I was just wondering if it works or not. i have my blackberry currently connected to my broadband using wifi. and i was just making sure, if using wi-fi it will make the internet free? and do apps like msn messenger, facebook etc work with wi-fi so it's still free? and doesn't use up data or anything? i only have 1 GB of allowance per a month of internet data etc. Would it be any different like if you were from america or england?
    08-19-09 07:50 AM
    Yes, Messenger, FB, etc., all work over wifi. You might want to turn Mobile Network off if you want to ensure you're only using the wifi connection if you are really worried about going over 1 GB a month.
    08-19-09 08:23 AM
    thank you!
    how do i turn my mobile network off? it won't damage the network or the blackberry will it?
    Last edited by hanzuss; 08-19-09 at 09:00 AM.
    08-19-09 08:29 AM
    Personally can't get MSN or Facebook working over WIFI. Would also be interested to see how this is done.
    08-19-09 08:33 AM
    thank you!
    how do i turn my mobile network off? it won't damage the network or the blackberry will it?
    Manage Connections>remove the tick from Mobile Network

Won't hurt your device, and may even make your battery last longer! I'm sure the AT&T network will survive the disconnection....
    08-19-09 09:05 AM
    Do you mean you have 1GB of internet allowance, or data plan allowance? From the measures you're taking, I'm assuming you only have 1GB of data plan allowance, which imo, is more than enough for MSN'ing and such.
    Last edited by Snownation; 08-19-09 at 09:14 AM.
    08-19-09 09:12 AM
    Personally can't get MSN or Facebook working over WIFI. Would also be interested to see how this is done.
    The only things that don't work over wifi are phone calls and text messages. Everything else -- including email -- works for me without having to do anything except to be connected to wifi.
    08-19-09 09:41 AM
    The only things that don't work over wifi are phone calls and text messages. Everything else -- including email -- works for me without having to do anything except to be connected to wifi.
    Do you have a data plan? Are you talking about the native email working over wifi? It shouldn't.
    08-19-09 09:48 AM
    Do you mean you have 1GB of internet allowance, or data plan allowance? From the measures you're taking, I'm assuming you only have 1GB of data plan allowance, which imo, is more than enough for MSN'ing and such.
    yeah i think thats right. why, how much data does msn normally like use. like a general 5 minute chat or something?
    08-19-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD