I'm due an upgrade... Sadle, I don't have the option of a a new phone. AT&T is the only show in town and I don't like the iphone(owned one twice). I have no choice but stick with my blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 12:57 AM
    Did you own the 3gs

11-16-09 01:07 AM
    Android stepped their game up real good. Blackberry is getting so boring and old. Yea RIM is releasing a lot of phones but they all look the same. There is no "cool" applications. For example not even a bus schedule or train schedule app whilw droid has one. For RIM being out longer then android and iphone, one would expect them to be on top of the game and have a million apps...... But uhh that is not the case.

11-16-09 05:11 AM
    Its better in everyway a friend of mine has one and it stays right there with the iphone and tell you the truth I wish I never got rid of my iphone. Those are true smarts phone is my eye. Blackberry only shines with it email and that's it

I phone can't run simultaneous applications so that you can switch between them. No multi-tasking puts it in the non-smartphone category
    11-16-09 05:45 AM
    I'm so confused and torn! I love my BB and have an upgrade soon. Don't know what to do

I say just read as many reviews as possible watch some youtube footage and go with what works for you

11-16-09 05:48 AM
    I phone can't run simultaneous applications so that you can switch between them. No multi-tasking puts it in the non-smartphone category
    That's why there's a home button lol

11-16-09 06:28 AM
    Did you own the 3gs

I have owned a 3gs. The iphone just isn't for me. I currently have a 3G on my family line also..... I would like to try one of the droid phones, but AT&T is the only real option here in Alaska (Fairbanks). That is why I stick woith my bb bold. There is no real option except the iphone. And I have been there, done that!!!

11-16-09 08:39 AM
    If you want wait alittle bit and save your money. I've been reading that rogers att may be getting the droid

11-16-09 08:49 AM
    One program that surprised me - the FaceBook application on the Storm is BETTER than the FB app on the Droid. That was very disappointing. I expected the Droid's app to compete with the iPhone app. Not even close.
    11-16-09 02:02 PM
    11-16-09 02:08 PM
    One program that surprised me - the FaceBook application on the Storm is BETTER than the FB app on the Droid. That was very disappointing. I expected the Droid's app to compete with the iPhone app. Not even close.
    Speaking of the droid rivaling the iphone there is a very good review by cnet, a head to head. They tied but iphone won the tie breaker, because it won 3 rounds and the droid won 2

11-16-09 06:03 PM
    Droid browser cant be beat. not with 2.0
    11-16-09 09:42 PM
    A
    Droid browser cant be beat. not with 2.0
    I beg to differ, I would have to say the safari browser on the iphone is The best smartphone browser out there

Last edited by phonemaster123; 11-17-09 at 09:09 AM.
    11-16-09 10:03 PM
    A

I beg to differ, I would have to say the safari browser on thiphone is Tue best touch skrtphon browser out there

I'm right there with you

11-16-09 10:11 PM
    man there is so much i have liked about my 8830, but am sooo tired of having my calendar erased because memory is low.....giving the 'droid a shot
    11-16-09 11:01 PM
    Speaking of the droid rivaling the iphone there is a very good review by cnet, a head to head. They tied but iphone won the tie breaker, because it won 3 rounds and the droid won 2

LOL. Except the Droid won in the most important round, reception and call quality/3G data availability. Should've been weighted because isn't that what it's all about, being a PHONE.

11-17-09 01:06 AM
    Got the Droid, not happy at this time.
    Blackberry email sooo much better. Having a real problem with emails from my Yahoo account. Google account seems OK. Looks like trouble with the 2 giants.
    This (droid) seems more like a toy rather than a solid working device. more suitable for someone to surf the net....not to do business.
    Significant learning curve and no documentation from Verizon(now there's a surprise)
    11-25-09 06:51 AM
    MIght want ot check out the New Nokia N900 Mobile computer/Phons /does about anything a laptop does basically , but it's a phone!
    11-25-09 12:25 PM
    I've been through two Droids both with horrible voice quality (zero to one bars on a call, -100dBm signal) and great 3G quality (four bars, fast download, no trouble).

For a data-only plan, the Droid is just fine. As a phone, it's a failure for me.
    11-25-09 02:18 PM
    Get somebody to email you an MP3 file to check out. Receive it and listen to it on your BB. If it's over 3 MB, you won't be able to.

Pisses me off all the time 'cause the guys in my band frequently send me MP3s to new songs they want us to learn and most of the time I can't do anything with 'em on my BB and have to wait until I'm at a real computer.

Of course, same problem if somebody sends you a PDF over 3 MB that you want to view. Or any other attachment over 3MB.
    Well. Sorry to burst your bubble. But the 3mb limit is not BB Limit. That's Verizon's limit. The BIS limit is 8mb. So get the droid. Won't cure this problem.
    11-25-09 02:54 PM
    I had the storm from day 1 and thought the phone worked really well. I never even had any major issue with .75. Once it was updated to 5.0 I thought the phone was moving towards it's potential. I now have a Droid and you might ask "well if you liked the storm so much why did you switch?"

There are a few reasons.

1. Memory management. I hated having to monitor my memory. My most used app was meterberry because I would constantly check the memory on the phone/reboot it when it became necessary. Now once 5.0 hit it wasn't as big of a deal but it was still an issue especially if I used the browser. Memory after that would just plummet.

2. The browser: it was almost not worth including on the phone I thought it was that bad.

3. The apps: There were some decent ones but very few. Even today if you look at the Crackberry home page the majority of featured "apps" are themes. I have loaded close to 25 apps on the Droid so far and they are all apps (doc readers, calculator, sms apps, a barcode scanner/price checker, etc,)

4. And finally, the OS in general. As I stated, I liked the storm (I still have it and will switch and use it when I travel overseas) but thought the OS was just not right for it. As has been stated before it was simply the Blackberry OS that was slightly modified for a touchscreen device. I hated all the scrolling through menus. For instance if I was listening to music and wanted to close the media player, I had to scroll the menu - hit close. Then scroll the menu again to close the song list. Then scroll the menu again to close the album list. Then - well I think I made my point. There might have been another way but I found that if I didn't go through all the screens, the program would still be running. I would have to go through what 6(?) menus before I fully closed out the media player. On the Droid I stop the song and then hit the home key. Done - player closed and no worries about memory because the software automatically manages memory. I have never had any lag or had any reboots (planned or unplanned) on the Droid.

The only negative in switching is at this point I have been unable to get one of my three emails to work. But, I am missing some info and once I get it, it should be good. I will not argue the point that Blackberries handle email extremely well but from the limited time I have had the Droid, it does as well. My other two accounts are both push and arrive almost simultaneously with my desktop account. As for the one I am having problems with, the browser is that good that I simply go to the webpage access and log in to check my mail. It is almost as fast as using the email function.

For me the bottom line is the Droid feels and acts like a new touchscreen device whereas the Storm acted like a regular Blackberry with the addition of a touchscreen. If RIM were to design an OS just for the Storm (all touch - one button closing of programs, etc.) I would probably switch back but until then I will use the Droid.
    My two cents for what it is worth
    11-25-09 04:01 PM
    I'm still using my BB 8300 because I haven't really found a BB worth the upgrade on Verizon lately. I heard a lot of complaints about Storm 1 as well as the Tour. I haven't heard as many for the Storm 2. The most important thing I use my phone for is DocsToGo, Navigation, Email, & Web Browsing.
    The default BB browser is a joke. So I use Opera Mini & Bolt instead.
    From what I hear, the Android would be better for browsing.
    VZnavigator runs slow, and from what I hear the Android would be a better for navigation. BlackBerry has BlackBerry Messenger, but I don't really use it anymore. I will be taking a hard look and doing a lot of research about the Android.
    11-25-09 05:13 PM
    I've used the Android OS for a while and I absolutely hate it. I don't get what everybody sees in it. Also the buttons on the Droid suck! The touch screen for typing sucks! If you have actually send and do important things on the fly, more than just sending "lolz" to your friends in the other class then you should probably stick with the bb. The G1 for instance, it's phone design sucked and the Android OS was terrible! It lagged an awful lot, and texting lagged like ****! I've never had a phone that I literally wanted to throw at a wall until that phone!
    11-25-09 05:36 PM
    I heard a lot of bad things about the droid. Many have said it doesn't live up to the hype at all
    11-25-09 05:45 PM
    I just left verizon and checked out all the new toys out of curiosity. The droid is impressive because of the screen size and browser speed, but that's it. My tour beat it out in every other aspect. And wow, the keyboard on that thing is horrible

11-25-09 06:31 PM
299 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD