As a Canadian, it's sad to lose CB from Canada if this move become permanent. But this is business decision & if Kevin believes move will help CB grow, then the best of luck to him. Will look forward to hearing more exciting reports
    03-14-13 12:19 AM
    ....why not?
    I'm guessing you hate Apple.

Just a guess...
    03-14-13 06:10 AM
    Doesn't matter to me one bit.
    03-14-13 09:07 AM
    Dont know why Im going to do this, but I'm going to jump in here. As somebody that spends a lot of his time in both London and NYC, I have the following observations.....

- NYC is the financial capital of the world
    - NYC is home to far more technology startup companies than london. NYC is now silicon valley east
    - You simply cannot find good pizza or a good bagel in London
    - Greatest sports team ever = NY Mets!!!!!
    03-14-13 09:37 AM
    Dont know why Im going to do this, but I'm going to jump in here. As somebody that spends a lot of his time in both London and NYC, I have the following observations.....

- NYC is home to far more technology startup companies than london. NYC is now silicon valley east
    You had me agreeing until you started talking about pizza and baseball ..... LOL! Best pizza is in Chicago ..... and I'm a White Sox fan.
    Last edited by shaleem; 03-14-13 at 10:45 AM. Reason: clarity
    03-14-13 09:53 AM
    Rock on!!!
    03-14-13 10:33 AM

It's not April the 1st yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 10:38 AM
    I'm guessing you hate Apple.

Just a guess...
    Nah buddy that ain't Meeeeee!

It isn't like I said, aye let's roll up on Apple's HQ and shoot frozen Blackberries through their glass house. I'm saying, lets just make a statement. Have a party outside their place, spit on their door....whatever it takes!

Heck, the S4 is getting shown off today, so we already know that a god can bleed...we just need to reopen the wound!
    03-14-13 11:31 AM
    Nah buddy that ain't Meeeeee!

It isn't like I said, aye let's roll up on Apple's HQ and shoot frozen Blackberries through their glass house. I'm saying, lets just make a statement. Have a party outside their place, spit on their door....whatever it takes!

Heck, the S4 is getting shown off today, so we already know that a god can bleed...we just need to reopen the wound!
    LOL ok ok I'm down to party...always up for a party, but the rest is down to you lol

oh and spitting is nasty
    03-15-13 05:54 AM
    Look Kevin is an enthusiastic guy and is clearly excited about this. You are more than happy to take his info and bar files (by this I mean crackberrys giving us instagram and Netflix)
    He runs the world's biggest blackberry site and we all owe him for that.
    To be so critical bc you disagree on what is and isn't mind blowing is a slap in the face to him.
    You are always free to visit sites that do not get so personally involved in their reporting. It's these types of comments that make the forums a sometimes unpleasant experience.
    This is how Kevin makes his living and he took a risk making this his life. He will clearly care more about it than any of you.

Just go get an iphone and join the other asshats. Hater. (middle finger)
    This is the kind of reply that I was formulating as I read but you beat me to it and did a better job!, thanks
    03-15-13 08:10 AM
    Lol. Nah.. More flash, More substance, Better experience for our users. Look as the new CB10 app as an example of that (I see you don't have a Z10 on your profile, so maybe you haven't tried it yet). That app actually dismisses your comment. That's giving the absolute BEST experience to our core member base. That's the goal. Better experience, sites that are awesome, AND great content. We definitely still have a lot of work to do, but saying less substance is bullox. I've read every post on this site since 2007. Don't think we've dropped the ball at all there.
    I need to clarify here. If this is a permanent move, then what I said stands. If it's just a jaunt for the US "launch" or whatever people are speculating about around here, then it's business as usual.

Re: what phone I have listed in my profile having anything to do with anything....okay.
    03-15-13 11:59 AM
    You had me agreeing until you started talking about pizza and baseball ..... LOL! Best pizza is in Chicago ..... and I'm a White Sox fan.
    Being from Chicago, but living in NYC, I agree Chicago has best Pizza!
    03-15-13 12:29 PM
    Being from Chicago, but living in NYC, I agree Chicago has best Pizza!
    Was in Chi-Town shooting a new reality show two-weeks ago. Chicago's pizza is very different from NY's. I don't get the whole thick crust thing.

It's hard to beat Lombardi's or the original Ray's Original.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    03-15-13 01:12 PM

oh and spitting is nasty
    Especially when girls do it...
    03-15-13 01:14 PM
    I couldn't give two hoots where Crackberry is based so long as the reporting remains consistent. Being in Canada has its merits though with being close to the source, and it may be more difficult to keep up with things being so far away.
    I know thus will be contentious, but even though I have a number of friends in Toronto / Waterloo, when I had to spend months there, I felt left out of the 'big picture'. It was oh so nice to get back to London and Amsterdam. I've never felt that way on my other lengthy business trips around the world.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 02:03 PM
    Question: Crackberry is about all things blackberry; how does being further away from the company help in terms of reporting "all things blackberry?"

Personal opinion is that he is following the money for Mobile Nations. I look at this decision as a better for the Mobile Nations brand, not so much about blackberry. Nothing wrong with following the money. I just prefer people to be honest when they do.
    PowderJockey likes this.
    03-15-13 05:26 PM
    i guess the question should be, how come they are in Winterpeg right now?
    how come that is considered acceptable? i mean Toronto or New York would more appropriate.
    i don't really care where they are located, but if you are going to question the location, you will have to question why Winterpeg?
    03-15-13 05:41 PM
    i guess the question should be, how come they are in Winterpeg right now?
    how come that is considered acceptable? i mean Toronto or New York would more appropriate.
    i don't really care where they are located, but if you are going to question the location, you will have to question why Winterpeg?
    Not sure that I understand. Isn't Winnipeg in Canada? How would New York be better than being in Canada? Blackberry is based in Canada. Not in New York.
    03-15-13 06:16 PM
    IT does bother me. They should not be in the 'Big Apple', but in the Apple capital of the world - here in Central Washington. Small town America, where many of us die-hard BB users live and die by our BB.

(Then maybe I could get some of my questions answered)

Impatiently waiting on Verizon
    03-15-13 06:44 PM
    Not sure that I understand. Isn't Winnipeg in Canada? How would New York be better than being in Canada? Blackberry is based in Canada. Not in New York.
    i guess you have never been in Winterpeg
    03-15-13 07:09 PM
    (Answering the OPs question)

No it doesn't...Canadians in NYC are still Canadians...and I'm pretty sure there is access to the Internet in NYC.
    03-15-13 08:28 PM
    NYC brick oven kills Chitown pan pizza all day long.

Mets fans are disgruntled Yankees fans who couldn't get season tickets.

Kevin, welcome to New York City. Looking forward to having a few beers with you and the CB crew. I'm not sure any other town has more song sung about it than this town. There MUST be a reason for that!

Flame Suit fully equipped!
    kevinnugent likes this.
    03-15-13 09:42 PM
    i guess you have never been in Winterpeg
    Can't be worse than living Fairbanks, Alaska. The decision to move the organization to New York is telling; basically Kevin figures he can promote and grow the "Mobile Nations brand" better in big city, USA.
    silversun10 likes this.
    03-15-13 10:43 PM
223 ... 789