Well, I tried and decided to come back because I missed my Z30 to much! (No need to rub it in)...

Here's the problem. The default setting on iPhones is iMessage so if an iPhone tries to send me a text I don't receive it.

How can I make sure I'm receiving texts from iPhone users?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 08:35 PM
    You'll need to go into your iPhone and turn off iMessage so that they come through on normal SMS on your Z30.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    21stNow, SifiGamer and anon6040766 like this.
    01-07-14 08:39 PM
    You'll need to go into your iPhone and turn off iMessage so that they come through on normal SMS on your Z30.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    So it doesn't matter what the iPhone users have as their setting? Only matters what my setting is? Sort of like my BlackBerry is sending the wrong signal versus receiving the wrong signal?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 08:44 PM
    So it doesn't matter what the iPhone users have as their setting? Only matters what my setting is? Sort of like my BlackBerry is sending the wrong signal versus receiving the wrong signal?

Posted via CB10
    There are two sides to this process. BlackBerry Guy gave you one important side. The other side to this is that the iPhone owners have to have their iMessage setting set to send as SMS if iMessage is unavailable. From what I hear, this setting is defaulted to "Off" in iOS7. Many iPhone users haven't bothered to change this setting since the update/they got their new iPhone.
    01-07-14 08:49 PM
    There are two sides to this process. BlackBerry Guy gave you one important side. The other side to this is that the iPhone owners have to have their iMessage setting set to send as SMS if iMessage is unavailable. From what I hear, this setting is defaulted to "Off" in iOS7. Many iPhone users haven't bothered to change this setting since the update/they got their new iPhone.
    Yeah, that second part was my fear. An example of Apple monopolizing the SMS process. I've missed a ton of messages, so much so I almost have to go back to the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 09:01 PM
    Ensure that you remove your number from the list of addresses under Settings>Messages>Send and receive

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 09:56 PM
    Ensure that you remove your number from the list of addresses under Settings>Messages>Send and receive

Posted via CB10
    If I've switched to my Z30 and erased all content and settings on the iPhone (full factory reset) shouldn't that cover removing my number?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 10:27 PM
    I also had this problem and still do with some friends. Another thing to do is go to apples support site and deactivate/disassociate your number with imessage.

Couple had to change the setting in there contact list from iPhone to Mobile as well.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    01-07-14 10:36 PM
    Op, it's imessage... c'mon now.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 10:55 PM
    If I've switched to my Z30 and erased all content and settings on the iPhone (full factory reset) shouldn't that cover removing my number?

Posted via CB10
    True. Sorry, I misunderstood. Thought you meant you still had imessage enabled in your iphone.

If a friend tries to send you a message from an iPhone, it should show your device as a text device and not an imessage device. If they try to send you an imessage, it should not go through and give them an error. If that's not the case, make sure there are no other ios devices using your apple ID.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 11:29 PM
    So my iMessage issue is resolved and my BlackBerry Z30 is back to receiving messages now. Turns out while I did turn off iMessage on the iPhone it was still linked to my another device. I had to go to Apples website for profile support and deactivate through the site. Now all things are well. THANKS for everybody's input.

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    01-10-14 12:17 AM