Does anyone know if you can only allow people to add you via BBMessenger if they know your pin? If they know you email that is associated with your blackberry, they can add you via your email. I don't want that to happen. Is there an option for this or something?

And what exactly is "allow forwarding of requests"?
    Last edited by tom1l21; 01-21-09 at 02:53 AM.
    01-21-09 02:51 AM
    I was told you could add someone with an email address. I am not sure its accurate since I have not tried it yet.
    01-21-09 02:59 AM
    I was told you could add someone with an email address. I am not sure its accurate since I have not tried it.
    Right, you can, but I only want to add people whom I give out my PIN to, I don't want a bunch of people asking for an invite because they know my email. I like to only keep my close buddies with whom I talk to on a regular basis only on my list, much like I do for AIM.
    01-21-09 03:00 AM
    I see. That is a good question. Hope you get your answer, I'd like to know also if it can be only via pin.
    01-21-09 03:02 AM
    Well I see your point and must say I'm sorry I don't have an answer. But you are correct you can add contacts to BBM either way from pin# number or email. And you can send a contact a pin msg via pin #.

My Q? to you would be why is your email able to be obtained. I'd much rather give out my pin where you wouldn't get spam ect. And I read your post and see you kind of see it that way as well. But once again who / why / how would someone not close to you have your email in the 1st place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 11:08 AM
    I post my email in the forums and on mobihand for customer support issues. Its not a huge deal, I just thought adding by PIN was the only way.

01-21-09 11:50 AM
    O ok then glad you figured it out.

01-21-09 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD