I have had my Q10 since it first came out and would like to seriously get a new device. Especially since it mysteriously shut off and when it came back on everything was completely restored to factory settings. I just heard two more devices were debuting around the fall time but I do not know if I should be patient and wait for those or grab a passport while the may madness sale is going on at BlackBerry store online and it's $410? Confused
    05-13-16 10:13 PM
    Live in the now. If you're always waiting for the next best thing then you're always waiting.
    05-13-16 10:23 PM
    The new devices will be Android. If that's okay with you then wait. If you want to keep going with BB10 then the SE is a great price right now.

The odds of any new BB10 phones are lower than winning the powerball, so don't wait on that accord.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    05-13-16 10:28 PM
    Read this and its comments. http://crackberry.com/give-me-your-t...better-android

I believe you will conclude that a Passport will be a true upgrade. I have yet to be convinced that the Priv is truly an upgrade from BlackBerry 10 unless you are absolutely in need of more Android apps than you will possibly ever use.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 10.3.2.2876 on T-Mobile
    05-13-16 11:52 PM
    Unless you want an android, make use of the may madness and buy a Passport (it's $375 as far as I remember) .
    But remember priv or any upcoming android phones from BlackBerry will enjoy better app support and support otherwise from BlackBerry. If you are thinking about the Passport for $410 why not pick up a Priv from e!Bay for $360-380?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    05-14-16 12:01 AM
    Depends on whether you want an android device, I you don't, then don't bother with the wait.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 01:41 AM
    As a former Playbook user, here are my thoughts for you and all other BB10 users...

...as great as the Passport and other BB10 phones have been the benign neglect native apps will suffer (and the halt in development of the runtime) will render your devices unusable as anything more than voice/MMS/SMS/email tools long before they fail.

That is why the "I will just stock up on BB10 phones and use them" strategy won't work.

It is unfortunate as BB10 was the best mobile OS out there.

If your Q10 is working I would keep using it and use the next six months to a year to decide whether you will migrate to iOS or Android and which manufacturer's device you will pick. It will also give Chen enough time to acknowledge the reality of what he has created and exit the hardware market.

I would include windows phone on that list but the CEO of Microsoft has basically given up on phones with only the old 1520 and the new 950/950XL getting Windows 10 moving forward.
    05-15-16 01:19 PM
    What I usually do is buy gently used, refurbished, or discounted phones; try them out for a week or so being careful with them; and then either re-sell them for nearly the exact same price I paid, or keep it and sell the old phone on amazon. Either way you end up not spending much money at all, and get to make a better decision.

 C L A S S I C
    neoberry99, TgeekB and Old_Mil like this.
    05-15-16 02:03 PM
    Looks to me you prefer BB10 over Android. If that's the case, I think you'll find the Passport to be a great upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 06:13 PM
    I say if you like the device and you think it's value added, then go for it, that's always been my philosophy.
    05-15-16 06:24 PM
    Passport is an amazing upgrade from the Q10... :-)

If you're planning to stay or can't stomach Android, that's the way to go!

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    05-15-16 09:42 PM