Just bought a low end Leap. Made in Mexico.

Posted via CB10
    That's good, but not accessories.
    04-12-16 06:55 AM
    So What's your position on Brexit?
    04-12-16 07:51 AM
    So today I got my fiancee to upgrade her Bold 9900 to a Classic and I will be upgrading my 3 year old Z10 within the next month to a Priv. I am waiting to see a bit of a price drop to around 200-250 on Bell. Who is doing their part to buy Blackberry ?? I understand the different O/S 's as in BB10 vs Android. This is not a comparison topic. I would rather buy a Blackberry on Android then have Hardware disappear. How do we keep winning phone awards but our hardware doesn't sell? I believe people will say damaged brand perception and minimal marketing. Go Blackberry
    Yes this device is definitely a BlackBerry when it comes to hardware. If you like BlackBerry(s) it is great choice. There is no maketing as good as person to person recommendation. BlackBerry's own apps feel fairly familiar and have been improving, and Google's Marshmallow is due soon. When it comes to non-BlackBerry software, be prepared so you avoid the common pitfalls, the internet is littered with posts e.g. complaining about things that come down to bad set-up, like battery life, getting hot, time taken to charge, etc. My Priv runs for days without charging, gets warm (but never hot), Has been bought a qualcomm quickcharge 2.0 charger, and is generally an excellent device to own. Sure the back makes some creaky noises but never gets worse and has caused no performance issues. Some guys say the newer builds don't suffer from this. Have fun :-)
    04-12-16 08:03 AM
    My only reservation is to learn the Android system; but I am willing to learn just like I did with the BB10 system. So I take it you are pleased with your Priv?
    04-12-16 08:12 AM
    Wrong once again.

To answer your question, company headquartered and registered in Ontario Canada. More Canadian than the Toronto Blue Jays if you ask me.

If you want a phone NOT made in China, buy a BlackBerry. ( except for the Classic by Foxconn...ugghh... won't buy one).

If you want a phone made in China, buy anything else cuz that's where it is made.

That simple.

Blackberry. The only phone made in North America by a North American company.

Posted via CB10
    Both the Adreno 418 GPU, and Qualcomm 8992 Snapdragon 808 Hexa-Core processor are either manufactured by Samsung or TMSC, and guess where? Not in North America. Even the Synaptics gesture engine is manufactured off-shore... I can almost guarantee you almost every component in the Priv, Passport, etc. are manufactured off-shore (meaning not North America)...

It's that simple... And BTW, every electronic device you have in your home, is made off-shore as well, including your TV, gaming console, etc...
    04-12-16 09:41 AM
    Lots of rationalization on why people refuse to at least try to buy locally even if it is just assembled locally. I know of one person who has a custom tackle company who uses many imported components in the manufacturer of the tackle. Many here would say it is the same as a completely imported product completely discounting all the work put into the product that is assembled locally.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 10:14 AM
    To get this back on track.

I eat kraft dinner.

Also own multiple bb's.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-12-16 10:17 AM

The point is, the Americans have FIERCE "Protectionism" when it comes to supporting their American jobs, so if we want to support our local and Canadian tech companies I say more power to them, that's our choice, and we are entitled to! The fact that Blackberry even thrived in the US market as long as it did is an accomplishment! If someone wants to buy a product from a Canadian company to feel good about themselves, that's THEIR buisness.

Blackberry is always something we can be proud of here, not to mention inventing the telephone, oh sorry, there I go with my pride again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    i don't know which America you are talking about because in the streets I only see foreign cars, except the rentals.
    04-12-16 05:24 PM
    So today I got my fiancee to upgrade her Bold 9900 to a Classic and I will be upgrading my 3 year old Z10 within the next month to a Priv. I am waiting to see a bit of a price drop to around 200-250 on Bell. Who is doing their part to buy Blackberry ?? I understand the different O/S 's as in BB10 vs Android. This is not a comparison topic. I would rather buy a Blackberry on Android then have Hardware disappear. How do we keep winning phone awards but our hardware doesn't sell? I believe people will say damaged brand perception and minimal marketing. Go Blackberry
    I am Canadian, but I won't buy Canadian stuff that doesn't meet my needs. BB10 meets my needs, Android doesn't. BES meets some of my needs in terms of BB10 devices, BES and Good don't meet my needs in terms of MDM for cross platform. When BB10 is done, I will move to Microsoft for my phone and Cisco for MDM solution. Both are in trial right now and are better solutions than what BlackBerry has.
    04-12-16 05:57 PM
    Both the Adreno 418 GPU, and Qualcomm 8992 Snapdragon 808 Hexa-Core processor are either manufactured by Samsung or TMSC, and guess where? Not in North America. Even the Synaptics gesture engine is manufactured off-shore... I can almost guarantee you almost every component in the Priv, Passport, etc. are manufactured off-shore (meaning not North America)...

It's that simple... And BTW, every electronic device you have in your home, is made off-shore as well, including your TV, gaming console, etc...
    Yer wrong again Jay.

I am currently looking at my made in Canada electric guitar, made in usa amplifier head and made in usa speaker cabinet. All electronic stuff designed and made right here in North America as is the BlackBerry Z10 I am typing this on.

Of course the electric parts of the phone are made in Asia. There are no other places they can be bought from. A small manufacturer cannot make all the parts of their phone, just as a house builder doesn't make his own drywall. That part is out of their hands. Where it is designed or put together is within their control.

So if you don't want a phone made in Asia, you choices are..... BlackBerry and maybe others, but I don't know of any.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 06:58 PM
    Many of us ARE Canadian and it helps keep the $ in OUR country, and many jobs as well. That is good for the economy. (Remember when Nokia had to lay off thousands of workers at Nokia, and right before Christmas if I recall!) Canadian technology was "innovative" in the past, Blackberry was the first to offer Mobile Email and BBM in 2005 when no one else did it. You cannot say it was not "innovative." Only 5 years ago BB was 75% of the global cell market.

Telling a Canadian to not be Patriotic is like telling an American to fly an Iranian flag on their front yard.

1970's car quality, even in North America, generally left a LOT to be desired, but we all know about British electrical systems, there are a ton of MG's here from back in the day.

The point is, the Americans have FIERCE "Protectionism" when it comes to supporting their American jobs, so if we want to support our local and Canadian tech companies I say more power to them, that's our choice, and we are entitled to! The fact that Blackberry even thrived in the US market as long as it did is an accomplishment! If someone wants to buy a product from a Canadian company to feel good about themselves, that's THEIR buisness.

Blackberry is always something we can be proud of here, not to mention inventing the telephone, oh sorry, there I go with my pride again.

I agree. It's also worth mentioning how much BlackBerry has done for the Waterloo area and schools.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-12-16 07:57 PM
    I am Canadian, but I won't buy Canadian stuff that doesn't meet my needs. BB10 meets my needs, Android doesn't. BES meets some of my needs in terms of BB10 devices, BES and Good don't meet my needs in terms of MDM for cross platform. When BB10 is done, I will move to Microsoft for my phone and Cisco for MDM solution. Both are in trial right now and are better solutions than what BlackBerry has.
    Duly noted and I agree that buying Canadian products that aren't what you want is patriotism gone too far. For example, no Justin Bieber music for this writer. No offence to the Biebs.... he can sing.... I just don't like pop music.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 10:51 PM
    That's good, but not accessories.
    Correct.... accessories made in China and Indonesia.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 10:53 PM
    Correct.... accessories made in China and Indonesia.

Posted via CB10
    +100
    04-12-16 11:00 PM
    lets just say there are a lot of American companies that would LOVE to see Blackberry die off completely, and we don't need any help from Britain to speed it up. There is a lot more to this story.

My friend you are on the wrong site to say anything positive of BlackBerry. This site is now Bash BlackBerry.

I am Canadian and away from the Patriotic side ,BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry NEVER disappoints me with their products. Innovative and cutting-edge is what I say.

Strange thing, the same UK brands are now prized by the Chinese and Indians with Jaguar and Range Rover, Rover, the pride of the UK being built and owned overseas.

BlackBerry 10 isn't a clunky UK vehicle. It's the high tech import that they speak of, I mince no words when I say it's the BEST OS out there full stop.

I'm a proud BlackBerry toting Canadian.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 04:33 AM
    i don't know which America you are talking about because in the streets I only see foreign cars, except the rentals.
    I know what you are saying all we see here is KIA and Hyundai what happened to Buy the car your Neighbor builds .
    04-13-16 06:17 AM
    I know what you are saying all we see here is KIA and Hyundai what happened to Buy the car your Neighbor builds .
    They have plants in the United States for some of their products, just like BMW, Toyota, Nissan and the Italian company Chrysler

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 08:21 AM
    And all profits back to Asia .
    04-13-16 10:05 AM
    Your neighbor built poor cars that couldn't keep up with foreign competition?
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    04-13-16 10:05 AM
    SO much for Patriotism .
    04-13-16 10:11 AM
    If I live close to Cambridge, Ontario I should buy a Toyota? If I live close to Allistion, Ontario, I should buy a Honda? Case in point. Toyota employees 13,500 people in Ontario and has invested $6.9 billion into the province....
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    04-13-16 10:39 AM
    As far as Blackberry being a Canadian company, yes there are. However their phones are not made in Canada, not even close. According to the Canadian Competition Bureau:

3.2.1 "Product of Canada" Claims

The Bureau generally will not challenge a representation that states that a good is a "Product of Canada" under the false or misleading representations provisions of the Acts if these two conditions are met:

• the last substantial transformation of the good occurred in Canada; and
    • all or virtually all (at least 98%) of the total direct costs of producing or manufacturing the good have been incurred in Canada.

3.2.2 "Made in Canada" Claims

The Bureau will generally not challenge a representation that a good is "Made in Canada" under the false or misleading representations provisions of the Acts if these three conditions are met:

• the last substantial transformation of the good occurred in Canada;
    • at least 51% of the total direct costs of producing or manufacturing the good have been incurred in Canada; and
    • the "Made in Canada" representation is accompanied by an appropriate qualifying statement, such as "Made in Canada with imported parts" or "Made in Canada with domestic and imported parts". This could also include more specific information such as "Made in Canada with 60% Canadian content and 40% imported content".

"Product of Canada" and "Made in Canada" Claims - Competition Bureau
    04-13-16 10:43 AM
    Whos said that their phones are made in Canada? Most of them are now Made in Mexico. The cost would be too high in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 12:06 PM
123 ... 345