Since the launch of bb10 and through a year an a half of hundreds of conversations and thousands of opinions I have came to a conclusion that people are flat out ashamed to come back to BlackBerry because they don't want to admit they have made a mistake chosen android and ios over BlackBerry, please weigh in on this CrackBerry Community! I'm wondering if anyone else have experienced this

Sent by my QNX powered Z10
    05-18-14 12:55 PM
    I hope they all come back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-18-14 12:57 PM
    I don't think that people are ashamed to come back to BlackBerry, but maybe maybe some are just followers by nature; so will only come back to BlackBerry when it starts trending again.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 01:08 PM
    I would actually be ashamed to be using an iPhone. Android not as much

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 01:11 PM
    They got tired of Blackberry and went to something else that now works for them. Pretty simple.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Ricktye, andy957 and Anthony_2u like this.
    05-18-14 02:01 PM
    Being ashamed to use any product that "you" like sounds a little ridiculous to me

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 02:08 PM
    The reasons people aren't coming back is BlackBerry made a number of mistakes back at launch.

Now while BB10 is better... how would anyone know?

Is there any marketing ?
    Are device in most retail locations ?
    Are there newer devices?

Posted via Android CrackBerry App
    05-18-14 02:36 PM
    We don't need them. Let them make fun of me using BlackBerry see if I care.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 03:00 PM
    You honestly think people put that much thought into their phone they are using? They buy one and if it works for them and they are happy with it that stick with it.

People don't sit at home and ponder over their cell phones and think "what might have been." We all have way more important things to deal with in our lives.
    05-18-14 03:01 PM
    We don't need them. Let them make fun of me using BlackBerry see if I care.

Posted via CB10
    Umm....actually we do need them, unless you're going to personally keep Blackberry alive.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Stwutter and Blacklatino like this.
    05-18-14 03:19 PM
    What does shame have to do with anything? Consumers buy devices based on necessity, needs, and support. It's not like anybody who switched platforms, then subsequently switched back, would find themselves facing a review board determining their worthiness.
    Ashamed? Please...

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    05-18-14 03:32 PM
    I agree 100%.

" I know it's better but..." is what I hear a lot.

I noticed the same with a lot of products. Ex lightbulbs. I know people that still have 100w glass lightbulbs. The new LED ones are 9W and dimmable.

So I run some numbers and realize they spend $300 a year in electricity costs just on these damn bulbs alone.

"I know the LED bulbs are better but.."

BUT??? They'll pay themselves after 1 year and you can enjoy $270 back EVERY YEAR for over 6 years because of the 25,000 hour guarantee.

"I know BUT.."

BUT????
    YOU got coupons in the mail for the LED bulbs. $5 off each. Here are my coupons as well. I'm fully converted..

"I know but.."

BUT??

Dec. 25: "Merry Christmas, I bought you some LED bulbs".

Oh thanks, i'll install them next week.

NEXT WEEK?? Nevermind let me install them for you right now.

Guess who has the BLACKBERRY and guess who doesn't?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 03:41 PM
    I use the new bulbs and they don't last anywhere near 25,000 hours. Just saying.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    homer1475 likes this.
    05-18-14 03:45 PM
    Since the launch of bb10 and through a year an a half of hundreds of conversations and thousands of opinions I have came to a conclusion that people are flat out ashamed to come back to BlackBerry because they don't want to admit they have made a mistake chosen android and ios over BlackBerry, please weigh in on this CrackBerry Community! I'm wondering if anyone else have experienced this

Sent by my QNX powered Z10
    In all honesty, I think many people are afraid to come back to Blackberry (or come to Blackberry for the first time) due to negative reputation the company's devices developed in the 2010-2012 time frame. Combined with the fact Blackberry (the company) hasn't been very visible since BB10 was launched, this means many people 1) aren't aware BB10 even exists and 2) aren't aware that BB10 is a "modern" mobile OS analogous to Android, iOS, and WP8 and not the same old, outdated, limited Blackberry OS.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    05-18-14 06:24 PM
    I would actually be ashamed to be using an iPhone. Android not as much

Posted via CB10
    So would a lot of people in here but those same people have a hard time understanding that someone would be ashamed to use a Blackberry.

Side note, I don't know why anyone would be ashamed to use any phone if they like it. If anyone honestly worries that much about what device they are using that could cause them shame I think there are bigger issues to deal with.
    05-18-14 06:53 PM
    Would love to come back to BlackBerry, been away from the platform for a long time now. Just waiting for them to do a physical keyboard device.... the right way.
    Bbnivende and acovey like this.
    05-18-14 07:41 PM
    So would a lot of people in here but those same people have a hard time understanding that someone would be ashamed to use a Blackberry.

Side note, I don't know why anyone would be ashamed to use any phone if they like it. If anyone honestly worries that much about what device they are using that could cause them shame I think there are bigger issues to deal with.
    Peer pressure .
    High school kids would make fun of BlackBerry users.
    Same being in college. If they're too conscious about it, they'll ditch the phone out of shame.

Others won't care and stick with it.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 07:45 PM
    Peer pressure .
    Same being in college. If they're too conscious about it, they'll ditch the phone out of shame.

Posted via CB10
    Ah I remember someone saw me unlocking my phone once and asked me what widget I was using...with a smile on his face. I told him it came with the phone. He looked at it, said it was cool and asked me which new HTC model it is... I said to look at the bottom.and he saw the BlackBerry logo and immediately the conversation was over X,'D

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 08:11 PM
    People need to remember something crucial about BB10: it came out quite a bit earlier than intended.

Remember that QNX was supposed to have a legacies BBOS runtime that was supposed to tide users over until the "real" BB10 was finished.

I love BB10, but there's no question that for many users it had significant gaps.

BB's failure to get that legacy runtime working may be the single biggest contributor to its decline, because that was a big factor in the PlayBook's failure too.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-18-14 08:28 PM
    Peer pressure .

Posted via CB10
    Lol if u a grown man or woman, it shouldn't bother u at all what phone u use. I get jokes all the time about using a BlackBerry but I know it ain't nothing serious. Aint no one bout to disrespect me over a phone. Like others have said, it's more important things to be concerned about

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-18-14 09:41 PM
    Don't be ashamed.......We all make mistakes!-mockit_19052014153617.jpg

Sent from my Z10-Warbird
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-18-14 10:36 PM
    Most of my friends complain about their Samsung model whatever. iOS, been there done that, not impressed. I ditched BB for about 2-3 years and just hoped they would get their act together. I have a Z10 and it is more than the iPhone 3,g,4,s,56 whatever they have going on. iOS really has no innovation. I just dont get how they fool so many people. It's a cool phone but it has serious limitations
    05-18-14 10:53 PM
    Why would people be ashamed to get a device that works for them? If their iOS or android device is so bad, then they ought to find a device that does work for them.
    Blackberry's missteps are the reason why they are in the position they are in today. It'll be up to them to right those wrongs as well.
    It's easy to say. Tough to do. It's going to take time and money. And those are not in abundant supply at Blackberry today.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    CHIP72, JeepBB and donnation like this.
    05-18-14 11:28 PM
    We all make mistakes? Speek Speak for yourself!
    05-18-14 11:39 PM
    I loved mine, but great tired of waiting for an update. Then they released the Z10, and I was a bit disappointed that it didn't have keyboard, but bought one anyways. And I was disappointed some more.

Recently I bought a Q10, but BB10 doesn't look like it's improved much.
    05-19-14 12:07 AM
64 123