its generally believed that he driftwood is the tmo version of the att onyx. but, cx said that we have our details about the driftwood mixed up according to this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/dr...d-onxy-280404/

what do you guys think? maybe the tmo onyx is not the driftwood?
    08-11-09 11:49 PM
    I too am highly starting to believe that. It just might be a different device. If it is, then hooray, more choices for us!
    08-12-09 07:55 AM
    If it is I sure would like to know before I get the onyx in october

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 01:11 PM
    The Driftwood is the half touch/half qwerty keyboard bb like the Magnum/Dakota.
    08-12-09 05:58 PM
    like a touchscreen with a slide out keyboard?
    08-12-09 09:21 PM
    what do we actually know about the driftwood? could it be a codename for the 9650?
    08-12-09 10:14 PM
    like a touchscreen with a slide out keyboard?
    That's another device. Driftwood should be the T-Mobile Magnum/Dakota.
    08-12-09 10:26 PM
    wait, i dont get whats the point of having a touchscreen and a physical qwerty right underneath it. like, would we just use the touch screen to click "ok" and to just scroll?
    08-12-09 11:19 PM
    ^^^^^^^touche
    08-13-09 10:13 PM
    I thought it was the tmo 9700, but if not, another device would be cool too, choices are good!
    08-13-09 10:38 PM
    wait, i dont get whats the point of having a touchscreen and a physical qwerty right underneath it. like, would we just use the touch screen to click "ok" and to just scroll?
    I guess you've never used the storm
    08-14-09 12:11 AM
    It's called killing two birds with one stone. You have people who love touchscreen phones but hate the fact that it only has a virtual keyboard. You're combining a huge market that is touchscreen, with a BlackBerry physical keyboard, which people praise has the best keyboards available? Win Win. A bigger win if CDMA get their hands on one.
    08-14-09 06:32 AM
    I guess you've never heard of Palm or Tungsten...they're actually the first to come out with Touchscreen and physical keyboard at the same time...their phones were just to BULKY!
    08-14-09 07:51 AM
    Actually its not the same. Palm is a slide out. The half-touch/half-physical would operate more like say a Tour except there its just a screen and just a physical keyboard. No menu buttons, call/end. It is going to be much different then the touch screens with a slide-out physical keyboard.

08-15-09 10:15 AM
    Everybody is getting there hopes up for the driftwood, but im having a hard time beliveing that the onyx is the driftwood, i have a feeling both tmobile and att will relese the onyx it will just be the same as when all the carriers released there own curve 83xx series im beliving it will be like that or the 8900 tmoible has UMA and ATT doesnt there wouldnt be different names for a different carrier..
    08-15-09 11:03 AM
    so what is the driftwood? any new details?
    09-01-09 11:26 AM
    so what is the driftwood? any new details?
    yeah come on!! we want leakage of this information!!
    09-01-09 08:52 PM
    yeah come on!! we want leakage of this information!!
    Yes of course, don't we all mr. sir lol...moving along, tmo news posted a rumor that they have been tipped off by a source stating that we should see a 3G BB within the first week or Nov. Now only god knows wth this 3G BB is: onyx, driftwood, magnum, etc.
    09-01-09 10:46 PM
    Seems one of the biggest complaints from touchscreen users is the lack on qwerty, atleast among my friends and things I have read. Coming from a Treo, I would love a BB version with a touchscreen, qwerty and trackball/trackpad (Atleast Bold sized!). Touchscreen would be nice for web browsing for one. Lots of things, just play with a qwerty and then use a touchscreen. I think the advantages are obvious.

09-02-09 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD