Why do people say that the BB is just good for business and the Droid or Iphone is good for pleasure? I use my BB for both. I think that it works great for social networking and watching the occasional tv episode. I look at these devices like the Droid and the Iphone like devices that I won't use to their full potential, much like my laptop computer. I only use my computer at home to surf the web, download music and videos, and backup my BB. My laptop has more capabilities than that, but that's all I use it for. I mostly only use my smartphone for messaging and phone calls. All of the other features that the Droid and the Iphone are great, but I won't use them. So I may as well have the device that is best in the business when it comes to messaging and voice calls. I had an Iphone for about 3 months, and I downloaded a bunch of apps, music, movies, podcasts, and games. I never had the time to watch movies on it away from home. Most of the apps were great, but not things that I would use on a daily basis. The games were really fun, but I rarely had time to get into them. I only wanted to message, social networking, and use my productivity tools on the device. BB works for. Anything else is a waste of my time and money because I won't appreciate and use all of the features that the Droid, Iphone, or any other of the high-end devices have to offer these days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 12:17 AM
    Droid vs BB Storm 2

He is using the Opera browser.
    01-25-10 12:52 AM
    Now that I have seen and played with a Android on and off and have owned Curves and Bolds. There is no comparison between the two. Except for the E-mail ability by BlackBerry.
    You can't open half the stuff I get on my BB such has clips from you tube. I get unsupported format constantly. Then the ones I can open are so choppy it is ridiculous to watch.
    Even the things I use data viz with or try to read the Adobe downloads are unreadable without a magnifying glass. Oh yea you can zoom in but then it is so blurry or half the words are missing what's the use.
    How about websites that can't load or take forever and the resolution is so crappy it is a wonder anything can be seen.
    Screw the 3rd party apps. I can download that slows the BB down or are incomparable with upgrades.
    Let's talk about that. Beta OS that become mainstream, which you still have to do fixes for or take Cod from previous systems just to get a Browser or VVM. Then the batt lasts 5 hrs with use or the phone gets so hot it feels like it is going to catch on fire.
    Return rate for screwed up track balls or other related problems. How many Droids get replaced after 2 months and then they don't work right.
    **** the list just goes on and on. If my A-hole of a wife would realize ATT sucks and would switch the plan to Verizon, I have a Droid now. But that's another story.
    Now the only problem I see with the Droid is I don't have one.

01-25-10 09:49 AM
    the grass is always greener and the newest phone release is always the greatest thing ever till reality sets in
    well said ..
    01-25-10 11:22 AM
    My Storm2 has some bugs but as I complain to friends with Droid, they think I am lucky.
    01-25-10 11:50 AM
    i just got the DROID and im sooooo frustrated with the lack of simple things like a missed call notification, or how many texts u just received to the point that u have to download 3rd party apps to do the job that a free phone does !! DROID Sucks BA**S!!
    02-02-10 07:36 PM
    I think people like raven71 too often try to compare their device from 12 to 15 months ago to the most recent version of another platform. The G1 is the better comparison for raven71 if he is actually trying to compare what BB has vs Google.
    02-02-10 07:41 PM
    If you want to measure BB vs Moto's android phone then you should use the 9700 for BB. I'm also not sure why moto's cliq is never used to compare. It seems the best of the google software/moto hardware is always compared to all the old BB phones.
    02-02-10 07:44 PM
    I'll stick with my storm2
    02-02-10 08:09 PM
    I've never messed around with a droid, but I've had many Motorola's in my day and never liked one of them. Not saying the droid is bad, but because it is a Motorola means I'll never own one.
    02-02-10 08:45 PM
    I bought my first BB Curve back in 08 and loved it so much that I got the Tour as soon as it came out. I love my Tour so much but my contract is up at Verizon and I am considering the DROID Motorola. I'll admit I am scared about the touch screen but I will have the full keyboard if I need it. There are so many things that are better on the DROID in comparison to a BB but I'll admit it's gonna be a scary shift. At least if I don't like it I can return it for only $35 and I'm ok with that option. Don't get me wrong I am a true BB owner through and through but since Verizon hasn't come out with any wowing new BB's I'm going to get the DROID tomorrow.
    02-17-10 05:36 PM
    How are the messaging capabilities of the Droid anyways? I could care less about 10,000 apps and open development, how well does it handle the things I do every day. I haven't heard of a device that can do it like my BB.

Just my opinion...

i actually preferred the threaded sms from my winmo smart phone- i went from a HTC Touch Pro to a Curve and now to a Tour- if i am having multiple conversations- i like my inbox to show just one "message" for each convo.

with my tour- it will have as many messages as i dont delete- and if I wanna clean it up- better hope i dont need to reference a convo from earlier....

yea yea- before you say it, theres an App i can buy for threaded messages- but i dont want to spend money on something as simple and great an idea as threaded sms....

my question is- does the droid do email in real time as the BB does? or is it like my WinMo that did an hour email check and drained the battery all to ****
    03-12-10 10:33 PM
    Well I have a BB Tour and before that had the pearl, curve and Storm1 and tried Droid for 2 days. I think overall, all devices have pros and cons as everybody knows. I wanted a new device and was craving an Iphone but didn't want att so I went for the Droid on an other line so I could still keep my BB Tour. Well, the Droid sure is nice for browser, apps, screen and all. I had nothing but trouble placing calls as it would keep dropping them. I don't know if anybody experienced it? I would like to know? So I decided to return the Droid and just stick with my Tour (because of emails, dropped calls, BBM and solideness of BBs). I have to say, Android is advanced minus their email handling which my old LG envy was better!lol. I am a hugge BB fan but I have to admit that the browser should have a warning disclaimer before opening. Also I will never understand why the App World is so lame? I am really glad that such phones as Iphones and Droids are out there to stress RIM out because it seems like they are pretty lazy at coming out with anything amazing lately. I have to say that they came a long way with their device but I also think that it might be a good idea for them to do like Apple and make one great device instead of look a alike and wasting money on different mold and design people. What do you guys think? This is my opinion only. I am a big BB user and I'm open to hear about android and others as everybody can have a free opinion.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-13-10 12:16 AM
    Why do people say that the BB is just good for business and the Droid or Iphone is good for pleasure? I use my BB for both. I think that it works great for social networking and watching the occasional tv episode. I look at these devices like the Droid and the Iphone like devices that I won't use to their full potential, much like my laptop computer. I only use my computer at home to surf the web, download music and videos, and backup my BB. My laptop has more capabilities than that, but that's all I use it for. I mostly only use my smartphone for messaging and phone calls. All of the other features that the Droid and the Iphone are great, but I won't use them. So I may as well have the device that is best in the business when it comes to messaging and voice calls. I had an Iphone for about 3 months, and I downloaded a bunch of apps, music, movies, podcasts, and games. I never had the time to watch movies on it away from home. Most of the apps were great, but not things that I would use on a daily basis. The games were really fun, but I rarely had time to get into them. I only wanted to message, social networking, and use my productivity tools on the device. BB works for. Anything else is a waste of my time and money because I won't appreciate and use all of the features that the Droid, Iphone, or any other of the high-end devices have to offer these days.
    I agree. It's all about personal and business preference when it comes to cell phones. Some people can have both sides of it with a bb or a droid or only one half. It's about what you need not what you could want or might need. It's all a sales game(i.e getting people to buy stuff they don't need or will use or hardly use). That goes for apps and games or whatever and the phone itself. It's an ongoing process for each person to find a cell phone that works for them overall. Going from one phone to the next while all the carrier cares about is making a profit. Why else do you think they charge you full price on a phone if you dont like yours after a month? You're stuck with it unless you're foolish enough like me to have baught 2 phones at full price within 5 months. People get suckered in to what the phone can do and go after it blindsided while the other few know what they'll actually use. And more so do their homework such as checking reviews and/or playing with the phone before purchase. As it goes for the droid I will not be getting it. I just got an offer to upgrade early for a smartphone. My current bb was my first and I have enjoyed it quite well. I've used and abused it with upgrading/downgrading my OS to downloading games online and apps. I like the versatility and conveinience of using docs to go which beats having to carry a laptop around. And lets not forget the almighty bbm. I say much better than texting and more so AIM. Does the droid have that? No. And I dont know about this skype thing,but it says free mobile to mobile and iming for others with skype. And what's this android OS? I'm not sure what bb I want to get next. I'm debating between the tour 9630 or storm 1/2. And I also heard rumor of tour 2. I dont really like touch screen though. All I know is I dont want the droid.
    03-28-10 08:28 PM
    The only thing I will miss WHEN I get my droid...is this awesomeness of people. I am so sick of my tour...instead of a battery pull I have to wipe it... now themes don't seem to work right... the click issue... the app issue... I really wish I could say that there would be a reason for me to stay with a BB but after the storm...then the tour then the five tours for the tracball issue... I use my BB ALL the time...but I AGAIN...had to take it the Verizon store and the tech had a droid and while he was screwing with my phone I was screwing with his...and I was hooked... I hope you guys will write when I am gone...LOL I really will miss the people on THIS forum...crackberry helped me get started and helped me learn... just somethings they couldn't help me with.
    05-25-10 10:29 PM
    I agree. It's all about personal and business preference when it comes to cell phones. Some people can have both sides of it with a bb or a droid or only one half. It's about what you need not what you could want or might need. It's all a sales game(i.e getting people to buy stuff they don't need or will use or hardly use). That goes for apps and games or whatever and the phone itself. It's an ongoing process for each person to find a cell phone that works for them overall. Going from one phone to the next while all the carrier cares about is making a profit. Why else do you think they charge you full price on a phone if you dont like yours after a month? You're stuck with it unless you're foolish enough like me to have baught 2 phones at full price within 5 months. People get suckered in to what the phone can do and go after it blindsided while the other few know what they'll actually use. And more so do their homework such as checking reviews and/or playing with the phone before purchase. As it goes for the droid I will not be getting it. I just got an offer to upgrade early for a smartphone. My current bb was my first and I have enjoyed it quite well. I've used and abused it with upgrading/downgrading my OS to downloading games online and apps. I like the versatility and conveinience of using docs to go which beats having to carry a laptop around. And lets not forget the almighty bbm. I say much better than texting and more so AIM. Does the droid have that? No. And I dont know about this skype thing,but it says free mobile to mobile and iming for others with skype. And what's this android OS? I'm not sure what bb I want to get next. I'm debating between the tour 9630 or storm 1/2. And I also heard rumor of tour 2. I dont really like touch screen though. All I know is I dont want the droid.
    This is very close minded. I actually went from the Bold on AT&T to the Droid two days ago (contract was up and wanted to escape AT&T) after playing with the Droid a little bit, reading reviews, and seeing the capabilities. Plus I had 30 days and if I want to go to the Tour, I can. I highly suggest that you at least consider it if you're up for a new phone. It is very powerful and after just TWO days, I simply cannot go to any other phone that does not use the Android OS. BBM is cool and all, but it only works with other BB users. Even on my BB, I still used SMS more, simply because just about everyone I know does. I guess that differs from person to person though. The app support is starting to become huge and another update for Android is going to drop soon increasing performance and stability. The google integration is superb with gmail, gchat/google talk, google voice, maps, etc. If you're not familiar with it, I would at least try to become so before writing it off altogether. I too hate touch screen phones, but when you start using one, you start to realize how much more efficient and user-friendly they are.

Just my $0.02.
    05-26-10 01:42 AM
    I had a droid for 2 weeks.

hated it.

the keyboard is VERY hard to use - with the naviagation pad on the right, you have to stretch your thumb to type on your right hand.

the user interface was very clunky and slow.

returned it and got a curve II.

Happy ever since
    05-26-10 05:24 AM

Happy ever since
    So let me get this straight. The blackberry user interface is faster than Android?
    05-26-10 06:29 AM
    Tadow: I think it's all a matter of perspective.
    05-26-10 10:42 AM
    It depends on what you wanna do; Droid does a lot. If you're a business user, the Blackberry can't be beaten, and I'm sure most people here will agree. But the Droid is better for someone who wants to do more then just email and check the occasional webpage on their phone- apps, etc. Android has got a lot of potential. I could go into a lot more detail, but basically, it depends on what you want to do with your phone.
    I love my Blackberry but it could be so much more. Why does everyone keep defending BB with the same acceptance speach that "BB is better for business because of email and messaging" when all smartphones can do those things close to as good if not as good as a BB? All while BB can't come close to the strengths of their competition.

Keep hope alive! Maybe OS6 won't be more of the same AND can run on skimpy RAM, ROM and processors.

Last edited by Jaredius; 05-26-10 at 12:44 PM.
    05-26-10 12:33 PM
    I had a droid for 2 weeks.

hated it.

the keyboard is VERY hard to use - with the naviagation pad on the right, you have to stretch your thumb to type on your right hand.

Happy ever since
    You're joking right? Idk, maybe the Curve II is faster than the Bold, but no way is my droid clunky or slow compared to the BBs that I've used, or iPhone, or really any other phone that I've used thus far for that matter.

I agree that the Keyboard sucks, its too stiff, and its flush with the phone. I've gotten used to using the touch screen keyboard though, also to using the speech to text, which actually works quite well.
    05-26-10 12:46 PM
    I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 and love it. My husband said I just HAD to have the new Droid when it was time to upgrade. I have had the Droid for a week now and HATE it. It is so sensitive that when I hold it to talk to a friend I accidentally either breathe too hard while talking, or my hair hits a button or finger, though I try to be so careful holding it, otherwise a key pad comes up and will beep or I have lost the connection by cutting the phone off accidentally. I have a very hard time using the key pad for texting, always making typos, it is EXTREMELY sensitive in that you make very many mistakes when you go to do something because you end up touching the wrong thing and get further away from what you are wanting to do. Then I had to figure out how to silence it because all night as an email comes in it will say "DROID"...over and over....it has just been very annoying. The only thing I can actually say I love about the phone is the many many FREE apps and games..WOW! Other than that, I am a simple kind of gal and prefer the Blackberry. I gave the DROID to my hubby today, he wants me to get the Droid Incredible when his upgrade comes around next week...now I am torn...I thought I wanted to go back Blackberry but not certain if I will be happy with the Incredible???? Any help on making my decision is much appreciated! : )
    05-26-10 02:52 PM
    I love my Blackberry but it could be so much more. Why does everyone keep defending BB with the same acceptance speach that "BB is better for business because of email and messaging" when all smartphones can do those things close to as good if not as good as a BB? All while BB can't come close to the strengths of their competition.

Keep hope alive! Maybe OS6 won't be more of the same AND can run on skimpy RAM, ROM and processors.

My 2 cents on this:
    "when all smartphones can do those things close to as good if not as good as a BB"

I'm currently testing a Droid for work (2nd day now). Been using a Storm 2 for months now. We use Exchange and a BES.

Regarding email:
    - I still haven't found out how to setup filters.
    - Haven't figured out how to save messages I want to keep forever (or at least until I choose to delete them).
    - Can't look up exchange contacts not saved as local contacts (might be a BES only function, I haven't used any WinMo phones).

Regarding other functions:
    - touch screen is nice
    - gaming is nice
    - can't stand not being able to highlight icons without it running the icon (Menu key options)
    05-29-10 11:26 PM
    Android is on the way to becoming the #1 OS. The non stop updating of its OS text to speech Google Goggles and it is getting all the hardware that's making the people drool.

05-30-10 12:15 AM
    Then I had to figure out how to silence it because all night as an email comes in it will say "DROID"...over and over....it has just been very annoying.
    LMAO! That about sums it up!
    05-30-10 01:18 AM
299 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD