Me too. But I also like to tweet random thoughts and retweet things. And it's good for messaging at times.
    I do too. Don't know why because I'm not sure anyone's listening!
    03-06-16 07:12 PM
    Don't use both myself. Twitter, yes.
    There are Billions and Billions of earthlings that don't use FB or WU.
    No worries.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 09:37 AM
    In all fairness to Whatsapp, all the listed OS's including BB10 have evolved into something else. You all need to upgrade.
    03-07-16 10:04 AM
    No Comment!
    If you actually read the link (or even the text right above it), you would see very clearly that it means linguistically. As in, usable by everyone, regardless of the language they were taught, from birth, to speak. Not, as you seem to be implying, by what smartphone platform they currently choose to be using.
    03-07-16 10:52 AM
    Not being a user of WhatsApp or any other social media app on my BB or on my computer, it makes no difference to me. I don't understand why people get all excited about these apps, and the need to share their life and what they are up now with their friends on these social media sites. Who cares if you at a party or out shopping or what a particular pop star or movie star is up to or is having a bad hair day!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Get off my lawn!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 12:59 PM
    Really need WhatsApp, I was close to purchasing Passport SE, but since WhatsApp won't be supporting BB10, then I won't be purchasing BlackBerry anymore. It's really as simple as that. Apps are truly king. Unless BlackBerry can make some kind of deal.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 01:12 PM
    If Facebook acquired WhatsApp it doesn't mean that WhatsApp is just another social media app.
    Hahaaa well, NO; it doesn't mean that -- but it DOES mean WhatsApp is unsuitable for exchanging any kind of confidential or proprietary business information.
    03-07-16 01:15 PM
    I run my own business we do about 7 million a year across Canada, either by VM, text, or email, I survive very nicely each year we grow. Sorry everyone I am a dinosaur, what can I say. We don't have a Facebook or Twitter accounts, have a Web page. People do business with people and a handshake means something.

Posted via CB10
    That's great for YOUR business. A lot more businesses nowadays interact with customers on social media. To me personally, WhatsApp isn't a necessity to me as others around the world, but it's still a valuable to have for a lot of people, as are all social media platforms.

Saying that, i can understand why they don't want to make a BB10 specific app. The user base isn't there to sustain it. Plus, it looks like Blackberry will be going full android pretty soon.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    03-07-16 01:24 PM
    Maybe you're wired like that... ;-)))

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-07-16 02:27 PM
    Attachment 393316

No Comment!
    Well it does say Available, meaning you are Available to buy an Android, iPhone or WP the choice is yours.

I'm glad I dumped WhatsApp before they could dump me ;-)
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-07-16 02:34 PM
    I'm glad I dumped --- before they could dump me ;-)

... said every dumped boyfriend/girlfriend since the dawn of time!
    donnation likes this.
    03-08-16 02:15 AM
    99.8 rounds up to 100.
    cribble2k likes this.
    03-08-16 04:42 AM
    I use it as a news gathering tool.
    Am I only one who uses email newsletters for news?
    03-08-16 10:23 AM
    So I'm a little confused about this, does this mean whatsapp essentially turns 'off' for us at the end of the year, or just support ends meaning it will always work and just not get updated with new features, fixes, etc.

Also, can our android player come into play here at all?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 10:35 AM
    Am I only one who uses email newsletters for news?
    I find Twitter, or similar services, are more "real time" if you know what I mean.
    03-08-16 10:45 AM
    99.8 rounds up to 100.
    I'll give you a billion dollar check, you cash advance it for me, and I get the twenty million rounding... ;-D

(see you at the airport... ! j/k)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-08-16 02:56 PM
    Well I believe there will be a way out for WhatsApp users having Blackberry smartphones, either WhatsApp will keep working without updates till certain time after 2016 or the android version from Amazon store will work or maybe a new update will come replacing the BB10 OS with Android, anything's possible...
    03-08-16 04:11 PM
    So I'm a little confused about this, does this mean whatsapp essentially turns 'off' for us at the end of the year, or just support ends meaning it will always work and just not get updated with new features, fixes, etc.

Also, can our android player come into play here at all?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that anyone can really say for sure. They could just remove it outright from BBW or just stop supporting it and leave the as is. I doubt they would go the "as is" route as that leaves the app vulnerable and less secure. I suggest downloading the android port of the app and getting used to that. From what I've read on these forums, the android port works fine on BB10. You just don't get notifications, which interrupts flow and sucks.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-09-16 08:12 AM
43 12