im not really sure if this belongs here but my contract with verizon is up tuesday and im debating between the droid pro and the blackberry bold 9650 6.0 os. i know this is a blackberry forum but if you say no to the droid pro id like expirence with before you bash it. as of right now i have an htc ozone windows phone. thank you
    03-13-11 01:41 PM
    i was at the store lastnight and tried the pro, 9650 6.0 and the droid r2d2. the r2d2 seemed slow to me. and im having a hard time deciding between the pro and 9650 6.0. i guess you say all of the above. why arent you a fan of the 6.0 os? how does the 9650 kill the pro from every stand out? the droid pro seemed alittle slow compared to the 9650 6.0 os.

now between the droid apps and the balckberry apps they both seem to have the same apps. now with pro have more space and a faster processor is their difference in the app size? like is the blackberry apps smaller in size then the droid apps?
    03-13-11 01:56 PM
    now between the droid apps and the balckberry apps they both seem to have the same apps.
    No, they don't. It's not even close. Way more apps in the Android Market as far as I'm concerned. Since switching, I'm loving the amount of apps and the amount of FREE apps in the AM.

Try playing Angry Birds on the BB...
    03-13-11 02:09 PM
    i meant for the apps i wanted sorry i didnt clear that up
    03-13-11 02:10 PM
    Alright heres my opinion on both the 9650 and the Pro since I have had both. The 9650 on 6.0 was decent and overall a better user experience than 5.0. One thing that I was waiting for was the webkit based browser which was nothing what I was expecting. It's still just very slow and when trying to just visit my banking site was a pain. I ended up using my upgrade for my Pro which was definitely worth it and the Android OS isn't bad. You could try getting which ever phone since you have the 30 day return period to see if you like it or not.
    03-13-11 02:34 PM
    i was told verizon doesnt have the 30 day return. i believe its 14 or 15 days now
    Last edited by cowboy9from0hell; 03-13-11 at 02:45 PM.
    03-13-11 02:40 PM
    No, they don't. It's not even close. Way more apps in the Android Market as far as I'm concerned. Since switching, I'm loving the amount of apps and the amount of FREE apps in the AM.

Try playing Angry Birds on the BB...
    Haven't you seen the video? BB users would rather play Angry Farm. It's quite nice.

And of course. Even BB fans will tell you that App World is crap.
    03-13-11 02:42 PM
    i was told verizon doesnt have the 30 day return. i believe its 14 or 15 days now
    you have 2 weeks now yes

Haven't you seen the video? BB users would rather play Angry Farm. It's quite nice.

And of course. Even BB fans will tell you that App World is crap.
    ok you enjoy the 4.99 you paid for the AB knockoff and i will play the real thing for free
    03-13-11 02:46 PM
    Who here is really tired of hearing about angry birds? And don't tell me I am jealous because I can't play it on my Torch because that's far from the truth I have played it a lot. And to answer the op's question, go try them at the Verizon store, do some research, watch some vids, and try not to ask too many question at the Verizon outlet because some of the reps are uhhh how do I put this lightly hmm stupid (not all of them).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Phil DeLong likes this.
    03-13-11 03:34 PM
    Not everyone enjoys the candybar form factor. For some it's too small and more cumbersome than it's worth. If you like that style, then you need to know what you want out of your device. If you want a device that even a teen can use with little to no customization out of the box, then Blackberry is for you. If you are willing to expand your knowledge and willing to take the time to learn a different OS, then go with an Android. Android is not for thoes who don't have time our patience. The OS is not difficult to learn, but its structure is not streamlined like BBOS or iOS.

Personally, I wouldn't choose either device. If I were a Verizon customer, I'd go with either the Droid 2 Pro, the Thunderbolt, or the Bionic. But, that's just me.
    03-13-11 03:52 PM
    Who here is really tired of hearing about angry birds? And don't tell me I am jealous because I can't play it on my Torch because that's far from the truth I have played it a lot. And to answer the op's question, go try them at the Verizon store, do some research, watch some vids, and try not to ask too many question at the Verizon outlet because some of the reps are uhhh how do I put this lightly hmm stupid (not all of them).

as stated before i already tested them ou aswell as the r2d2. but i didnt like the pro because of the touch screen feature but im not a fan of the bold because of the track pad seems alittle touchy
    03-13-11 03:52 PM
    well i do some web browsing like espn and other sport websites
    03-13-11 04:56 PM
    how are the battery life on the r2d2, pro and the bold 9650 6.0 os
    03-13-11 08:20 PM
    I don't know much about the pro but I have a close friend that just brought it back because of terrible batt life and he was coming from a S2. I don't think I would get a bold right now though imo. I think waiting for the bold touch would be better. At least then you would have a faster processor! I know by this summer there will be dual core and all that stuff, but it will be a big upgrade from the current BOLD.....
    03-13-11 08:32 PM
    I don't know much about the pro but I have a close friend that just brought it back because of terrible batt life and he was coming from a S2. I don't think I would get a bold right now though imo. I think waiting for the bold touch would be better. At least then you would have a faster processor! I know by this summer there will be dual core and all that stuff, but it will be a big upgrade from the current BOLD.....
    Bold touch wont be out for a while and the bolds battery is real good! If your looking for real good messaging, great battery and great email go with the bold. I am also the type of person who likes apps but when it comes down to it i only use Twitter and Facebook and those work just fine on blackberry.
    03-13-11 08:40 PM
    Bold touch wont be out for a while and the bolds battery is real good! If your looking for real good messaging, great battery and great email go with the bold. I am also the type of person who likes apps but when it comes down to it i only use Twitter and Facebook and those work just fine on blackberry.
    Bold Touch is suppose to be out mid summer correct? That's not that far off? But you are right, I have the bold and it is a good messaging device but that's about it. I just don't think I could recommend getting into a contract right now with a current bold. It will be very outdated, even by RIM's current standards) by the end of the summer.

03-13-11 10:39 PM
    The main deciding factor should be whether you want to come to CB and post using the WAP version of the site or the full version.
    03-13-11 11:06 PM
    The main deciding factor should be whether you want to come to CB and post using the WAP version of the site or the full version.

On either device you would come on WAP

with the small screens of both devices the full site is too "bloated" for lack of a better word.

I suggest picking a few paragraphs you wish to type

and typing it on both devices, see which keyboard you like the most, the keyboard is critical in a candy bar phone,
    also think about what apps you might like, you are doing the research now, so ask us about apps for the things you want to do every day, then you'll find out if Both Android and Blackberry can address your needs or not.

I personally HATED the keyboard on the Driod Pro, it just was too difficult to use single handed compared to my Tour (9630) and Now Torch (9800)
    03-13-11 11:14 PM
    whats a wap site? lol
    03-13-11 11:20 PM
    If you want a device that even a teen can use with little to no customization out of the box, then Blackberry is for you.
    Was that really necessary? Anybody can use Android(even teens).
    grover5 likes this.
    03-13-11 11:27 PM
    whats a wap site? lol

WAP babalumba balam bam boom! Tutti Frutti on.....
    03-13-11 11:34 PM
    I've used both OS and tried out the devices:

(1) The Droid Pro, like the Torch, is a first try device. It's very good for a number of things but misses the mark in others. Battery life is short and you will need an extended battery. As good and flexible as the K9 email app is you'd download from the Android Market for Free (much better than built in), Blackberry email is far more efficient in every way. Third, while it's good, it's still a mid-resolution device, like the Torch. Nothing too special in this regard - but app wise it is superb.

(2) I would never get any non-touch screen device if you intend to use the web more than just on a rare occasion. If you only need ESPN there are apps and there is also ESPN's mobile web site.

(3) Having used the Bold for a short time, I think it's quite dated. If you're using it for email and rarely ever the web or for apps, it's still the one to beat. In truth, I think I'd be more productive with my Blackberry for work rather than using other phones. Having gone back to my Blackberry, I find that I don't miss much on my Android phone although I did love the flexibility to do a great deal and web browsing, which I really do need to do for work, was far, far better... and let's not even compare the camera if that means anything. For work and priority power email, Bold does the job well. I'd still probably choose a Torch for flexibility. I'm not holding my breath regarding what RIM will do with the Bold Touch - I've found myself underwhelmed by their lackluster features in comparison to the industry.
    03-14-11 01:52 AM
    On either device you would come on WAP

with the small screens of both devices the full site is too "bloated" for lack of a better word.

I suggest picking a few paragraphs you wish to type

and typing it on both devices, see which keyboard you like the most, the keyboard is critical in a candy bar phone,
    also think about what apps you might like, you are doing the research now, so ask us about apps for the things you want to do every day, then you'll find out if Both Android and Blackberry can address your needs or not.

I personally HATED the keyboard on the Driod Pro, it just was too difficult to use single handed compared to my Tour (9630) and Now Torch (9800)
    im not much for playing games on phones because its not my 360 or my desktop if i do play games on my phone its bejewled or poker games. i have an ozone at the moment so the only apps i have on it now is aol aim and facebook.

but with balckberry or andriod apps id like to get the espn, nfl, nhl and mlb apps
    03-14-11 05:08 PM
    well i send more txts, and ims a day and go on facebook then anything. i usually go on the internet/sports apps like 3-5 times a day. i play games like 2-3 times a week
    03-14-11 05:16 PM
    im not really sure if this belongs here but my contract with verizon is up tuesday and im debating between the droid pro and the blackberry bold 9650 6.0 os. i know this is a blackberry forum but if you say no to the droid pro id like expirence with before you bash it. as of right now i have an htc ozone windows phone. thank you
    I still have an ozone as my backup device. What an all around solid phone it is to. I also considered the droid pro until I looked at it and decided it was way to cheap feeling compared to the bold I already had. Yeah, I was thinking of jumping ship. Then a friend got one and complained it had such tinny/echo-ie call quality which was actually all over the forums as the number 1 complaint already. I decided to keep the bold and I'm glad I did. The quality is lots better and the kb is a lot better. The call quality and RF of the bold is fantastic. I've had it since last June. Good luck with your decision. Only you know what will work for your needs.
    03-14-11 11:08 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD