"I posted last night"? Don't know what happened? Well I want to "Thank Ever One for Info", I received several weeks ago. On how to down load off phone to a safe place. Went to Black Berry site. It missed up twice, (down load). I was able to finally down load, from my 7100g to my computer. But will have to buy a program to read it? They show two, to buy. Any one know of one that is free? I feel I shouldn't have to pay to look at my own stuff !!!! I have been out of touch ever since then.

Thanks David C Sr
    12-16-08 11:09 AM
    If you're trying to open a backup file, the only app I'm aware of is ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor
    It has a free trial, but it's not free. Normally you don't do anything with a backup file. To view the content on your device, you normally use the app that put the content there. So you'd use Outlook to look at your calendar, contacts, emails, etc. Word or Excel to look at docs and spreadsheets, and a picture editor to look at pix.
    12-16-08 11:30 AM
    what about telephone numbers? The reason I'm asking this is my wife bought a razr v3xx. And wants info off, of mine

Thanks again
    12-17-08 09:27 AM
    You may be able to use Bluetooth to send your contacts one at a time to the v3xx. Motorola may also have a utility that can read a file and import it into the phone. In that case, you could export your Outlook info and import it into the v3xx. I'm not familiar with the tools Motorola offers, so I can't give you specific help with that.
    12-17-08 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD