I've seen suggestions for informational ads and marketing, but how about something
    which strikes the heart of the viewers?
    I would imagine a tv spot/advertisement something like this...
    I really hope RIM reads on these forums and will realize this idea.

[start]
    In a dark place, a place without hope or dreams. A place where the light is dim.
    Not a place for the family, this is for men only and their objects of desire.
    Men are seen lurking in the shadows... their eyes are hiding,
    but we can all sense that they all want the same things. Darkness prevails.
    Motivated by lust and greed, they move in circles around their
    victim... on a table, a device called "iphoid" can be seen, exposing herself...
    it's something of a relic, but they all want it... perhaps when this is all taking place,
    it's the new craze...
    The men starts whispering and moving closer to the device, starting to
    fondle and touch the screen all over... soon the quiet voices get louder as they
    verbally insult the screen, calling it a b*tch and sl*t (might be censored on tv)
    and worse, and excite eachother... Their touch intensifying with every fondle,
    getting increasingly violent and in the end turns to pure assault, from all directions...
    The viewers see the over-exposed device cross cut with the mens' dirty fingers all over her,
    and their smiles and crazy laughter as they make the screen more dirty and roughed up.
    Fade from current chaotic scene focusing on one of the men to to present day future,
    when this man is in his 50s (some 10-20 years later from before), arrive home from work on a bright blue day,
    being greeted on the lawn by his loving wife and kids.
    His family doesn't yet know his dirty secret, and they all greet him with a hug and big smiles,
    as he returns from his well-paid work. The family is seen without a soundtrack interacting with their
    RIM devices (unlike the industrial animalistic soundscape of the previous scene),
    on the porch they are all sitting together, smiling,...but as a cloud covers the sun, the man is
    reminded of something, something that bothers him. The man can no longer live a lie.
    Later at night, in bed, he lies awake. He calls on his wife, Cathy (a bit similar pronounciation as "qwerty"),
    and with a voice of regret, he admits of his dirty pre-marritial acts... he explains getting caught
    up in the whole "iphoid" craze, and how she was fondled in a dirty manner by everyone.
    "The way we acted, we were more savages than humans", he adds, with tears rolling down his cheeks.

The wife is shocked, but moved by his honesty and supports him, adding that "iphoid" sounds like an STD,
    and that he should be happy that he stopped this lifestyle as they married.
    The man adds "you're my one true love", and as his wife wipes his tears, she suprises him by admitting
    that even she went through an all-experimental-phase in College touching screens herself. "we all make mistakes"...
    They smile together, and she takes his strong masculine hand and places on her pyjama, and with a
    sexual tone she utters "touch my buttons" (small detail is that the pyjama has buttons with letters q, w, e, r, t, y...),
    he touch them as any normal human does, with his thumbs (exctreme close-up)...
    As the man's now clean and forgiven fingers plays with the buttons of his one beautiful true love.
    The man's ending monologue enters: "I know what I did was wrong but I'm more happy about what I did right,
    finding your true love was not easy, but sticking to it suddenly got a lot easier, once you go Black you never go back"...
    fade to black, followed by three fast screens - first the RIM logo and the message "if your one true love is willing to take you back, will you let her?"
    And then the BlackBerry appears with the slogan - "QWERTY or GTFO!",
    And finally the BB10 logo logo with "once you go Black you never go back" underneath, and maybe some shopping info.
    Ending with a soft female voice speaking "BlackBerrrrry"
    [the end]

I was thinking that maybe the man could touch his wife nipples like a trackball, but I think it's over the top, this is more balanced,
    and something that normal Americans can relate to.
    Last edited by klondikeee; 11-19-12 at 11:57 AM.
    ichat likes this.
    11-19-12 11:20 AM
    Sounds good, maybe put in a little less dramatics and remove the word "slutty" and we're all good to go! Well done on the post.

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    11-19-12 11:25 AM
    Sounds good, maybe put in a little less dramatics and remove the word "slutty" and we're all good to go! Well done on the post.

thanks! I changed it to "over-exposed", the point is that this device is really way too exposing for us humans, we need something tangible to hold on to (which is where the love/marriage metaphor comes in).
    11-19-12 11:29 AM
    Got it there. Now its perfect. However, we still need to know, what is apple's formula for hooking customers. I've seen that most of their commercials involve women and children and even I felt a little touched ( a little ok ) when the child was talking to siri. We need that effect.

11-19-12 11:31 AM
    Got it there. Now its perfect. However, we still need to know, what is apple's formula for hooking customers. I've seen that most of their commercials involve women and children and even I felt a little touched ( a little ok ) when the child was talking to siri. We need that effect.

Interesting ideas... that needs to be considered well.
    The idea with the suggestion in initial post was to present the touching of a device like "that", as grotesque... pointing has never in the history of time been considered anything else but an aggressive way to select. It's only been a few years down with touch screens, but people seem to forget their human origins easily. Thumbs, on the other hand, are what brings things us together (in fact our thumbs is what makes us human, many animals lacks decent thumbs). We hold hands, embracing the other person's hand with our thumbs.
    The thumb is central to our existence as a specie, and I'm happy RIM still embraces it (even if they will release BB10 as non-qwerty device also)...

There's a reason we don't hold our gamepads with index fingers. Index fingers are for pressing dirty surfaces, like elevator buttons in a brothel.
    I've seen many mobile commercials with grotesque touching in them, but most people don't realize cause they are focusing on the sazz and spazz of the shiny new technology.
    I think if RIM pulled this off, people would never again look at touch screens in the same way, and might see BB10 as a game changer. QWERTY-button-touches will seem like the natural choice and will naturally lead to giving RIM the upper hand against the competition.
    11-19-12 12:07 PM