Note: I've never had a Data Plan and I still don't (even with my new BlackBerry).

Before my BlackBerry, I had a Motorola Razr and with it, I could e-mail contacts via SMS text without any charges whatsoever. Can I do this with my BlackBerry as well, and still avoid charges?

Thanks.
    08-14-09 02:14 PM
    sms has it's own plan.
    sms is different than email.
    you can sms someone without a data plan if you have a sms plan.
    08-14-09 02:16 PM
    You can use your MMS to send "emails" to other peoples email addresses, yes, but as far as log into an email and use it to send emails, without data you will not be able to do this
    08-14-09 02:17 PM
    sms has it's own plan.
    sms is different than email.
    you can sms someone without a data plan if you have a sms plan.
    But what I am saying is that with my Razr, when I sent a SMS text message, I would select my contact. Then I would select to send the message to their cell phone or their e-mail address. There were never any additional charges, and it was all considered SMS.

Can I do the same thing with my BlackBerry?
    08-14-09 02:17 PM
    But what I am saying is that with my Razr, when I sent a SMS text message, I would select my contact. Then I would select to send the message to their cell phone or their e-mail address. There were never any additional charges, and it was all considered SMS.

Can I do the same thing with my BlackBerry?
    yes. you can.
    08-14-09 02:19 PM
    yes. you can.
    Great. Forgive my ignorance, but how exactly?

Thanks!
    08-14-09 02:28 PM
    Nevermind, I got it. Thing is, it's not actually sending. It just sits there with a clock icon.
    08-14-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD