How good it would be if OS2 comes up with a dual boot for users to be able to install and use Andriod OS or their app store.
    02-16-12 05:00 AM
    You probably mean "how bad" ?
    It'll mean that PB can be -somehow- rooted.
    This I don't want to. (sorry for the fans, but I personnaly hope 2.0 final will kill jingleberry, for example)
    yunvi likes this.
    02-16-12 05:27 AM
    Interesting viewpoint. Why do you want Dingleberry & Rooting to be killed off?
    02-16-12 05:39 AM
    @Superfly_FR I meant "so good"
    02-16-12 06:49 AM
    Honestly, I sort of like the fact you can root the PB in order to access Android apps. You tell anyone outside of this forum that the PB "can" have Android apps as much as BB's own App Store and they'll immediately think "wow, awesome! A tablet that has both?!"

Catch my drift?
    02-16-12 05:08 PM
    Honestly, I sort of like the fact you can root the PB in order to access Android apps. You tell anyone outside of this forum that the PB "can" have Android apps as much as BB's own App Store and they'll immediately think "wow, awesome! A tablet that has both?!"

Catch my drift?
    what I mean is that rooting or whatever you call it must stay -say - experimental. Android apps are going to run under 2.0, no need to trick the system.
    RIM should keep its blackbox as safe as it is possible.
    If I turn your arguments on a profesionnal point of view, the last sentence will be "oh, so I cannot trust these devices anymore". This will be dramatic.
    02-16-12 05:23 PM
    Interesting viewpoint. Why do you want Dingleberry & Rooting to be killed off?
    because RIM has a reputation of enforced security. A new start with a fragile OS can't be good ... But 'killed' is a far too negative word. My bad, let's say 'patched'.
    02-16-12 05:29 PM
    "If you build it they will come...."

The hacks will find a way...
    02-16-12 05:55 PM
    You'll be able to run Android apps submitted to App World in a far superior OS to Android. If you want an Android tablet to root go get one, if you want Playbook OS and eventually BB10 get a Playbook.
    02-16-12 07:11 PM
    I feel many hav not read the post properly. I said dual boot not jus for the sake of apps but to hav a full fledge different os by side --- and for that matter any os. Yes, iOS too.
    02-17-12 12:16 AM
    I feel many hav not read the post properly. I said dual boot not jus for the sake of apps but to hav a full fledge different os by side --- and for that matter any os. Yes, iOS too.
    Dual boot means root access ... massive security flaw.
    02-17-12 01:58 AM
    Dual boot means root access ... massive security flaw.
    "SO what!?"
    Windows PC too have.
    02-17-12 02:27 AM
    "SO what!?"
    Windows PC too have.
    The building model of RIM's mobile devices is a vertical one, like apple.
    Apple got jailbreaked when RIM wasn't and it was an objective and important competitive advantage for companies and, whatever other argument can be stated, still is.
    PC architecture is not vertical, they are, by design, able to run multiple OSes, simultaneously or not.

The answer of RIM regarding Android is the good one : they bring compatibility by running an emulated environment (approximative terms here, Joe suit) but still controlled by OS and with a verification process for apps. Kinda virtual machine, if I dare write so. Take the good, away the bad.
    02-17-12 03:27 AM
    The building model of RIM's mobile devices is a vertical one, like apple.
    Apple got jailbreaked when RIM wasn't and it was an objective and important competitive advantage for companies and, whatever other argument can be stated, still is.
    PC architecture is not vertical, they are, by design, able to run multiple OSes, simultaneously or not.

The answer of RIM regarding Android is the good one : they bring compatibility by running an emulated environment (approximative terms here, Joe suit) but still controlled by OS and with a verification process for apps. Kinda virtual machine, if I dare write so. Take the good, away the bad.
    Blackberry "has" been jailbreaked.

U gotta practice ur hand at googling for sure.
    02-17-12 01:10 PM
    If you want an Android tablet that bad.....buy one.
    02-17-12 01:26 PM
    U gotta practice ur hand at googling for sure.
    Can you help me ?
    ... oh, if you mean "unlock" ... well ... I should have written rooted.
    02-17-12 01:27 PM
    Can you help me ?
    ... oh, if you mean "unlock" ... well ... I should have written rooted.
    Help at ur doors.
    Only if u can manage to click
    hexus.net/mobile/news/blackberry/32812-hackers-jailbreak-blackberry-playbook/
    02-17-12 11:28 PM
    If you want an Android tablet that bad.....buy one.
    NO. I want a bb playbook but an ecosystem like andriod's --- which exists nowhere for my lovely bb.
    02-18-12 03:32 AM
    Help at ur doors.
    Only if u can manage to click
    hexus.net/mobile/news/blackberry/32812-hackers-jailbreak-blackberry-playbook/
    This is already ... well ... fixed.
    Can you do better ?
    02-18-12 03:36 AM
    This is already ... well ... fixed.
    Can you do better ?
    Lolo lol hashahah
    Nope, can't do better than this.
    Sorry for annoying u but I really just wanted to see how u folks would react if opt to go pro-andriod.
    I love my BB very much and woudnt trade it for any thing.

Thanx superfly.
    02-18-12 03:52 AM
    NO. I want a bb playbook but an ecosystem like andriod's --- which exists nowhere for my lovely bb.
    And OS 2 with support for Android apps won't give you that?

Seems a bit odd to be prejudging something that isn't released yet...oh wait, this is Crackberry.
    02-18-12 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD