I really want this device. Is it still coming in September or is it later date now?
    07-27-09 12:51 PM
    I am with you on this one i really x12 want this device it will complete my blackberry collection for the time being and i just want a blackberry 3g device for T-Mo i dont care how much it costs i am looking forward to getting this
    07-27-09 02:40 PM
    i NEED a touchscreen/qwerty bb. any news?
    07-27-09 07:25 PM
    i NEED a touchscreen/qwerty bb. any news?
    It has a QWERTY. Judging from the leaked photos, it's not a TS phone. Why not go get an unlocked Storm? It has a TS.
    07-28-09 01:53 AM
    I'll tell ya, I'm getting nervous.Not one recent pic or update about the Driftwood for T-Mobile.Look at the Gemini,Tour,even the Onyx.Pics,videos,reviews,stories,etc.... for months.I'm sure the Driftwood's coming but we're only about 60 days away from T-Mobile's "supposed" launch date and there's been nothing,yet.Please don't tell me RIM is working overtime to get the Onyx to AT&T first.
    07-28-09 09:04 AM
    anywords on the next bb that isnt touch screen for BIG RED> i just got the tour and i am happy but it needs a brother.
    07-28-09 11:17 AM
    there's pics?
    07-28-09 12:32 PM
    we need this driftwood out ASAP!

or atleast make the onyx compatible with t-mobile's 3G network
    07-28-09 01:52 PM
    If it doesn't come out for tmo I'm leaving to verizon for the tour but Iam really looking forward to this Driftwood.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 05:05 PM
    From a business standpoint, there is no reason what so ever for T-Mobile to release another high end Blackberry so soon after the 8900 and directly after the 8520.....**** we still have 8320s and 8120s to clear out of our inventory.
    07-28-09 09:43 PM
    From a business standpoint, there is no reason what so ever for T-Mobile to release another high end Blackberry so soon after the 8900 and directly after the 8520.....**** we still have 8320s and 8120s to clear out of our inventory.
    You're forgetting one big, and I mean big thing that the Driftwood will have that the 8900 doesn't. 3G. I'm sure T-Mobile would love to use 3G as a selling point on their latest BlackBerry for the holiday season. I need 3G as I tether. The Bold should have been picked up by T-Mobile instead of the 8900 but that's a whole different story (that I've ranted many times about and I still rant about it).
    07-28-09 10:04 PM
    Unfortunately for Crackberry addicts such as ourselves, T-Mobile cares more about maximizing profit than getting a 3G Blackberry out the gate asap. They've already established that the MyTouch is going to be there flagship phone, at least for the remainder of 2009. Obviously if they release the 'Driftwood' any sooner than Q1 or Q2 of 2010, 8900 sales are going to take a dip way sooner than they would like. The majority of customers that I see come into my location a daily basis still have no idea what 3G is but more and more are beginning to consider picking up a Blackberry. That's why from a business perspective, launching the 8520 was genius. Low cost to T-Mobile, but is going to bring in much profit from existing customers who like the idea of having a Blackberry but don't wanna to break the bank. T-Mobile is beginning to pay more attention to it's more tech literate base, but by no means feels the need to cater to it, as it is a very small percentage of the overall customer base. That's why you see phones such as the Samsung Comeback and Samsung Highlight being released. Don't mean to be a damper, I want a 3G Blackberry to replace my 8900 just as much as the next person.
    07-28-09 10:22 PM
    Unfortunately for Crackberry addicts such as ourselves, T-Mobile cares more about maximizing profit than getting a 3G Blackberry out the gate asap. They've already established that the MyTouch is going to be there flagship phone, at least for the remainder of 2009. Obviously if they release the 'Driftwood' any sooner than Q1 or Q2 of 2010, 8900 sales are going to take a dip way sooner than they would like. The majority of customers that I see come into my location a daily basis still have no idea what 3G is but more and more are beginning to consider picking up a Blackberry. That's why from a business perspective, launching the 8520 was genius. Low cost to T-Mobile, but is going to bring in much profit from existing customers who like the idea of having a Blackberry but don't wanna to break the bank. T-Mobile is beginning to pay more attention to it's more tech literate base, but by no means feels the need to cater to it, as it is a very small percentage of the overall customer base. That's why you see phones such as the Samsung Comeback and Samsung Highlight being released. Don't mean to be a damper, I want a 3G Blackberry to replace my 8900 just as much as the next person.
    Wasn't the flagship phone suppose to be the G1?!?!?!
    07-29-09 06:57 AM
    yeah agree with above?
    07-30-09 03:52 PM
    I always thought T-Mobile considered the Sidekick their flagship phone.
    07-30-09 04:11 PM
    Dont get me wrong, I love my 8900, Its like an extension of my hand, but I am ready to throw it to the wayside for the Driftwood and its 3g goodness, T-mobile get the ball moving.
    07-30-09 05:14 PM
    so september?
    07-31-09 01:33 AM
    so not cool. if this is true, i can only imagine how long we have to wait for a 3g berry on tmo. if this is true and that is wat tmo is doing, i might have to switch carriers and pay more for data plans (crap) in order to get updated BB. waiting around like this just doesnt make sense if tmo is reluctant to roll out new high end BBs
    08-01-09 12:40 AM
    I sure hope so, because that would be super.
    08-01-09 12:43 AM
    Wasn't the flagship phone suppose to be the G1?!?!?!
    I imagine the flagship phone changes from time to time. When the bold was released it was the flagship blackberry, but that cant last forever. too many new phones coming out .
    08-01-09 01:28 AM
    Personally im just waiting for an OS 5.0 compatible phone for t-mobile that isnt a curve or the pearl flip! Onyx, Driftwood, whatever.
    08-01-09 01:36 AM
    I am sure the Blackberry Driftwood is going to come out in Sept for T-Mobile. If it is confirmed it is coming out in Sept, I am sure T-Mobile will start advertising the new Blackberry 3G pretty soon. It is getting close, so I am just waiting for it to come out and upgrade then!
    08-02-09 10:25 AM
    ^^ I hope your right, all this talk about the Onyx and other BB's but nothing really on the Driftwood and it's supposed to drop in one month
    08-04-09 12:19 PM
    I don't know how true this is, since it came from a T-mobile rep that said not to believe what I read on internet forums, but the new BB with a tentative Sept launch is having hang-ups with 3G and UMA. This person said that they couldn't get UMA & 3G to both be compatible with each other. He made it sound like it wouldn't launch until both worked.
    08-06-09 02:46 AM
    I don't know how true this is, since it came from a T-mobile rep that said not to believe what I read on internet forums, but the new BB with a tentative Sept launch is having hang-ups with 3G and UMA. This person said that they couldn't get UMA & 3G to both be compatible with each other. He made it sound like it wouldn't launch until both worked.
    If i am not mistaken that is why T-mo didn't take the bold right? They are still having the same issue?
    08-06-09 09:17 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD