 09:21 AM
    I agree with the previous poster,you can't compare a old device to a new device,technology changes all the time.After 2 years of being with my Storm,it was time for me to upgrade and like everybody else I looked at my options but I never really had a bad experience with my Storm,it was just getting outdated and needed something new to keep up with all the changes made during that last 2 years.

A friend borrowed me his iphone to get the apple vibe but never really liked it.Decided to try the Blackberry Torch and I'm very impressed.I was really happy with my Storm when I first got it even if I did experience the slow web,the reboots and memory leaks but these are things of the past with the Torch.

I would like to tryout a Android device in the near future,didn't have a fair shot to get familiar with it and look like it's a incredible ecosystem but they need to stop introducing new devices everyday,it's killing me ha! ha!

Basicly,I would suggest people to get a new Blackberry device with OS 6,even wait for the new models coming in a few months before giving up on Blackberry.

Just remember that at the end of the day,take a device that makes you happy,Iphone,Android or Blackberry...it doesn't matter.The Blackberry Storm had a lot of bad reviews but for me it was never the case,I loved that phone and I still believe it got unfair reviews.
    The Torch was released around the same time the Galaxy S, Evo4G, Droid X, Incredible, etc. devices were released.

And it still sucks compared to those, so what you said doesn't really hold water. RIM's phones have consistently been ~18+ months behind the competition in terms of hardware and capabilities, and they're being a bit slot with the OS migration as well. Microsoft made a new OS and will have Mango out with 2nd Gen phones (hardware) before RIM even has a QNX phone on the market. They really need to speed it up.

In the business world old and reliable is great. In the consumer market, new cute and hip is what win...

Or do they still think iPhones and things like that are impossible to make?
    04-20-11 10:27 AM
    The Torch was released around the same time the Galaxy S, Evo4G, Droid X, Incredible, etc. devices were released.

And it still sucks compared to those, so what you said doesn't really hold water. RIM's phones have consistently been ~18+ months behind the competition in terms of hardware and capabilities, and they're being a bit slot with the OS migration as well. Microsoft made a new OS and will have Mango out with 2nd Gen phones (hardware) before RIM even has a QNX phone on the market. They really need to speed it up.

In the business world old and reliable is great. In the consumer market, new cute and hip is what win...

Or do they still think iPhones and things like that are impossible to make?
    I never said that the Torch was better then the Galasy S,Evo 4G and all those other devices.I was more trying to explain that people should try newer blackberry devices before making the jump to another device.I don't know if the Torch is better or not then these devices because like I said,I never really had a fair chance to try them out.

I did tryout the iphone and except for a slight speed increase in web pages (2-3 seconds max) and more apps I personally don't see the difference.

The whole point is that better in the smartphone market is really in the perception of the buyer.
    04-20-11 11:16 AM
    I'm currently using my DROID but I still have my 8900 that I switch back to every now and then when i really start missing my BB.
    So I really don't have a favorite I guess...I just know that I like these both better than the iphone.

04-20-11 01:38 PM
    It all depends on how you use your smart phone. Browsing, media, entertainment: Android runs circles around BlackBerry.

Email, SMS, IM: for the most part, they are both rather equal on capabilities.

I know with how I use my BB (mostly for work), some of the functions just work better on BackBerry. Things like:

Notes during phone calls: On my BB, all I have to do is hit the menu button and add notes to the call. On Android, I added an app to take notes, but I have to move over to that app to do it (or have it open for EVERY call).

DriveSafe.ly: The app is available on both platforms, but DriveSafe.ly actually reads messages as they arrive on the BB. On Android, it reads SMS messages when they arrive, but not emails. It has to check the email server periodically to check for new messages, then read them. So it reads messages that you can't see right away, and if your device picks up the message first, it might not be read at all.

Vlingo is another app I use a lot. On BB, it works with your Bluetooth headset. So, you can speak into your headset and it will type as you drive. On Android, it will only do this with Gingerbread (2.3). Most devices are running 2.2 or lower, so you have to use the mic on the device to do speech-to-text. Vlingo does have In-Car on Android, which is a nice plus, but without bluetooth capabilities, it is hard to use.

On my BB, I log into my work computer using RDM+. It gives me full access to my whole computer screen, plus access to files on the computer, no matter where I am. I can process orders, and run PC apps all from my BB. Android has RDP, but that has a max resolution of 1024x768 (at least the apps I have found), so the entire screen can't be seen, plus they are meant for LAN access and are hard to set up for WAN access, especially for multiple computer access).

Everything is so integrated on BB. Spell-check? No problem. Links between IM apps and Contact list? It's there. Unified Inbox? You can configure what you want included (email, messages, BBM, IM, SMS...). Apps have to be built specifically on Android to have some of those features.

With Android, though, there are some features that best BB. Skype is available on all Android (2.1+) phones, on all carriers (Skype is limited to Vzw on BB). Ustream works very well. Flash video, free GPS navigation, and video chat (Tango, Fring).

Both platforms are great. You just have to decide what you want to do with your device.
    04-20-11 07:23 PM
    I have my Transform on wi-fi to play games (currently losing to my boyfriend on Words With Friends), but that's about it. I honestly don't miss it. While my Transform was on the low end, we own a Nook Color and rooted it and my boyfriend has an EVO. Customizing the home screens got old and I can't play a game for more than 30 mins, maybe an hour. Barely youtube unless it's to look something up and I only visit a handful of sites on my phone browser. I started to realize what I actually wanted out of a phone and went with the 8530. Not upset especially since I am able to do 90% of the same things on it that I could on Android
    04-22-11 12:27 AM
299 ... 101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD