I have a friend who totally neglects/takes for granted his Curve, and it drives me nuts! He uses it for the phone and for email, and that's it! Doesn't keep anyone in Contacts, complains he can't remember birthdays but doesn't put anything in his Calendar, has never texted, doesn't have a clue that there are great Apps on his BB in addition to amazing ones he can download, doesn't have a clue what a Media card is, never even loaded his Desktop Manager let alone backed up his BB, and carries it around naked - no case, no skin, no sort of protection whatsoever. It drives me crazy! Am I totally nuts or are their others out there like me ?

~Sheri
    06-04-08 07:36 AM
    That would bother me to no end! I'm the only one I know with a BB so no experience there. Maybe that's why no one understands the time and pampering my BB gets. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-08 07:42 AM
    No, they can do whatever they please with their device. It may seem as a bother to ruin such a creative piece of art but I wont get mad really... their choice to neglect something they invested alot of money in
    06-04-08 07:44 AM
    sounds like my wife..
    06-04-08 07:45 AM
    It drives me crazy! Am I totally nuts or are their others out there like me ?

~Sheri
    Totally nuts, might be a stretch, but my 2 cents.
    It's his and he can do or not with it what he chooses.
    I really wish people would stop acting as if there BB was
    some sort of Holy Grail. At the end of the day it is a
    damn phone. Period.
    06-04-08 07:46 AM
    My roommate abuses her Pearl just because it's filthy! I don't know what she does to it, but there's always sticky stuff on it...chunks of food stuck to it...make-up on it - like mascara - I don't know how she can hold it against her face and not be grossed out by it. THAT is the abuse that drives me crazy...but it's not just because it's a BB...it'd be gross no matter what the object.
    06-04-08 07:59 AM
    but it's not just because it's a BB...it'd be gross no matter what the object.
    Agreed. Chunks of food. Ooof!
    06-04-08 08:14 AM
    At the end of the day it is a
    damn phone. Period.
    Don't tell that to an iPhone elitist. You would get a dirty scowl like this-->

06-04-08 08:17 AM
    At the end of the day it is a
    damn phone. Period.
    Blasphemy !!!
    06-04-08 08:23 AM
    Blasphemy !!!
    Yes. I'm kinda the resident heretic
    06-04-08 08:25 AM
    People do these things and you guys still associate yourselves with them?
    06-04-08 08:27 AM
    Uhm I admit it does irk me....I am good for trying to 'encourage' others to maximize their BB use. OR get one of their own....
    06-04-08 08:32 AM
    We had a friend from Philly visiting us last weekend and I noticed her Pearl sitting on the counter charging. She works for the federal government, so I assumed that it was issued to her as she is not the most tech savvy person in the world. When I asked her about it, she said she bought it cuz it was cute. She was completely overwhelmed by the capabilities of it, so really never used for more than a phone and checking her yahoo mail. I sat down with her for 15 minutes and started going thru the many things about it that could help her and she was amazed. She spent the rest of the weekend playing with it and constantly asking questions. I added CrackBerry to her browser as a bookmark. I think I may have fueled another addict!
    06-04-08 08:45 AM
    Ya... Well I have a similar complaint... My husband has been envious of my years of smart phone lifestyle and we were gonna get him a bb.. But (now thankfully) he got a win/mo device... But he still just uses it as a phone... Doesn't know nothing about nothing... Then complains to me when he can't set his e-mail up... And rants off how it's not fair I know everything thing about mine and nothing about his... After he calms down I try to help him look up apps and he said what's that? I don't need it if I don't know what it is.... Geeeez!!! At first I was sad now I'm So thank full he didn't get a berry!

06-04-08 08:49 AM
    No, it is ok for me.
    06-04-08 08:55 AM
    I just did an intervention with the hubby. I was watching juno on my curve at the dmv yesterday and when I told him how I made it through he didn't believe me so I showed him. He was amazed. I converted him from windows mobile. We are getting him a bb as soon as he decides what he wants. I am letting him take mine to work tomorrow so he can play with it (I shall be at the drs so withdrawls will be minimal lol) he wants the bold I think but the curve is better for him.

06-04-08 10:47 AM
    eh, their phone, do with it as they will, or will not. If they want to use as much of, or as little of, their phone's abilities, so be it.
    06-04-08 10:56 AM
    so my wife took over my pearl and dropped it!!!!
    06-04-08 11:00 AM
    i have a friend that bought a curve because of email and the keyboard, she is older and the surtype and regular phone keypad is not her thing, so i show her my curve and she bought one. she has not had time to seat down and go thru everything so i will get a hold of her phone and set up things like IM;s then randomly IM her then she have to use the them. one time i changed her theme. i will also change wallpapers. this helps her learn the phone.
    06-04-08 11:13 AM
    Wow, it's like having a rolls royce and eating hamburgers and drinking cokes and making a mess in the backseat. sure you can do it but why would you? this phone is capable of so much and this technology is a stepping stone to the future. if you haven't mastered this then how can you progress as phones get more and more "smart"? just my two cents worth
    06-04-08 11:27 AM
    Eh. I mean I feel bad for the little Berry and don't think abusers deserve one, necessarily, but I always think... Well, at least it's not my phone.
    06-04-08 11:30 AM
    I'm glad I'm not the only "Blackberry Nut" around here.
    I have about 4 people in my church that just got berries after they saw mine, yet they fail to realize the potential of the devices in their hands.

I try to get them up to date on the possibilities of their berries but they just don't seem to get it.

Ah well, I can only try. I'm sure that the day will come when I'll be doing something amazing with my berry (Like usual) and they will see and be like "Ooooh...I wanna do that too!" then I can school em.

lol,
    Dm
    06-04-08 12:51 PM
    People do these things and you guys still associate yourselves with them?
    She pays 1/2 the rent. I guess I'm using her! LOL!
    06-04-08 02:35 PM
    I love this place...

Thanks for showing me "the way"

06-04-08 03:00 PM
    It depends how much I have invested in the BB.

Hubby for instance,is notorious for mangling cellphones so I would have an attitude with him if I bought him a BB and he destroyed it. It would really annoy me to buy him a BB and for him to only use it as a phone. So in that case yes I would get upset.

Now a perfect stranger on the other hand, please. If that person chooses to misuse their BB then it is their loss. Just my $.02.

06-04-08 03:20 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD