I was just wondering if Rim could be the fourth mobile computing ecosystem. I ask this because we have all heard how they have been cutting back at the corporate layers (layoffs) and as a result are losing much of there operating cost. Now if my memory serves me correctly Rim only had a net loss of 235 million dollars while only selling 7.4 million bb7 devices. So my point is that we have heard that they are losing money on all of the hardware produced so if they are only losing 200 million when bb10 comes won't they only have to sell a few phones like about 5-10 million to be making nice profit. This seems feasible as there are a lot of die-hard fans out there and many people that are willing to return from other platforms.

Thank you for comments
    BLACKBERRY BY CHOICE!!!!
    11-12-12 06:47 PM
    I can say this much, say BB10 is successful enough to increase RIMs market share to 8% in one year. A number I see as feazable! this will add Billions to there bottom line and their skock will most likely triple or more! At that point RIM is playing a entirely different ball game from what they are now!
    They are currently # 3 and this will keep them there.
    11-12-12 06:53 PM
    Thanks for commenting. I too feel exactly the same way!
    11-13-12 02:51 PM
    You have to keep in mind that BB10 is much more than a mobile operating system. It is going to be used to secure digital wallet transactions (I think that is the correct way to state it) for the Canadian carriers and who knows who else. They have their Network Operations Centres (NOC) that can be used by machines engaging in M2M communications. Their QNX micro kernel is currently being used in many automobiles on the road, is used in the healthcare verticle and may also be used in other machines like refrigerators etc.
    RIM has a lot of various ways to generate income.
    I think when BB10 phones come out, that will stabilize them and get them back into the game but that is not the only possibility.
    11-13-12 02:58 PM
    Absolutely not, they could be second or first... eventually

Si.
    11-13-12 02:59 PM
    Its got a very good amount of users already so the eco system is already in place it will only get bigger and better with BB10.

Dont listen to these tech sites who are getting backhands from orange and greedypops.These tech sites just posting crap without actually checking whats going on at RIM.There's no eco system blahblah.With 80 million users using BES and BIS and data plans how can there be no eco system??Especially when people are downloading apps??

A companys about to bring out a product to the tech world and all they do is bad mouth any good news.Hah they are recieving backhands there's no other answer to why you would bad mouth a product before its even out heck even at dev stage hilarious should be ashamed.

RIM has things in place to do fine If it does better than what is expected its just a bonus the battle to gain back more users and marketshare is a long slow battle that RIM has prepared for.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 11-13-12 at 07:22 PM.
    11-13-12 05:05 PM
    Only time will tell, I also believe they can do very well.

If you build it, they will come!
    11-13-12 05:25 PM