Gimmicks and innovation will get them into the showroom but the rest is up to them

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-10-16 05:31 PM
    I definitely will buy a priv! I'm also just waiting for the price to come down

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-10-16 08:23 PM
    Well if there aren't enough gadgets and technology made in canada and only outsourced to china and other places (mostly china still), It makes it very difficult to buy canadian made things.

I had to get a Li-Ion battery charger that was shamefully made in china. I wished it was assembled and made in canada. BUT i'm glad my bold 9900, Q10 (which i'm gonna demand back from my friend) and classic weren't made over there.
    04-11-16 01:37 AM
    Well if there aren't enough gadgets and technology made in canada and only outsourced to china and other places (mostly china still), It makes it very difficult to buy canadian made things.

I had to get a Li-Ion battery charger that was shamefully made in china. I wished it was assembled and made in canada. BUT i'm glad my bold 9900, Q10 (which i'm gonna demand back from my friend) and classic weren't made over there.
    So you're a Canadian and an Indian (giver) as well?

*A3-A20
    04-11-16 02:30 AM
    04-11-16 05:51 AM
    Blackberry, made in China, assembled in Mexico. Product launches, never in Canada... What's Canadian about Blackberry. The CEO is British, born in Hong Kong...
    04-11-16 06:19 AM
    Blackberry, made in China, assembled in Mexico. Product launches, never in Canada... What's Canadian about Blackberry. The CEO is British, born in Hong Kong...
    And built by Foxconn (Thailand)
    04-11-16 06:28 AM
    And built by Foxconn (Thailand)
    Designed in Canada and all the high end phones, like the Passport, assembled in Mexico with mostly American-designed ICs.
    It's the design that defines it, not where it is assembled.
    04-11-16 08:57 AM
    I even think Apple's days of making a ton of money are numbered. They have created all these extra products that are minimal to no success at all.
    For example�?
    04-11-16 09:17 AM
    The 4500 Blackberry Canadian Jobs and all the spinoff jobs that are created in the area and all the profits come back to Canada. Why do so many people here question whether they are Canadian?; of course parts are not but the key are jobs and profits that directly affect Canada's economy regardless of size. As one other poster mentioned; it's ok when American companies become protectionist but not Canada according to some posters. Why don't we just shut down all Canadian Hockey teams? the Nhl helps them especially when our Dollar is low like today.
    04-11-16 10:16 AM
    The 4500 Blackberry Canadian Jobs and all the spinoff jobs that are created in the area and all the profits come back to Canada. Why do so many people here question whether they are Canadian?; of course parts are not but the key are jobs and profits that directly affect Canada's economy regardless of size. As one other poster mentioned; it's ok when American companies become protectionist but not Canada according to some posters. Why don't we just shut down all Canadian Hockey teams? the Nhl helps them especially when our Dollar is low like today.
    Have you bought blackberry stock to support them? What has kept bb afloat was 1 billion dollars from Prem Wetsa and funds from investors. And not hardware sales.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-11-16 10:28 AM
    Apple Watch, Apple Tv and even their Ipads have suffered since they have created Larger Phones. Look at the quarterly earnings
    63% of their are derived from Iphone Sales. See attached------------
    Tuesday January 26, 2016 12:34 pm PST by Eric Slivka
    Apple today announced financial results for the first fiscal quarter of 2016, which corresponds to the fourth calendar quarter of 2015. For the quarter, Apple posted revenue of $75.9 billion and net quarterly profit of $18.4 billion, or $3.28 per diluted share, compared to revenue of $74.6 billion and net quarterly profit of $18 billion, or $3.06 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Both revenue and earnings were company records.

Gross margin for the quarter was 40.1 percent compared to 39.9 percent in the year-ago quarter, with international sales accounting for 66 percent of revenue. Apple also declared an upcoming dividend payment of $0.52 per share, payable on February 11 to shareholders of record as of February 8. The company currently holds $215.7 billion in cash and marketable securities, partially offset by $53.2 billion in long-term debt.

linechart
    Apple sold a record 74.8 million iPhones during the quarter, up slightly from 74.5 million a year earlier, while Mac sales were down slightly to 5.3 million units sold from 5.5 million units in the year-ago quarter. iPad sales were also down once again, falling to 16.1 million from 21.4 million despite the introduction of the iPad Pro during the quarter.

“Our team delivered Apple’s biggest quarter ever, thanks to the world’s most innovative products and all-time record sales of iPhone, Apple Watch and Apple TV,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “The growth of our Services business accelerated during the quarter to produce record results, and our installed base recently crossed a major milestone of one billion active devices.”

Apple's guidance for the second quarter of fiscal 2016 includes expected revenue of $50–53 billion and gross margin between 39 and 39.5 percent. Revenue guidance is slightly below analyst expectations.

In supplemental materials, Apple explains that currency headwinds have cost the company 15 percent in earnings over the past 18 months. Using "constant currency" measures, Apple's revenue for the holiday quarter would have been $80.8 billion for an 8 percent increase year-over-year.

Sorry didn't know had to add the image to show the % breakdown of all products.
    http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new...1/piechart.png

Of course they are still quite successful; I am just saying that to create more return for their shareholders they need to find other stronger areas of revenue; not as much Iphones.
    04-11-16 10:52 AM
    Designed in Canada and all the high end phones, like the Passport, assembled in Mexico with mostly American-designed ICs.
    Not including low-end phones and mid-end???
    04-11-16 10:52 AM
    Actually yes I do own their stock and hardware. Obviously Prem believes in them and I believe most of us would love to see our Hardware division continue with profit of course. I've been investing in stocks for years. There are many smaller players out there who are changing the Mobile market and as stated previously; the Leaders will still be very profitable but have to look for other sources of growth outside of cell phones.
    04-11-16 11:00 AM
    I'm not Canadian. I buy things that work best for me. I certainly don't buy anything, or persuade others to buy stuff, for reasons of patriotism.

Here in the UK, back in the 1970's, the car manufacturers pitched a "Buy British" campaign to counter the rise of Japanese imports. Some people fell for it, and bought the clunky, unreliable, British cars available at the time, many more bought the nicer, better value, more reliable, higher spec'ed foreign cars.

Eventually, UK car manufacturers did what they should have done from the start. They started to produce nicer, better value, higher spec'ed cars ... Which the UK public started to buy because the UK product was now a serious competitive product that sold both domestically and internationally.

Patriotism is a terrible reason to buy consumer goods. It generally delivers poor value for the buyer, and allows the vendor to become complacent.

Complacent vendors who fail to innovate and develop their products generally fail!
    It's bad if it is the only reason a person buys a product. It is a good idea if you have two equal or near equal products. Reward the local company. I try to buy local, then regional, then national, then countries have have positive relations with my country. I avoid countries that abuse workers and don't value intellectual property

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-11-16 11:33 AM
    The title makes it sound like you think blackberry is a charity case... no one should be "doing their part". Buy what makes you happy

JeepBB likes this.
    04-11-16 11:51 AM
    it also takes Blackberry getting people interested in Hardware again, and if a little "patriotism" from Canadians helps to buy a few phones, then more power to them, it all helps.

Dude, it will take way more than buying a few phones to keep BlackBerry relevant.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-11-16 11:55 AM
    Thank you very much for info from Canadian!
    04-11-16 12:04 PM
    He gets it

04-11-16 12:14 PM
    I'm Canadian, and I won't buy products just because they are made in Canada, knowing they won't meet my expectations.

Should I cheer for the Leafs just because they're a Canadian hockey team?

(GoSensGo)

TGR1 likes this.
    04-11-16 04:40 PM
    Have you bought blackberry stock to support them? What has kept bb afloat was 1 billion dollars from Prem Wetsa and funds from investors. And not hardware sales.
    On the flip side of that coin, a few people from here buying stock won't help

A few guys putting in even a few million won't make 1 hour's difference to stock price.

Trading floors in banks and money managers have computer programs that trade 10000 times more each minute ...
    04-11-16 05:25 PM
    I'm Canadian, and I won't buy products just because they are made in Canada, knowing they won't meet my expectations.

Should I cheer for the Leafs just because they're a Canadian hockey team?

(GoSensGo)

That depends if you believe the turn around has begun. A top pick in this year's draft, along with some of the young talent they already have, and Babcock as coach.......well, they are the leafs.

(Go Sabres - next year)
    04-11-16 05:32 PM
    I'm not Canadian. I buy things that work best for me. I certainly don't buy anything, or persuade others to buy stuff, for reasons of patriotism.

Here in the UK, back in the 1970's, the car manufacturers pitched a "Buy British" campaign to counter the rise of Japanese imports. Some people fell for it, and bought the clunky, unreliable, British cars available at the time, many more bought the nicer, better value, more reliable, higher spec'ed foreign cars.

Eventually, UK car manufacturers did what they should have done from the start. They started to produce nicer, better value, higher spec'ed cars ... Which the UK public started to buy because the UK product was now a serious competitive product that sold both domestically and internationally.

Patriotism is a terrible reason to buy consumer goods. It generally delivers poor value for the buyer, and allows the vendor to become complacent.

Complacent vendors who fail to innovate and develop their products generally fail!
    Totally agree! Very well said!!!

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-11-16 06:43 PM
    Wrong once again.

To answer your question, company headquartered and registered in Ontario Canada. More Canadian than the Toronto Blue Jays if you ask me.

If you want a phone NOT made in China, buy a BlackBerry. ( except for the Classic by Foxconn...ugghh... won't buy one).

If you want a phone made in China, buy anything else cuz that's where it is made.

That simple.

Blackberry. The only phone made in North America by a North American company.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 06:50 AM
    Not including low-end phones and mid-end???
    Just bought a low end Leap. Made in Mexico.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 06:52 AM
123 ... 2345