anyone know anything about this Doubletwist site?
    doubletwist.com
    07-03-09 04:42 PM
    If I recall, Doubletwist was a Mac OS syncing software - I think... So I will answer as though my memory is correct.

If you are looking for software to sync your Mac, I can recommend Spanning Sync (w w w dot spanningsync dot com). This will sync your Address Book and Calendar on your Mac to Google sync (not free - but it is a great piece of software). Next you want to sync your Google Calendar and Address Book to your Blackberry ... easy and free. Sign up for Google E-mail and Google Calendar. Once you've set up your Google calendar and e-mail account (you won't need to USE the e-mail), just look on Google for Google Sync for Blackberry.

Every time you make a change on one of your devices (Mac or BB), it will automatically wirelessly sync both ways. And, should you need, you'll have your calendar and address book available online.
    07-03-09 05:08 PM
    Who We Are

doubleTwist Corporation was founded in Oslo, Norway by Monique Farantzos and Jon Lech Johansen (aka DVD Jon) and is headquartered in San Francisco. We are backed by several prominent venture capital firms and individual investors.

The doubleTwist team is distributed between San Francisco and Tokyo, and consists of people from eight countries, speaking more than seven different languages, from Japanese to Dutch. We collectively own more than 200 gadgets and obsessively test every single one of them with doubleTwist while sending stuff to each other and to our friends and families around the world.

Why we're here

We started doubleTwist because we were disappointed by the quality of software applications offered by the major device manufacturers.

Our vision is simple: to create a unifying media platform that connects consumers with all their media and all their devices, regardless of whether they are online or offline.

We feel that just like you don't use a different browser for every web site you visit (Firefox to read the NY Times, IE to stream Hulu, Chrome to browse YouTube, etc) you shouldn't have to use iTunes for Apple products, Nokia software for Nokia phones, Sony software for Sony products, etc. The typical household today has many such devices and there is a need for a simple and powerful software that connects them.
    We do now....
    07-03-09 05:09 PM
    thanks. actually i`m using Vista. i`m just looking for something either free or in expensive so i can convert dvd to my BB Storm (Verizon)
    07-03-09 05:53 PM
    doubleTwist is not a mac only software. It's Windows (vista and XP) AND mac compatible.

Here's a review from right here on Crackberry. http://forums.crackberry.com/f121/ap...yncing-201373/

it's definitely free and blackberry's of all types are supported for syncing and transferring music, video and photos.
    07-03-09 06:56 PM
    whats double twist?
    07-03-09 07:52 PM
    thanks. actually i`m using Vista. i`m just looking for something either free or in expensive so i can convert dvd to my BB Storm (Verizon)
    Get HandBrake.
    07-03-09 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD