I just set my ubertwitter to refresh every minute as opposed to every ten, will I see a significant difference in battery life?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 08:28 PM
    I just set my ubertwitter to refresh every minute as opposed to every ten, will I see a significant difference in battery life?

Push saves battery. What you're talking about isn't push and yes, it will reduce battery life
    12-28-09 08:29 PM
    Setting it to update every minute will certainly kill your battery. Even 10 minutes seems a little much.
    12-28-09 09:44 PM
    Push doesn't save battery. Where do you get the idea that let us say checking an inbox every few hours wastes more battery than being constantly connected?

12-28-09 09:58 PM
    Push doesn't save battery. Where do you get the idea that let us say checking an inbox every few hours wastes more battery than being constantly connected?

Push isn't constantly connected, the server sends the phone a notification when it receives mail, rather than the phone constantly polling the server, so, it does save battery. If you get thousands of emails though, then you might not see a difference from having a mail client that doesn't use push.
    12-28-09 10:24 PM

because instead of going out and cheking a box, a connection is only established when new mail arrives. Trust me true push e-mail saves battery life. True push means that the device is never connected until the server initiates the connection.
    12-28-09 10:28 PM
    if your receiving tweets often then yes your phones is going to be going off more frequently then every 10mins so it has to be using more power to do so, but maybe not soo noticeably draining that it will be a big issue
    12-29-09 07:20 AM
    I think it will, since it's constantly searching out the Twitter servers to update.
    12-29-09 08:51 AM
    If your wanting instant messages through twitter have you thought about setting it up so everytime a tweet is on your twitter account you will receive an sms text message? This is how I receive my tweets and it uses far less battery.
    12-29-09 12:52 PM
    If your wanting instant messages through twitter have you thought about setting it up so everytime a tweet is on your twitter account you will receive an sms text message? This is how I receive my tweets and it uses far less battery.
    Ooh this is a good idea! Thanks!

And thank you everybody else for the replies!
    12-29-09 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD