Of course they will and currently are. Apple is eventually going to drop Mac OS and iOS will be the new standard OS across the board for all iDevices. Google will do the same thing with Chrome OS and Android. The question then becomes, out of the three, who wins the enterprise? Microsoft is the best positioned as they currently own the enterprise end user OS space. Migrating to a new version of Windows is a lot easier then ripping it out and replacing it with iOS or Android which in most orgs only run BYOD via Good, or some other EMM solution.

Employees already are carrying around two devices, even if their phone is BYOD. They would have a BYOD phone and a company issued laptop. In this new surface phone world you'd just replace the laptop with a surface phone. What would be really smart is if Microsoft put dual LTE capable SIM's on the surface phone allowing users to have two numbers and possibly two workspaces. Now you truly have one device for everything with a split between work and personal.
    Like the HP Elite X3? If that could run Win 32 apps, I think we have a winner.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 04:13 PM
    I know how it works, and for me it is perfect, but the market doesn't seem to care about, that is what Google wants with Andromeda/Fuchsia OS (the New OS) but made in a totally inverse way (going from mobile devices (ARM if you wanna go technical) to desktops-like devices)

Posted via CB10
    I frankly don't care which companies win in the marketplace, so long as the result is a converged range of always-on, always connected devices that will run powerful software in an enterprise setting and allow me to stop carrying a gimped Android/BB10/iOS phone just to use email, calendar, tasks, messaging, Web browsing, take photos and handle phone calls with a Bluetooth headset.

My personal preference would be a Surface Book type 2-in-1 during work hours that can handle live calls via Bluetooth when it's in my bag, and a 7-inch tablet on my time off when I don't need the laptop. Both running the same OS and software, of course!

But that's just me. I realize that everyone has different preferred form factors. That's why the next generation of converged devices is so critical.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 04:28 PM
    The proposition of running full-blown Win32 apps on a tiny 5" device is probably the height of ridiculousness but then maybe I'm a luddite?
    Make it a 7" device "you can talk on", and I'll play... :-D

�   10.3.3 - that's the go for me... ;-D   �
    12-15-16 01:44 AM
    LOL. No, I am looking for an alternative to BB10 in 2018 that doesn't involve iOS or Android. I think lots of other BBOS and BB10 fans are too.

But it raises the issue of what we are supposed to talk about here these days, other than tech Q & A about side loading old versions of apps that still work. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    What we're suppose to talk about?? You mean you didn't get the memo???
    The only real issue we have here is that with free admission a few too many people seem to think that they're free to argue and be rude and don't quite have a handle on the English Language or for that matter know much about computers. (Towers to handheld) and this newest generation live in the delusion that Mobile Devices "should just work" and are in total denial when you tell them anything different. But, The perfect Mobile device doesn't exist yet and the the day it does,
    all mobile devices will be recalled and replaced with digital implants.
    Just Google "micro-chip implants."if you think I'm kidding. If the FDA, FCC ,IP and UP pass it in time, Around June 2017 all newborn babies will have a chip implant and soon after that the machines will start to rebel and well you get the idea.

The majority of People that left BB10 behind was because It's Dead! I have a Passport (from a company that's been dead for several years,) running a perfectly good OS (that's also been dead for several years) And as dead as it is, there isn't another platform that can touch it.
    If you're looking for advice here, I can assure you that it will take very little time for you to change your priorities to weather or not you should commit yourself and just end it!
    If you want to get an idea of what's to come, seek out friends.. people you trust and that will show you the limitations of any device you look at. Basically, If it's games you want and the social network scene, then you'll want a toy to play your game on.
    If you're looking at a device for a more business oriented lifestyle then you'll want a more quality device which is the Blackberry Passport.

And one other thing to keep in mind is a lot of those people that couldn't wait to jump ship to buy the Priv and then the 50 and the 60 complained that they wanted all the things BB10 offered to the point that Blackberry made a copycat hub and a few other things to shut them up. Many simply came back to the dead company with the dead OS. and complain about my sense of humor because, for the most part, we've learned to ignore the whiners!

If I have to give up BB10 I'm just gonna kill myself and then kill everyone else!
    12-15-16 02:06 AM
    Make it a 7" device "you can talk on", and I'll play... :-D

•   10.3.3 - that's the go for me... ;-D   •

7" is the sweet spot
    12-15-16 03:13 AM
    If I have to give up BB10 I'm just gonna kill myself and then kill everyone else!
    Plenty of people even on here who think Android (and by extension, themselves) is God's gift to humanity ... it really isn't. And we can and will live without it on mobile phones. In fact, we can and will prosper without Android if we want to, because it's nothing special.

In fact, the same goes for BlackBerry. At the end of the day, most of these apps on tiny devices aren't a big deal.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    12-15-16 03:15 AM
    Plenty of people even on here who think Android (and by extension, themselves) is God's gift to humanity ... it really isn't. And we can and will live without it on mobile phones. In fact, we can and will prosper without Android if we want to, because it's nothing special.

In fact, the same goes for BlackBerry. At the end of the day, most of these apps on tiny devices aren't a big deal.

Exactly! I know people that are still running windows 7 (now 6 years old) on a computer that is 7 years old. And when you got the next Windows OS... that's what you got. except for driver updates and a few system upgrades that was it.

I've never heard anyone complain about that but if an update or upgrade or download isn't offered for their handheld mobile device at least every other week, they go into tantrums! Just like Windows OS's which have reached their peak the day it's installed on a computer, somehow, it isn't the same for an OS on a mobile device?? BB10 will run and be supported for a long time to come.

"IF" I was into playing games I certainly wouldn't give up a big screen monitor for a 5" device. I can only imagine one thing that would make someone do that. By playing it on such a small screen, it would seem that they were pretty good at that game considering they could hardly see it and knowing their "friends" weren't aware that they knew the game so well they could play it blindfolded. And, wow, it sure impresses the girls,huh?":

I just don't get how people would rather spend time here complaining about what they don't have instead of enjoying what they do have! If somethimg as simple as an app can make you lose it, I 'd say your future in the real world just isn't gonna work for you.

And btw: I AM the only sane person on the entire planet. The fact that no one believes me only proves my point that everyone is in denial about anything they don't understand.
    12-15-16 03:55 AM
    And btw: I AM the only sane person on the entire planet. The fact that no one believes me only proves my point that everyone is in denial about anything they don't understand.
    You didn't say which planet.
    Gykesdollars and Tsepz_GP like this.
    12-16-16 03:49 PM
33 12