I want to try out the Curve 8900 to see if I like the phone and if I like T-mobile's coverage in the area. Right now I'm trying to decide between the Storm, Bold, or 8900. All have their merits (Storm is on Verizon, Bold has wifi and 3G and an awesome keyboard, 8900 supports UMA).
    05-03-09 11:58 PM
    Last I knew Tmobile had a 14 day return policy. I have an 8320 and the UMA is wonderful. When I have a decent wifi signal my call quality is always as good as a landline via cordless phone or better.

Rarely when transitioning to/from UMA/cellular a call will drop, just like what happens when travelling between 2 cell towers.

According to the tmobile.com sales page there are no Blackberrys using the tmobile 3g. The Tmobile 3g is on a different frequency than att, but I think it's the same as most of europe.

I personally don't use my BB for BB server email, so I don't have a data plan. The edge network is painfully slow, when in wifi range I get very quick internet connections via BB browser.

Good luck phone hunting!
    05-04-09 12:21 AM
    Is the EDGE network slower than AT&T's? My father's Curve on AT&T is relatively quick on EDGE here in DC.

I'm more than anything concerned about spotty cell coverage. I already get somewhat poor reception at my mom's house (My Verizon Pearl only gets 3 bars of 1X or 2-3 bars of EV-DO, while my mother's iPhone only gets 3 bars of 3G). I'm worried that T-mobile's would be even worse (which wouldn't be a problem at my mom's house because of wifi, but it could be a problem elsewhere).
    05-04-09 12:27 AM
    t-mobiles coverage is not the best, but i am not sure of a return or test drive policy
    05-04-09 01:15 AM
    You can buy a phone and return in 14 days but if u just wanna try one out ask in store about loaner program which allows u to try out phones without having to purchase
    05-05-09 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD