I always laugh at the Leamington tomato patriotic activism. Where was (is) this for BlackBerry? I bet most of those tomato activists are on iPhones and Samsungs. :rolleye:
    04-10-16 08:38 AM
    Trudeau goes to Washington for state dinner - video shows Condoleezza Rice using her white BlackBerry Passport and Canadian team all with IPhones...pretty sad.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 09:44 AM
    And you were correct. He couldn't help himself and continued the childish tantrum.

I agree with you. I do not buy products because of Patriotism. I buy products that work best for me and there is nothing wrong with that.

Note that I also did not say everyone should do it, just as you didn't.
    I'm still looking for the part where JeepBB was telling people what they should buy.
    TGR1 and xKingHopy like this.
    04-10-16 10:47 AM
    I'm still looking for the part where JeepBB was telling people what they should buy.
    If you find it (in any of my unedited posts) be sure to let me know.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-10-16 11:42 AM
    He sure as hell wasn't saying "buy Blackberry" Get it now? It cannot be made any more simple for you

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-10-16 11:44 AM
    oh heaven forbid some Canadians like to be Patriotic and buy Blackberry, what is wrong with people!

Tell ya what, you don't tell people to buy anything but Blackberry since we are not allowed to be patriotic and I won't tell you your flag is bigger than my Canadian one.

04-10-16 11:47 AM
    I do not buy products because of Patriotism. I buy products that work best for me and there is nothing wrong with that.
    and therefore there is nothing wrong with wanting to buy a product because it is Canadian, it is fully up to the person. Some people like Canadian products because as you say "work best for them."

04-10-16 11:51 AM
    and therefore there is nothing wrong with wanting to buy a product because it is Canadian, it is fully up to the person. Some people like Canadian products because as you say "work best for them."

Absolutely. I know people who will only "buy American", which is getting harder to do these days. Seems like a strange thing to do since our world is globally connected today and not much is solely made in one country alone, but to each their own.
    04-10-16 11:55 AM
    my flag is bigger than your flag
    you be sure to remind me how childish I am

04-10-16 11:59 AM
    you be sure to remind me how childish I am
    Oh, I don't think I need to do that. You're doing an exceptionally fine job all on your own.
    LazyEvul, TGR1 and werner69 like this.
    04-10-16 12:07 PM
    Oh, I don't think I need to do that. You're doing an exceptionally fine job all on your own.
    Ahhhhhh but YOU did it first, remember that
    04-10-16 12:17 PM
    If you find it (in any of my unedited posts) be sure to let me know.
    Ok I will start a "Boycott all British Products" because no one in Britain should buy anything because Patriotism is a bad reason to buy something.

This is telling people what to buy, it is telling people to buy from any country other than Britain. It is the same thing. Shall I draw you a diagram to make it simple?
    04-10-16 12:21 PM
    So when someone preaches "don't buy Blackberry" that basically leaves 2 buying options. Not much choice is there.
    04-10-16 12:22 PM
    So when someone preaches "don't buy Blackberry" that basically leaves 2 buying options. Not much choice is there.
    I think you're over reacting a bit. But, hey, it's entertaining on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
    04-10-16 12:33 PM
    I think you're over reacting a bit.
    really? So you would buy a Windows phone knowing they are in the same boat as Blackberry? Unless there is some new resurgance of popularity that I didnt hear about, and that may very well be, with Windows.

04-10-16 12:36 PM
    really? So you would buy a Windows phone knowing they are in the same boat as Blackberry? Unless there is some new resurgance of popularity that I didnt hear about, and that may very well be, with Windows.

I recently bought a Lumia 640, for $29 brand new. They are not in the same boat as Blackberry, they are in the process of rebuilding their mobile brand. Will it work? Not sure yet but at least I didn't waste a lot of money on overpriced hardware.
    04-10-16 12:38 PM
    I recently bought a Lumia 640, for $29 brand new. They are not in the same boat as Blackberry, they are in the process of rebuilding their mobile brand. Will it work? Not sure yet but at least I didn't waste a lot of money on overpriced hardware.
    how much better is Windows doing? The last I heard they were in the toilet, as far as phones go.

04-10-16 12:41 PM
    how much better is Windows doing? The last I heard they were in the toilet, as far as phones go.

I don't claim to be an expert, but they are building their Surface line which will eventually include smartphones. Microsoft has much more money than Blackberry so they can take their time and do it right. The big push is for Continuum, which means all their devices will connect to one another. Of course they have Office for the enterprise market too. I would say it will be another year before we see the end results.
    04-10-16 12:45 PM
    He sure as hell wasn't saying "buy Blackberry" Get it now? It cannot be made any more simple for you

He doesn't have to say "buy BlackBerry." He said he doesn't believe in buying something strictly for patriotic reasons. He said he believes its best to buy products that fit your needs, no matter where they're made, or where the company you're buying a product from is based. You are certainly free to disagree with that POV.

On a side note, you're taking this way too seriously. They're just phones. Relax.
    JeepBB, TgeekB, TGR1 and 1 others like this.
    04-10-16 12:56 PM
    He doesn't have to say "buy BlackBerry." He said he doesn't believe in buying something strictly for patriotic reasons. He said he believes its best to buy products that fit your needs, no matter where they're made, or where the company you're buying a product from is based. You are certainly free to disagree with that POV.

On a side note, you're taking this way too seriously. They're just phones. Relax.
    lets just say there are a lot of American companies that would LOVE to see Blackberry die off completely, and we don't need any help from Britain to speed it up. There is a lot more to this story.

04-10-16 01:05 PM
    lets just say there are a lot of American companies that would LOVE to see Blackberry die off completely, and we don't need any help from Britain to speed it up. There is a lot more to this story.

I'm guessing that you're referring to Apple, Microsoft, and/or Google. If BlackBerry were actually a serious competitor, they might feel the way you seem to think they do. However, since BB isn't really competition, I don't think they care very much.
    04-10-16 01:12 PM
    Before BlackBerry's "crash", their main contract manufacturer was Jabil Circuits of Tampa Bay, Florida. Many Americans lost their jobs when the USA sales team was cut down. So buying BlackBerry was not just supporting Canadian jobs, at least back in the day, but now, with an American CEO, it is even less clear.

BB, Still the One
    04-10-16 01:14 PM

BlackBerry is already doing poorly enough that whether or not they survive is inconsequential to their competitors. BB10 and BBOS are sitting at less than a percent of the market, while their newest handsets run Android - a platform that Google benefits from, and Apple is used to fending off by now. Microsoft's got their hands full trying to keep Windows 10 Mobile relevant against those two, they couldn't care less.
    MikeX74 and JeepBB like this.
    04-10-16 01:18 PM
    Before BlackBerry's "crash", their main contract manufacturer was Jabil Circuits of Tampa Bay, Florida. Many Americans lost their jobs when the USA sales team was cut down. So buying BlackBerry was not just supporting Canadian jobs, at least back in the day, but now, with an American CEO, it is even less clear.

BB, Still the One
    AFAIK their current squeeze is Wistron (Taiwan), so "buying Canadian" sends money to an American CEO, employees from all over the place, a Mexican factory and a Taiwanese ODM.

I assume these are the same people that go to Tim Hortons to "buy Canadian", never mind the fact that the company is majority owned by Americans and the workforce is loaded with temporary foreign workers.
    04-10-16 01:21 PM

I believe you wish this to be true, but I doubt it is. How does a company with 0.3% market share scare anyone?
    LazyEvul and JeepBB like this.
    04-10-16 01:33 PM
123 1234 ...