Uhm! Interesting debate!
    I have a Google G1 rooted and a blackberry 8900. It all depends what you need.
    My observations:

With android you really can't get attachment on emails.

Droid for Verizon to me seems like it will not be able to be rooted and pushed to it's limit.

Web browsing,youtube,iMusic(free songs downloads), are just a name of a few goodies....Those applications are perfect.

It all boils down to personal preference and your daily needs.

Here is a analogy: droid is a tuner car, blackberries are like a high end luxury cars.
    Last edited by frenchy99; 11-11-09 at 08:40 AM.
    11-11-09 08:22 AM
    Uhm! Interesting debate!
    I have a Google G1 rooted and a blackberry 8900. It all depends what you need.
    My observations:

With android you really can't get attachment on emails.

Droid for Verizon to me seems like it will not be able to be rooted and pushed to it's limit.

Web browsing,youtube,iMusic(free songs downloads), are just a name of a few goodies....Those applications are perfect.

It all boils down to personal preference and you daily needs.

Here is a analogy: droid is a tuner car, blackberries are like a high end luxury car.
    good thing I don't NEED my email pushed to my phone!
    what i really need is a phone that has speedy internet such as the droid.
    11-11-09 08:29 AM
    Before you have a heart-attack i had a Blackberry for the past three years. I had my 8100 then up upgraded to the 8900. I'm not shoving my 'droid down anyone's neck, but people with Blackberries need to wake up and realize that the Apple Platform and Android Platform offer the same thing that Blackberries do. In today's world a smart-phone is a smart-phone is a smart-phone. People like you need take a serious Chill Pill, i'm by no means throwing my (less than 18hrs old, may i remind you) 'droid at anyone, i'm just there are options.

just like the old phrase : "there are more that one way to skin a cat"....
    First of all, I never stated or quoted anyone in this thread, if the shoe fits, wear it. Secondly, my point again exactly, who the *ell are you to tell me what phone or piece of junk I should consider I think I've been doing just fine for the last 40 year, what you think the general population can't read or make their own decision so you feel compelled to "let us know", well maybe not everyone agrees with YOU. I personally never attacked you, I was mearly stating i'm tired of all the stupidness over this phone in the BB forums, that's why they give each phone its own respect. I don't need you or anyone else for that matter telling me what RIMS faults are, there's a thing called research for that. As for the "chill pill" your the one on the preachin rampage about how we need to be informed.

There is also an old saying "Practice what you PREACH"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 09:23 AM
    I have a Droid for testing. Piece of junk. Can't even keep a signal in an area where my Storm gets 4 bars. Spontaneous reboots, reboot loops. I've done two hard resets in two days.
    What kind of droid do you have. Your should turn it back in for another tester your is messed up

11-11-09 09:38 AM
    First of all, I never stated or quoted anyone in this thread, if the shoe fits, wear it. Secondly, my point again exactly, who the *ell are you to tell me what phone or piece of junk I should consider I think I've been doing just fine for the last 40 year, what you think the general population can't read or make their own decision so you feel compelled to "let us know", well maybe not everyone agrees with YOU. I personally never attacked you, I was mearly stating i'm tired of all the stupidness over this phone in the BB forums, that's why they give each phone its own respect. I don't need you or anyone else for that matter telling me what RIMS faults are, there's a thing called research for that. As for the "chill pill" your the one on the preachin rampage about how we need to be informed.

There is also an old saying "Practice what you PREACH"

Practice what i preach? you don't see me throwing up swear words or getting defensive when someone "bad mouths our beloved phone". this thread is about debating BB V. Droid, not yelling and screaming and cussing over it. If you don't feel like debating i highly encourage you to find a different thread to troll around in. The topic very well says "Droid VS Blackberry" you know there are going to be people on both sides of the fence, promoting their side and throwing stones at the other side. It happens with every debate, either phones, politics, or cars, it will always happen that way. and as far as the "respective forums", you know we have a "other smart phones" forum here @ Crackberry, Kevin has done a great job @ making sure Other SmartPhones, and their owners are welcome here, to bad everyone doesnt follow suit.
    drkangls likes this.
    11-11-09 09:41 AM
    I would sincerely request we keep this thread very civil and on topic....we are all adults here and lets just get the facts in here of the Droid VS the BB so that this is helpful to other people who might be on the fence....I'm sure we will all learn a lot and who knows? maybe make some new friends! so come on people....
    11-11-09 09:56 AM
    Totally agree YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

11-11-09 10:05 AM
    So. Will there ever be a BlackBerry Droid phone? I hope so. That would shut people up. It would be the ultimate PUSH everything down your throat and make your eyes pop out of their sockets.
    11-11-09 10:48 AM
    This is actually already a topic right now, and if there ever was a droidberry depending on the specs I would totally consider getting it

11-11-09 10:55 AM
    ^ now that's an interesting thought! Didnt we see somewhere some phone running a virtual blackberry OS? maybe that would be something you could run on the droid? wow if that ever happened, it would be a game changer.....
    11-11-09 11:34 AM
    Coming from a 3 year Blackberry user/abuser - my thoughts on the 'droid after 12 hours. these are my thoughts and mine alone, and do not reflect that of anyone else, at least on purpose.

Pros : The processor is amazing, really fast, snappy, doesn't freeze up or slow down @ all. The Android Market is chuck full of Applications, Games, and Themes that are mostly free to download. Download some goofy little applications. and download some "user minded" applications. the Widgets make things really nice. turn off and on the blue tooth without ever touching the settings, same with wi-fi, having a battery monitor is EXTREMELY nice, and since i have the Cliq, MotoBlur is AWESOME. it's like a built in Social Scope that is constantly updating. the program ebuddy is amazing. all of my contacts in one spot for FREE, Y!/google Talk/AIM/FaceBook/MySpace everything in one place. the UI is amazing, very friendly, not menu > menu > menu > ahhh there is whati want. it's just click and go.

Cons: not all e-mails are push. the battery life is sub par, the touch screen is really sensitive,

Over all i'm not 100% sold on being a android only person but right now it's a welcomed change.
    11-11-09 11:35 AM
    I think I may have made a big mistake.
    The droid is a nice phone with a great screen,but my old Storm beats
    it hands down when it come to handling my email accounts.

I am already missing the Storm and I am having thoughts of returning it
    for the new Storm 2 before my 15 day return window ends.
    11-13-09 09:04 PM
    Both are better than iPhone =P

i used both, i miss blackberry, but i love droid.
    11-13-09 09:09 PM
    I think I may have made a big mistake.
    The droid is a nice phone with a great screen,but my old Storm beats
    it hands down when it come to handling my email accounts.

I am already missing the Storm and I am having thoughts of returning it
    for the new Storm 2 before my 15 day return window ends.
    You better do it now while the gettin is good the storm 2 is a good device, if you liked your storm 1 you will love the storm 2

11-13-09 09:54 PM
    I had the Moto Droid for 1 day! Sent it back for the Storm2. My blackberry 8130 had better service than the Droid. Crappy battery life, crappy signal, crappy design, to go with a crappy manufacturer(Motorola) Verizon would have been a lot better off promoting the Storm2 more and the HTC Eris. No joke!!
    11-13-09 11:27 PM
    I haven't used the droid much, but I'm really not a fan of touchscreen devices. It's nice that it has the slideout keyboard for when I am writing texts and emails, but a lot of the times I only type a few words here and there, so it'd be annoying to slide out the keyboard, and I can't stand on screen keyboards. After all the talk about the Android devices I was tempted to try one, but for now I think I'm gonna stick with the 8900. It does everything I need it to and it's a solid device. My only complaint so far with it is the trackball sometimes gets stuff in it so it won't scroll a certain direction. Easily fixed, but kind of annoying. But I've never had a device with such an amazing battery. I can use it extremely heavily and easily make it through the day. Constantly writing texts, emails, browsing the web and talking on the phone. I came from an 8100 I had forever, so I'm very impressed with the 8900.
    11-14-09 12:03 AM
    God knows I love my Blackberry...... But can someone tell me why the new Droid from Verizon may....... be better?
    I don't think that the Droid is better than the Tour or the Storm. I wouldn't switch if I had a BB. I tried the Droid and was not impressed with the device at all. I think it is a good device, but coming from a BB, I think it is second rate.

11-14-09 07:46 PM
    I just played with my friends droid and it is freaking awesome. The high resolution widgets and speed of the processor and the google maps navigation had no lag. The physical keyboard was no slouch too and the screen is just to die for.

But I still have confidence that RIM will do the necessary adjustments in terms of software to keep their marketshare up. After what I saw in the developers conference in San Fransisco there is no reason to panic like most of the blackberry users here are doing. Competition is good and consumers win with having the absolutely best products companies will offer. Android is gaining steam but RIM can adjust.
    11-15-09 01:26 AM
    I admit the Droid seems inpressive, but my BlackBerry Flip does exactly what I want it to. I hardly make use of all the BlackBerry features, so I know I would hardly touch what the Droid does. I dont need that much in my phone. If I want to do all of that, Ill pull out my netbook and tether my flip to it should I really need to do all of that.
    11-15-09 01:36 PM
    I have been a "defender" of the BlackBerry name since I first picked mine up. I thought the device was built solid and couldn't be beat. Then I met my first Droid. There is no comparison anymore. The Droids stomp BB into the ground.
    While I didn't read much after page this, so maybe this is addressed, but this kind of thing is what gets me the most about this whole BB vs Droid discussion.

"8330 (Curve) Soon to be HTC Droid Eris"

Are you really surprised that there is "no comparison" between your 2 yr old phone and a brand new phone? When people are comparing it to the S2 and even the S1, I can understand the comparison. Comparing it to an 8330 and models of the last generation is like comparing apples to oranges.
    11-15-09 01:48 PM
    God knows I love my Blackberry...... But can someone tell me why the new Droid from Verizon may....... be better?
    Its better in everyway a friend of mine has one and it stays right there with the iphone and tell you the truth I wish I never got rid of my iphone. Those are true smarts phone is my eye. Blackberry only shines with it email and that's it

11-15-09 03:23 PM
    I've been a BB Storm owner since last November. With release 5.x, the Storm is a highly capable phone. But, memory runs low, the browser sucks hard, and no wi-fi. Storm2 would fix two of those issues but the browser would remain nearly useless.

I picked up a Droid to try out on Friday. Amazing phone. The browser is awesome, great ability to customize, and with three days of use no battery pull. Sadly, I can't connect to my work Cisco IPSEC VPN with the Droid so I'm back to the Storm.

If I could have connected or didn't have the need, I'd kept the Droid and never looked back. Much better than anything RIM has to offer.
    11-15-09 09:28 PM
    I've been a BB Storm owner since last November. With release 5.x, the Storm is a highly capable phone. But, memory runs low, the browser sucks hard, and no wi-fi. Storm2 would fix two of those issues but the browser would remain nearly useless.

I picked up a Droid to try out on Friday. Amazing phone. The browser is awesome, great ability to customize, and with three days of use no battery pull. Sadly, I can't connect to my work Cisco IPSEC VPN with the Droid so I'm back to the Storm.

If I could have connected or didn't have the need, I'd kept the Droid and never looked back. Much better than anything RIM has to offer.
    agreed right now i dont believe RIM is putting out products that can mess with the DROIDs multi-tasking capabilites, or screen res, or speed, but with OpenGL RIM looks to be opening their device to some new frontiers, and could maybe lead to some OS changes in the future, definitly not this year. Maybe around 2011 i think will see a major change from RIM
    11-15-09 10:18 PM
    I'm so confused and torn! I love my BB and have an upgrade soon. Don't know what to do

11-15-09 10:35 PM
    I'm so confused and torn! I love my BB and have an upgrade soon. Don't know what to do

If your with att go with the iphone 3gs if your with verzion the droid. If you want reviews check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8smo0hRYU4&feature=PlayList&p=ED087EC5F7E 21D12&index=0&playnext=1

11-16-09 12:46 AM
299 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD