I need to know if my phone will work faster depending on the amount of stuff i have on my storage card, or is the phone speed a direct result of how much " flash " memory comes with phone ?
    12-04-09 10:32 AM
    Neither the total size nor free space of your SD card has any effect on speed or responsiveness of your phone. Flash Memory is where all apps execute. Having a lot of unused Flash Memory won't make your phone run any faster either, as long as you have enough to run.
    12-04-09 10:53 AM
    thanks,JeffH I'm getting my first BB in Jan, and i'm favoring the 9000 over the 9700 but was concerned about " flash memory " between the two phones. thanks again for the insight. I love this websight.
    12-04-09 11:32 AM
    More flash memory is always better, just because you can run more apps, but it isn't the only consideration when buying a phone. Finding a carrier that has good coverage in the area where you want to use the phone is the most important consideration. Then pick from the phones that can be used on that carrier. Camera resolution, availability of wi-fi, touch-screen vs physical keyboard are all important considerations.
    12-04-09 12:10 PM
    The amount of stuff on your SD card does not affect the speed of your phone, though it may affect the speed of accessing stuff on your SD card (i.e. if you have 500 songs in one folder then it might take a second to list them all.

thanks,JeffH I'm getting my first BB in Jan, and i'm favoring the 9000 over the 9700 but was concerned about " flash memory " between the two phones. thanks again for the insight. I love this websight.
    The original Bold has 128mb space available for applications, the new one has 256mb.
    12-04-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD