I would like to go back to the the Passport or Classic with Verizon - which should I get at this point? Casual user here.
    08-19-17 09:11 PM
    Verizon didn't offer the Passport. If those are the only two you will consider, maybe you can find a Verizon Classic from a secondary seller, no doubt used.
    08-19-17 09:39 PM
    If you want a Verizon phone from the past four years your options are these:
    • KEYone BBB100-3 (unlocked)
    • Priv STV100-2
    • Classic SQC100-3
    • Z30 STA100-3
    • Q10 SQN100-2
    • Z10 STL100-4
    08-19-17 10:06 PM
    Well, honest answer here. You're best best is the KEYone. I have a Classic and Passport and love both of them but I would NEVER recommend either of them at this point.

Coming from an iPhone, you are used to things just 'working' and any BlackBerry running BB10 is going to require so many workarounds at this point - and only more and more as time progresses - that it just doesn't make sense to enter that *ecosystem* this late in the game.

The KEYone is your only BlackBerry that is relatively futureproof. And, by many user reports, it's "the best BlackBerry EVER" so probably a solid option.
    terminatorx likes this.
    08-19-17 10:30 PM
    I think OP mention BlackBerry, not android. Passport is the best choice. If OP wanted a keyone, he should be mention 'Android'. And if he mentioned Android, wait for pixel 2. Its worth and the best choice for android.
    08-20-17 12:36 AM
    Not looking to pay $549 for a new Keyone - I would get a refurbished phone on Ebay and bring to Verizon - Passport or Classic?
    08-20-17 10:46 AM
    Classic or Z30 is newest only good choice on Verizon.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    08-20-17 11:01 AM
    I was fortunate that in my area tmobile has comparable service to Verizon - so I moved to use a Passport and saved some cost for unlimited. My IPhone will work as well if I want to use it again.
    08-20-17 11:11 AM
    Classic is your best choice. Excellent device.
    08-20-17 09:07 PM

The KEYone is your only BlackBerry that is relatively futureproof. And, by many user reports, it's "the best BlackBerry EVER" so probably a solid option.
    Best BlackBerry ever? What's BlackBerry in it? The logo? Android will never be a BlackBerry.

****Berry
    08-20-17 09:23 PM
    BB10 is going to require so many workarounds at this point - and only more and more as time progresses - that it just doesn't make sense to enter that *ecosystem* this late in the game.

The KEYone is your only BlackBerry that is relatively futureproof.
    ^ This. People are gonna have to face that truth sooner or later. It is the sole reason I'm eyeing the Priv for a backup device instead of the Classic. Futureproof is an important factor in 2017 when considering a 2014 device that's not running Android.
    08-21-17 04:03 AM
    Not looking to pay $549 for a new Keyone - I would get a refurbished phone on Ebay and bring to Verizon - Passport or Classic?
    So long as you aren't expecting much in the way of apps outside of BB10's core Email, Calendar Notes, Tasks, Contacts, and are happy with the Camera, you'll be fine. Also, OneDrive, Box and Dropbox integrations work great.

If you want to use mainstream social network apps, but don't want to shell.out money for the KEYone, get any other Android phone and add the BlackBerry Hub+ suite. It's not as smooth as BB10, but it supports a lot more third party apps, such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, etc.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-21-17 06:57 AM
    ^ This. People are gonna have to face that truth sooner or later. It is the sole reason I'm eyeing the Priv for a backup device instead of the Classic. Futureproof is an important factor in 2017 when considering a 2014 device that's not running Android.
    For most users I agree. The "workarounds" only work for Android 4.3 and earlier apps, and 4.3 is the oldest version of Android still being patched. It's not clear that ANY new versions of apps will run on the BB10 Android runtime much longer.

Personally, that doesn't bother me, as I don't run Android apps on my BB10 phone, and the Bb10 apps work fine for my needs, but no one should buy a BB10 phone and expect to run Android apps on it in the future.

Couver81 likes this.
    08-21-17 07:03 AM
    Best BlackBerry ever? What's BlackBerry in it? The logo? Android will never be a BlackBerry.

****Berry
    Gotta love the salty fanboy rants.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    08-21-17 07:07 AM
    Also, OneDrive, Box and Dropbox integrations work great.
    Dropbox integration will cease to function at the end of next month.
    https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers...v1-deprecated/
    08-21-17 07:08 AM
    Dropbox integration will cease to function at the end of next month.
    https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers...v1-deprecated/
    Thanks for the clarification! Any app that depends on a third party API may stop working at any point, especially if the API is updated.

08-21-17 07:09 AM
    You will never use a Passport on verizon. Period. If you absolutely must struggle with BB10, you must get the Classic.
    08-21-17 08:44 AM
    I dont do much on the phone - i call, text, use facebook, twitter, and google drive - pretty much it - but nothing compares to the keyboard and typing on my iphone has been a pain in the *** - do you really think I would struggle with a Blackberry Classic using BB10 at this point?
    08-22-17 06:00 PM
    I dont do much on the phone - i call, text, use facebook, twitter, and google drive - pretty much it - but nothing compares to the keyboard and typing on my iphone has been a pain in the *** - do you really think I would struggle with a Blackberry Classic using BB10 at this point?
    If Google Drive is important, I would not recommend BB10. Android does Google better than BB10, by a wide margin.

glwerry likes this.
    08-22-17 06:29 PM
    What about the Priv?
    08-22-17 06:49 PM
    I love my Passport SE, but the browser (for FaceBook) is failing and can't do Google Drive...and while the keyboard is amazing, it just isn't going to be worth it much longer.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    08-23-17 03:21 PM
    What about the Priv?
    If you want a keyboard device, it's not a bad device and the price should be pretty good.

Plenty of "talk" about the PRIV's pros and cons in the PRIV thread... take a look.
    08-23-17 03:51 PM
    So long as you aren't expecting much in the way of apps outside of BB10's core Email, Calendar Notes, Tasks, Contacts, and are happy with the Camera, you'll be fine. Also, OneDrive, Box and Dropbox integrations work great.

If you want to use mainstream social network apps, but don't want to shell.out money for the KEYone, get any other Android phone and add the BlackBerry Hub+ suite. It's not as smooth as BB10, but it supports a lot more third party apps, such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, etc.

I thought Dropbox support for BB10 was ending next month?
    08-23-17 05:36 PM
    I thought Dropbox support for BB10 was ending next month?
    Yep. I had overlooked that. Luckily, only the end of OneDrive support would be a deal breaker for me. I'd rather the browser fail than OneDrive!

08-23-17 06:31 PM
    Gotta love the salty fanboy rants.
    Lolll
    08-23-17 07:25 PM
29 12