It drains the battery faster on my notebook. I suppose it will do the same on my bold.
    11-13-09 02:17 AM
    Too many parameters to test IMHO.

You can access those options in the E-screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    what is E-Screen????? where do i find that?
    11-13-09 06:46 AM
    26hrs battery life at 75%
    11-13-09 06:48 AM
    26hrs battery life at 75%
    Is it sitting on your nightstand? What's your usage profile while you're testing this?
    11-13-09 07:15 AM
    Is it sitting on your nightstand? What's your usage profile while you're testing this?
    nothing...when i go to bed, i set it to profile phone off. nothing is connected to my phone.
    11-13-09 07:48 AM
    36hrs at 50% battery life, with a few calls, bbm, recieving videos.
    11-13-09 04:09 PM
    Too many parameters to test IMHO.

You can access those options in the E-screen.

Didn't see anything in wifi options. Curious what "enable single profile scanning" does.

Seems like in a city w/strong 2G coverage, if we're prepared to live w/o data access simultaneous to call, 2G is the smart choice.

11-13-09 08:03 PM
    72 hrs and battery life at 20%

This comes to a conclusion and i guess wifi does eat up battery life as experimented on the last 3 days. I say use Wifi if you need it, otherwise turn it off and save your battery life.
    Last edited by petahsumething; 11-14-09 at 05:48 AM.
    11-14-09 05:44 AM
    i agree with last post...

d
    11-14-09 06:04 AM

This comes to a conclusion and i guess wifi does eat up battery life as experimented on the last 3 days. I say use Wifi if you need it, otherwise turn it off and save your battery life.
    How did you get to 72 hours so quick? You were at 36 hours just 12 hours ago?
    And I think your "test" is giving out wrong info about wifi. 3G uses the battery more than anything. I use wifi all the time without any battery problems.
    For an accurate comparison, you might want to try charging your battery, turn off 3G and turn on wifi. Then run your phone for 48 hours with the exact same usage as you have done for the past 2 days and see what happens.
    11-14-09 06:57 AM

Sorry mang! But all you've proven is that normal usage of your phone is slowly draining your battery. 72 hours and not a single charge AND still at 20%. That's not "an eaten battery".

Again, too many variables are at play. Screen brightness, OS, length of display, 2G/3G, all take their toll as well. You have not isolated WiFi :. you have proven very little.

Example, normal usage on both, screen at 100%/30 seconds, 3G all the time, WiFi all the time (WiFi both at home and the office/shop with BIS connection on both), grabbed my BB off the charger each morning at 6:30am... 5.0.0.314 left me with a dead battery by 5-6pm, and I mean flat DEAD. Downgraded to 5.0.0.238 and it leaves me at 50% by 10pm. Simple OS variance makes a huge difference.

11-14-09 07:54 AM
    I always keep WiFi on unless I am severely trying to conserve battery. I typically notice very little difference in battery life. If I turn off all background apps and turn the phone to "Quiet" (vibrate KILLS the battery) I can get a couple days of text, BBM, calls and a couple web sessions. I use text and BBM the most of all phone functions.

I'm on 4.6.0.297 if that helps.
    11-14-09 08:20 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD