It's incredible the number of reviews that are coming from people who have never owned a Priv. I've been through the Samsung, Apple, and Blackberry wheelhouse time and again, and can honestly say this is the best phone I've ever owned.

Is it top-of-the-spec-sheet? Nope. Does it run smoother than many of the phones out there (cough Galaxy line cough) that are more popular and have beefier specs? Yep.

Is it over-priced? Maybe for you. Many of us will pay a premium for a PKB, launcher/hub, and security. I also like the build a lot more than some. But they've owned the phones and have a right to review them.

If you don't or haven't owned a Priv, your opinion is uninformed and irrelevant. Stick to the Classic/Passport threads and asking if every new phone in the world will support BB10 / praying that it will. I'll be enjoying my Priv.
    03-15-16 10:00 AM
    Good for you.
    TomatoPaste and Maxxxpower like this.
    03-15-16 10:04 AM
    I own one and it's far from the best Android phone I've ever owned. Aside from the keyboard and I guess the watered down hub I have no clue why anyone would purchase it over another high end Android phone.
    outlooker and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    03-15-16 11:02 AM
    I own one and it's far from the best Android phone I've ever owned. Aside from the keyboard and I guess the watered down hub I have no clue why anyone would purchase it over another high end Android phone.
    If you paid full price I agree. If you didn't, what's wrong with it?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 11:04 AM
    It's incredible the number of reviews that are coming from people who have never owned a Priv. I've been through the Samsung, Apple, and Blackberry wheelhouse time and again, and can honestly say this is the best phone I've ever owned.

Is it top-of-the-spec-sheet? Nope. Does it run smoother than many of the phones out there (cough Galaxy line cough) that are more popular and have beefier specs? Yep.

Is it over-priced? Maybe for you. Many of us will pay a premium for a PKB, launcher/hub, and security. I also like the build a lot more than some. But they've owned the phones and have a right to review them.

If you don't or haven't owned a Priv, your opinion is uninformed and irrelevant. Stick to the Classic/Passport threads and asking if every new phone in the world will support BB10 / praying that it will. I'll be enjoying my Priv.
    Nonsense. One doesn't have to own something to have an opinion on it. A review I agree would be largely pointless.

May I point out the bolded part? Unless you have tried all that class of phones, what is that comment but exactly that which you are forbidding others to do to the Priv?
    03-15-16 11:14 AM
    No, I don't own a Priv. So what?

If I wish to make a comment, which as of now I don't, I will. That's my prerogative.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    03-15-16 11:38 AM
    Nonsense. One doesn't have to own something to have an opinion on it. A review I agree would be largely pointless.

May I point out the bolded part? Unless you have tried all that class of phones, what is that comment but exactly that which you are forbidding others to do to the Priv?
    Fair enough. I would think four of them would be enough of a sample size to comment on their quality, as opposed to the Priv decriers who have maybe seen one in-store and never owned or used one.
    03-15-16 11:49 AM

If I wish to make a comment, which as of now I don't, I will. That's my prerogative.

The "so what?" was addressed extensively. Re-read.
    03-15-16 11:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone is paying full price at this point. I got one new-in-sealed-box for $500 flat.

I probably would've paid full price if my carrier had it at launch.
    03-15-16 11:51 AM
    Don't need to own a pink hat to know that it is bad taste... LOL

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-15-16 11:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I paid full price, but that isn't the issue for me. The camera is decent but not as good as other Android phones it's completing against. It gets abnormally hot, the battery life is weak with the massive battery it has in it, and the hub is half baked compared to the BB10 hub. And security? Come on, there is no more security with this phone than there is any other Android phone. I also think the pkb is awful. The keys are too small and cramped together and I avoid typing on it for the vkb.

I by no means think it's a bad phone, but I think the Nexus 6P and Galaxy S7 Edge are far superior. Again I don't dislike the Priv, and I use it, but I use a lot of phones and as far as Android phones go there are better options in my opinion, unless you are desperate for a pkb.
    03-15-16 12:15 PM
    I paid full price, but that isn't the issue for me. The camera is decent but not as good as other Android phones it's completing against. It gets abnormally hot, the battery life is weak with the massive battery it has in it, and the hub is half baked compared to the BB10 hub. And security? Come on, there is no more security with this phone than there is any other Android phone. I also think the pkb is awful. The keys are too small and cramped together and I avoid typing on it for the vkb.

I by no means think it's a bad phone, but I think the Nexus 6P and Galaxy S7 Edge are far superior. Again I don't dislike the Priv, and I use it, but I use a lot of phones and as far as Android phones go there are better options in my opinion, unless you are desperate for a pkb.
    Do you own an S7 and a Nexus 6P? Have you manually searched for and updated all Blackberry apps in the Play Store? I'm a power user and am having none of your issues.
    03-15-16 12:21 PM

The camera is definitely the best unit BlackBerry has put into their phones but I agree isn't as powerful as say the Galaxy S6/7 or Note 5. The heating issues I've experienced when updating the device or when live streaming video, but otherwise my unit stays cool. I agree the hub should be better integrated and have more functionality like text messages out of the box. This could change with future updates though so I guess we'll see what comes of it. Security I think at this point can be referred back to the inability to root the Priv. Don't think any other phone (blackphone?) has this capability at this juncture. Keyboard I can't complain. My previous PKB device was a 9700, and the overall size is about the same as the Priv.

There are definitely more than a few good options in the android space. I guess it just comes down to personal preference.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:26 PM
    I own a Priv and definitely I still keep my Classic as the daily driver, my Priv on the secondary line. While I will not touch an Apple product, I typically use an Android or WP on line 2... I have owned a variety of Androids ranging from the nefarious bloatware of the Samsungs to the dipped in Google Nexus devices and most recently the Priv. While it brings me joy to rock a BlackBerry branded Android and stand in solidarity with the manufacturer I most love, I won't sugar coat my thoughts on the device. The Priv, while being a decent Android, is FAR from being top choice among its' Android peers... The PKB is a let down. The exorbitant pricing does not add up when you detail the specs and overall quality of the device. (Don't get me wrong, the Priv is a decent build when put up against some of the other hunks of glass and plastic out there, its' just not at all feeling like a $700 phone should...) The 2MP front facing camera while boasting selfie mode and proudly reppin' an 18MP rear camera is also kind of a let down in the scope of things... Then there's the noble attempt at recreating the HUB and that thing they call a calendar... Just not at all as magnificent as a device that tosses around 'Privilege' should be... It's a good device, but definitely there have been and ARE betters out there...

Posted via CB10
    zephyr613 likes this.
    03-15-16 02:36 PM
    I have the Priv and love it. We have the LGG3 and S5 too in our homes. Everyone has their own preference. My device has not had the heat issues and I do actually use the PKB a lot for long typing. I paid $650 for mine with no regrets. On the other hand I still love my Classic and Leap and am keeping those as backups. Overall, I am quite pleased with phones produced by BlackBerry.

Posted via my Priv
    03-15-16 02:38 PM
    I don't think anyone is paying full price at this point. I got one new-in-sealed-box for $500 flat.

I probably would've paid full price if my carrier had it at launch.
    I purchased mine in full from my carrier (T-Mobile) a month ago... I paid $719 for it... I have spent the same amount of money (or more) on other devices (as well as paid far less and received more), so price it not the issue. Living up to the quality the device's price projects, however, IS the issue.

The Priv definitely feels more like a $500 device and I would have been much happier dropping that for the device. At $500, the pricing for the Priv is more on par with what you're getting, but at the shopBB $650 and more, the price tag certainly cannot be rationally justified. At the $719 I paid for my Priv, I simply expected WAY more vs what I actually got...

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 03:05 PM
    I purchased mine in full from my carrier (T-Mobile) a month ago... I paid $719 for it... I have spent the same amount of money (or more) on other devices (as well as paid far less and received more), so price it not the issue. Living up to the quality the device's price projects, however, IS the issue.

The Priv definitely feels more like a $500 device and I would have been much happier dropping that for the device. At $500, the pricing for the Priv is more on par with what you're getting, but at the shopBB $650 and more, the price tag certainly cannot be rationally justified. At the $719 I paid for my Priv, I simply expected WAY more vs what I actually got...

Posted via CB10
    Assuming optimistically that BB does continue in the phone game, hopefully they will be a little more realistic on the pricing front. That being said, there is no other Android phone with this keyboard, and I feel it runs very smoothly. I'm happy. I'll likely pay $600+ for the Android Classic / Vienna / Whatever it'll be called.
    03-15-16 03:48 PM

Infinity claps for this gentleman/ gentlewoman.

Like Britney Spears said..... it's my prerogative.

If you think I said it, I didn't say it.
    03-15-16 04:12 PM
    Infinity claps for this gentleman/ gentlewoman.

Like Britney Spears said..... it's my prerogative.

Thank you for your valuable contribution. At least as valuable and appreciated as his was. Don't you two have a thread to ask about the death of BB10 on?
    03-15-16 04:15 PM
    Thank you for your valuable contribution. At least as valuable and appreciated as his was. Don't you two have a thread to ask about the death of BB10 on?
    No. I have no questions to ask.

I'm a highly intelligent individual and I could never ask anyone else anything to do with the death of BB10 when I have my sources and Chen's WhatsApp. Cmon, it's 2016, get with it my dear.

03-15-16 04:39 PM
    Do you own an S7 and a Nexus 6P? Have you manually searched for and updated all Blackberry apps in the Play Store? I'm a power user and am having none of your issues.
    I own a 6P and have played with an S7 and read enough on it to know its a better device than the Priv. The 6P is about as good an Android Device as there is, and every review seems to think the S7 bests it in almost every area (except for not running stock Android).

Yes I also always update the Blackberry apps and have since launch day when there were updates for it in the Play Store and I still have the same issues. I just don't think its the best Android phone by a mile. Its great for those that feel they have to have a physical keyboard (although I think BB really compromised with this one) but for anybody else I don't know why they would choose it over the newer Android phones. Again, just my opinion.
    03-15-16 04:53 PM
    I own a 6P and have played with an S7 and read enough on it to know its a better device than the Priv. The 6P is about as good an Android Device as there is, and every review seems to think the S7 bests it in almost every area (except for not running stock Android).

Yes I also always update the Blackberry apps and have since launch day when there were updates for it in the Play Store and I still have the same issues. I just don't think its the best Android phone by a mile. Its great for those that feel they have to have a physical keyboard (although I think BB really compromised with this one) but for anybody else I don't know why they would choose it over the newer Android phones. Again, just my opinion.
    You don't know a Galaxy until you've had it for a month and it starts lagging.

Best is certainly subjective. Is the Priv the best? For me, absolutely. For someone who has to have the best camera? Samsung, but the Priv's is more than solid. For someone who has to have the best sound? HTC. For someone who has to have the best screen? At this point its a subjective toss-up between several companies, and the Priv is up there with the big boys. Best apps? Apple. Best price? Whatever China is pumping out these days. The best keyboard? The best and the only: Priv. So, for me and a lot of others: it's the best.
    03-15-16 05:33 PM
    I'll likely pay $600+ for the Android Classic / Vienna / Whatever it'll be called.
    I'd pay $600+ for a Boldly Classic device also simply because that is what I would like in a device as far as form factors go... As stated before, price isn't the factor, this being said the Priv does not feel like a $700 phone. Will the Vienna ever see the light of day (and will it feel like a high end device is supposed to feel)? Thousand dollar questions right there...

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 05:39 PM
    You don't know a Galaxy until you've had it for a month and it starts lagging.

Best is certainly subjective. Is the Priv the best? For me, absolutely. For someone who has to have the best camera? Samsung, but the Priv's is more than solid. For someone who has to have the best sound? HTC. For someone who has to have the best screen? At this point its a subjective toss-up between several companies, and the Priv is up there with the big boys. Best apps? Apple. Best price? Whatever China is pumping out these days. The best keyboard? The best and the only: Priv. So, for me and a lot of others: it's the best.
    Best at what though? It isn't the best at anything. It's the only one with a keyboard and that's it. If that makes it the best for you that's fine, I just judge it by more than that alone.
    03-15-16 06:12 PM
    I don't own a Priv. I want a full-touch, non-slider phone.
    That's my opinion. Sue me.
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    03-15-16 08:00 PM
81 123 ...