I work at a place that sells computers, it's funny how some people sell macs and advertise it as being more secured. They'll be like "Do you like getting viruses, no? Then get a mac". But then they make fun of you for using a BlackBerry, the most secured platform by a long shot.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 08:06 PM
    I tell them I don't like having to get a new credit card since iTunes has been hacked how many times

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 08:36 PM
    I think it's because malware on computers really IS a big problem. You see many Windows users having this kind of problem and looking for a solution. The solution will usually be, get a Mac. But not very many people have problems with malware on their phone.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-24-15 09:26 PM
    I thought that is an old saying now, about no viruses on MACs...

since their popularity has risen the viruses and malware has ran rampant since they never had to close loopholes in their security because nobody used to target their systems until recently

I think being conscious of what you click is more important than your OS

That being said, my friends bank of america app on his iPhone today keep erroring out and safari kept crashing when he tried to open the webpage lol

I also got a comment from a lady in a restaurant today that my Passport looked more fun than the iPhone...

And my fianc�e woke up to her Galaxy S5 frozen, and multiple reboots did not fix the issue.. only removing the SIM and SD managed to unfreeze it after a reboot..

All I can say is, my Passport would be perfect for all of these situations.. but I digress.. BlackBerry ftw!
    Andy_bb_king and alphacr0m like this.
    01-24-15 11:07 PM
    Interesting perspective, OP...

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 12:22 AM
    I think it's because malware on computers really IS a big problem. You see many Windows users having this kind of problem and looking for a solution. The solution will usually be, get a Mac. But not very many people have problems with malware on their phone.
    Apple computers are no more secure than a Windows computer.

Look what my school sent me as a mass email!

Double standards-img_20150125_073122.png

Macs do get viruses and malwares, and including "critical security issues".

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:34 AM
    Apple computers are no more secure than a Windows computer.

Look what my school sent me as a mass email!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150125_073122.png 
Views:	2665 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	329633

Macs do get viruses and malwares, and including "critical security issues".

Posted via CB10
    Be careful, the ghost of Steve Jobs will come after you for this hearsay

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 11:41 AM
    I tell them I don't like having to get a new credit card since iTunes has been hacked how many times
    The iTunes store has been hacked once, in 2010. It was a small-scale breach, affecting around 400 accounts (out of, at the time, 150 million). No credit card numbers were compromised, only iTunes accounts, and the developers who perpetrated the hack were only able to purchase things from the iTunes store using those accounts.

I'd be willing to drop real money that you, personally, have never had to get a new credit card because of a breach of the iTunes store.
    01-25-15 01:00 PM
    Their development site got hacked, find my iPhone service got hacked, rough websites were able to install fake apps and a worm was written to attack ios. Definitely better than windows or droid but not the perfect score everyone says. Not to mention the fingerprint scanner is not secure either plus, not the fault of apple, a court decided that he fingerprint is not protected by the us constitution, so it could be forcibly taken by law enforcement. That last one is nuts but definitely not apple's fault. I wish they would just have the number grid randomized each login. That would remove the possibility of guessing the pin from skin oils left on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 04:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hearsay...?

Heresy you meant....? ;-)
    (autocorrect?)

�   Happy Australia Day 2015 - come and visit, mate...!   �
    01-25-15 04:30 PM
    Their development site got hacked, find my iPhone service got hacked, rough websites were able to install fake apps and a worm was written to attack ios. Definitely better than windows or droid but not the perfect score everyone says. Not to mention the fingerprint scanner is not secure either plus, not the fault of apple, a court decided that he fingerprint is not protected by the us constitution, so it could be forcibly taken by law enforcement. That last one is nuts but definitely not apple's fault. I wish they would just have the number grid randomized each login. That would remove the possibility of guessing the pin from skin oils left on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    That's where Picture Password comes in.

Ouch, that randomization would probably confuse a lot of iPhone users, because afaik they don't memorize the numbers, but the pattern (also). Most use sequential rows or columns anyway... :-)

9871 etc.

Just what I found... :-)

01-25-15 04:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'd rather buy an iTunes voucher and keep my cc details with me... :-)

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-25-15 04:42 PM
    I've used windows since the 80's. Never had a virus effect my pc while keeping my av up to date and using manual scanners. Then again I don't go to hack crack sites or go looking for paid stuff for free.
    Carl Estes and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-25-15 04:48 PM
    Get a Chromebook

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-25-15 04:53 PM
    Get a Chromebook

YUK
    filanto and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-25-15 05:04 PM
    YUK
    Most secure laptop you can buy... Just sayin'

neoberry99 likes this.
    01-25-15 05:40 PM
    Most secure laptop you can buy... Just sayin'

But nothing I would want. Guess they are OK. And what makes them so secure?
    01-25-15 05:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    You shouldn't have a credit card at all then. Because every time you swipe it or use it online you put yourself at risk of the retailer's security in hopes it doesn't get hacked. Do you think that if you use your credit card on a Blackberry to buy something its secure? It isn't.
    Laura Knotek and kbz1960 like this.
    01-25-15 06:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't that be considered SPAM?

Posted via CB10 on my white Q10
    Last edited by bozzg86; 01-26-15 at 02:23 AM.
    01-25-15 06:17 PM
    Very true

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 12:01 AM
    But nothing I would want. Guess they are OK. And what makes them so secure?
    This video does a great job of explaining how Chromebooks operate a secure environment:

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 3Dee; 01-26-15 at 04:11 AM.
    01-26-15 03:29 AM
    Get a Chromebook

How about: install Linux? :-)

Chromebooks might be secure, but don't offer much in the ways of privacy, and that includes Google...

�   HaPPy Australia Day 2015 - come and visit, mate...!   �
    Ursus Rufus and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-26-15 04:21 AM
    I've used windows since the 80's. Never had a virus effect my pc while keeping my av up to date and using manual scanners. Then again I don't go to hack crack sites or go looking for paid stuff for free.
    I've, never, ever, had to install nor do I need to run and Anti-Virus software on my macs. There is a difference, Windows users HAVE to... Mac users don't. Security vulnerabilities are a totally different thing, which Anti-Virus programs will protect you from...
    01-26-15 11:30 AM
    But then they make fun of you for using a BlackBerry, the most secured platform by a long shot.

Posted via CB10
    OK, I have to ask. How is BlackBerry the "most secured platform by a long shot"? Because that's what their marketing tells you? Chen has shoved the security word up everyones asses, he's done his job. A device is only as secure as you make it. Remember the Playbook was rooted pretty quickly. (Before you start going crazy and saying it's not the same thing as BB10, it is. Just because they changed the name from BlackBerry Tablet OS to BB10, doesn't make it different. They both use the QNX kernel.)

There is a reason why Windows desktops are hacked and have a "Patch Tuesday" People go after number one. Windows desktop is by far the largest OS in the world, and it gets a **** kicking every month. BlackBerry is what? 3 or 4 maybe 5th in the market? There is no business in hacking it. But it will be hacked one day. It's just a matter of time. OS's written by humans will be cracked by humans.
    01-26-15 11:38 AM
    How many Blackberry users tout the security of the platform but don't even lock their smartphones at all times? Is that a personal double standard?
    01-26-15 11:43 AM
39 12