Whenever i switch screens, click an icon, get a call... this stupid little black timer comes up and i have to wait any where from 10secs to a minute for it to actually do something. Last night, i had 2 missed calls... Whenever i was getting the call, it didnt ring... just saw the red light blinking... and when i looked at it... again... it was the little black timer. When it was done, it showed one missed call. I'm not sure what to do or what's causing it ? I dont have that many apps installed. I recently even deleted a couple of them in case that was it but it still does it. Can anyone help?
    07-04-09 09:29 AM
    Have you checked how many applications are running? Maybe that's creating part of the lag. Also, what OS version do you have? Maybe you have a version with memory leakage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 09:46 AM
    Do a battery pull if you haven't already.. That will get rid of the timer for some time before you have to do a battery pull again

07-04-09 11:26 AM
    Check out the thread in 'Tips and Tricks' for "How to increase free file memory". Sounds like this would be the first step to correcting the dreaded timer screen - following the instructions worked for me. Go to 'Options' then click on 'Memory' and check your 'Application memory free space' number...what is it?
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 07-04-09 at 11:52 AM.
    07-04-09 11:46 AM
    Battery pul, then I always recommend downloading quickpull......
    07-04-09 11:52 AM
    Check out the thread in 'Tips and Tricks' for "How to increase free file memory". Sounds like this would be the first step to correcting the dreaded timer screen - following the instructions worked for me. Go to 'Options' then click on 'Memory' and check your 'Application memory free space' number...what is it?
    whats a good number to have?
    i have 18.3mb
    07-04-09 12:01 PM
    whats a good number to have?
    i have 18.3mb
    That's not bad, but it is at the very low end for sure...go through the "increase file free memory" thread and I bet it doubles.
    Mine went from a 15mb to a 38mb and no more timer at all.
    07-04-09 01:00 PM
    i have over 100 mb on a new phone and get this little black timer as well??
    09-03-09 09:16 PM
    Did you enable memory cleaning? If you did, sometimes it creates a little lag/timer.
    09-03-09 10:23 PM
    Ah, I did the mem op and still have 15

09-03-09 11:04 PM
    Ah, I did the mem op and still have 15

How many apps do you have installed? That's low for after a battery pull.

09-03-09 11:48 PM
    The little black timer is your phone cleaning cache and system files.
    09-03-09 11:57 PM
    your memory is getting very low and the phone is lagging because of it, take a look at this article should help with your problem

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    09-03-09 11:59 PM
    Dang its called a timer? On mac osx, its called the pinwheel of death. On a blackberry..

I dub it hourglass of doom!

09-04-09 12:44 AM
    I have a curvw 8320. Its low on mem by default already.

09-04-09 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD