Was wondering if Rim had a set of design guidelines for blackberry 10. In the same way that microsoft has metro, Google has Holo, and apple has the ios guide. This gives all of the OSs. And they're applications there own disticnt look and feel.

For example twitter apps from all three

Was wondering because the OS UI had a very rim style to it but then they shoed the facebook and foursquare appp that looked like an ios copycat. That and I'm afraid the marketplace and apps are going to look like pre-ics android.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    09-26-12 09:16 AM
    Well they'll have common UI elements in cascades. Developers can either choose to use those or not? I don't see how this would be any different from any other platform currently out there.
    09-26-12 09:21 AM
    As far as I'm aware, it's the cascades framework that allows developers to quickly and easily create apps, which also means that they all follow a similar styling.

I do approve of this though: I like the dark menu styling, and I also like the consistancy throughout the OS. It makes everything look "official" if that makes sense. I am OCD about it though. I don't know why.
    09-26-12 09:31 AM
    Yes Sir, they have.
    Here you go : UI guidelines for smartphones and tablets - BlackBerry 10 - 1.0 Beta
    09-26-12 09:33 AM
    Cool going to sit down and read since I'm learning to program.

Also I have to correct what I said in the OP. While the facebook app is a mere port the foursquare app is all cascades and looks good.

09-27-12 01:37 PM
    While the facebook app is a mere port the foursquare app is all cascades and looks good.

100% agree
    09-27-12 02:04 PM
    Why do you say the FB app is a port? It looks the same as the iOS and Android apps because FB has guidelines for its apps, and whilst RIM made the app there was a dialogue between RIM and FB the whole time. It's written in native, not in HTML...
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    09-27-12 05:43 PM
    Fantastic reading, thanks for posting this!
    09-27-12 09:44 PM
    Why do you say the FB app is a port? It looks the same as the iOS and Android apps because FB has guidelines for its apps, and whilst RIM made the app there was a dialogue between RIM and FB the whole time. It's written in native, not in HTML...
    Some of the UI elements look like the ios app. The android app looks similar but you can where its holoized at some parts. May just be all the apps look nearly the same.

09-27-12 10:11 PM
    Optimize battery life

BlackBerry smartphones with a physical keyboard have an OLED screen. Following the best practices below helps to optimize battery life.

Adapt your color scheme. Bright colors and UI components in a static position (e.g. title bars and action bars) have a tendency to burn out pixels quicker. The darker an image is, the less power it uses. Can you use a black theme? Can you adjust light backgrounds to use less power and still preserve readability?

Consider removing subtle patterns and textures. Use pure black where possible.
    Have read this before regarding OLED...
    09-27-12 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD