Just wondering if streaming music through radio apps like flycast and nobex radio companion cost money when you are using wifi. Does it cost money for anything when you are using wifi? ie. downloading etc. My carrier is Rogers and I own a blackberry bold.
    02-25-09 09:48 AM
    Wifi usage is generally free
    But u do need to check if the radio apps use data along with wifi
    Some apps don't work on wifi alone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 09:52 AM
    Wi-fi is usually a freebie! Do you have unlimited voice? If so, then you have nothing to worry about.

BTW, welcome to Crackberry Nation! Enjoy your new BB to it's fullest!

02-25-09 09:54 AM
    Just wondering if streaming music through radio apps like flycast and nobex radio companion cost money when you are using wifi. Does it cost money for anything when you are using wifi? ie. downloading etc. My carrier is Rogers and I own a blackberry bold.
    Streaming music over wifi doesn't cost a thang.
    02-25-09 10:06 AM
    Only cost you are paying for through wifi is the cost of your monthly dsl/cable bill. Other than that, surfing the net through wifi on your phone should be absolutely free.
    02-25-09 11:36 AM
    If your gonna use wifi and don't have an unmlimited data plan go to manage connections. Mobile network options and turn data off so you won't get charged.

02-25-09 04:08 PM
    If your gonna use wifi and don't have an unmlimited data plan go to manage connections. Mobile network options and turn data off so you won't get charged.
    No, that will not allow WiFi to access data either. A better way is to go into the Options - Applications - Permissions - and disable internet use.
    02-25-09 05:22 PM
    lol its free..
    02-25-09 08:39 PM
    Did some searching and found this thread..Still lost..Does using wifi and say youtube/pandora cost you money or not?

Not having the unlimited plan just plain WiFi
    04-01-09 03:33 PM
    called TMO..And no it wont charge you..For future questions
    04-01-09 04:30 PM
    Any data over wifi will not result in a charge on your cell phone bill. Like other posters have said, check the applications to be sure they only use wifi and do not rely on 3g.
    To expand on what one poster mentioned, If you go to Options>Advanced Options>Applicaitons. highlight your app of choice (ie the browser), and hit the menu/blackberry key. Choose "Edit Default Permissions". Highlight "Connections" and hit the menu/blackberry key. Now choose "Expand". Now scroll down and highlight "Internet" and choose "Deny". Highlight "Wifi" and choose "Allow" (or prompt, just so long as it's not set to deny). That way, the app will only use your wifi connection. When you start the app, it may throw up a warning telling you it requires changes to be made to the permissions, and most likely it will want you to allow the 3g connection, meaning that the app in question is not wifi only. There may be a workaround if you search but I do not know.
    04-01-09 06:06 PM
    just so I understand,I have unlimited data plan for my bold so is it okay to use wifi it wont cost me money right? what about phone calls? are they okay to use on wifi also?
    08-19-09 02:37 PM
    You have an unlimited data plan so it doesn't cost anything either way. Yet if you didn't no wifi does not add money to your phone bill.
    08-19-09 03:07 PM
    No price difference using 3G or Wi-Fi if you have unlimited data plan. Only difference is Wi-Fi is faster.

08-19-09 03:29 PM
    if you really wana use the wi-fi !

1) Turn off Mobile Network
    2) switch on Wi-fi
    3) turn on data !

* remember to switch off data after usage , or else you would be charged ! and it's pretty expensive :/
    12-29-12 10:29 PM
    if you really wana use the wi-fi !

1) Turn off Mobile Network
    2) switch on Wi-fi
    3) turn on data !

* remember to switch off data after usage , or else you would be charged ! and it's pretty expensive :/
    Fyi, this is a thread that has been inactive for several years. I understand you are new, but take a looke at the dates a thread was posted before you set up and post. Welcome to CrackBerry!
    12-29-12 11:59 PM
    haha wow...
    12-30-12 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD