I thought this application worked with WiFi, but I can't seem to connect even though I am sure my router and wireless are working, and the phone seems to connect just fine.

It prompts me twice if it's ok for opera to access a "low-level network connection" and then it displays the "connecting..." bar at the bottom of the screen which stays there and never loads another page.

What am I doing wrong?
    07-06-09 11:41 AM
    Any data-using programs will work using WiFi
    07-07-09 01:28 PM
    Any data-using programs will work using WiFi
    That is not true.

But yes, Opera Mini will use Wifi. When you are in Opera go to Options then scroll down near the bottom and check off the Wifi box.
    07-07-09 01:51 PM
    It should work well with just WiFi. I've turned off my carrier data off before, and I was still able to surf. Make sure you go into the settings and check the wifi box.

I've been having another problem recently, though. maybe someone can help. I have the wifi box checked, and I even disabled opera mini's access to carrier data through the application permissions YET it manages to hop onto the carrier data. There's no warning when this happens, and I'm getting slapped with overage charges. I really love the browser, but this is getting to be ridiculous. I'm at the point where I'm turning off cell phone carrier/data connection just to browse using Opera Mini.
    07-09-09 03:29 AM
    I have the same issue with charges from opera mini as mintedberry does. I do not get this through the bb browser or the bolt browser as well even with application permissions set to wifi only.
    07-15-09 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD