Another possibility for Blackberry OS in the devices market: double OS phones mostly with Android (since Google does not see blackberry as a threat and they have relatively a good relationship) it will be very much close to the work/private sections of the blackberry 10 where one can switch when he wants but this time it will be the switch between two platforms. This implies ofcourse that blackberry works more and more it's work related apps and mechanisms (why not more and more work on docs and print to go) while leaving games and apps for the android section. This can also mean that Google does the same with its nexus devices (security work and serious devices) and why not blackberry talks individually with companies like Sony or samsung for individual integration.

This way blackberry can be a really of an interest to most of people not ready for compromises (why not double sim-card as well)

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 08:53 AM
    10-30-13 08:55 AM
    IMO, the tiny number of people who would be interested enough in it to actually BUY it is tiny. Many people would be intrigued, but not enough to open their wallets. Such a product would be a failure on the market. People want ONE device, but not one with multiple personalities.
    10-30-13 12:04 PM
    NO

Dual booting is cool, but not very useful for the average user. They want simple.

And I don't think Google and BlackBerry really have such a good relationship....

But dual sims.... especially if it could be tied to to BlackBerry Balance - with or without BES. Could see that being a great way to keep personal and business truly separate.
    10-31-13 11:14 AM
    NO

Dual booting is cool, but not very useful for the average user. They want simple.

And I don't think Google and BlackBerry really have such a good relationship....

But dual sims.... especially if it could be tied to to BlackBerry Balance - with or without BES. Could see that being a great way to keep personal and business truly separate.
    I think there are enough professionals and business users out there that would sign up for this in a heart beat. I always thought Balance should have been available to every user.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 11:29 AM
    You could accomplish this today by buying a Z10 and a Nexus 4, put some adhesive on the backplates and stick the two phones together back to back.
    cgk likes this.
    10-31-13 12:16 PM
    I would like a Sony device with BlackBerry10

Sent from The Legendary Zed10
    11-01-13 04:58 PM
    Relatively good relationship until blackberry filed suit against them yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 05:06 PM
    microsoft already suggest it...

but i think it will be pain on the *** for vendorto make dual boot os phone, but for new vendors who trying to up their market it can be a possibility
    11-01-13 10:00 PM
    I personally would like BlackBerry to license out some os on established models.

Eg nexus 5 by LG G2.
    Nexus 7 by Asus.

Do a few. See market response. And only produce the qwerty phone by themselves. Or until their technology catches up.

Then maybe they learn a thing or two. If the problem is hardware or OS

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 11:58 PM
    I would like a Sony device with BlackBerry10

Sent from The Legendary Zed10
    Or any premium brand really.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 11:59 PM