Does having multiple email accounts being pushed to the phone drain battery? I have a main email and a secondary email that I don't really use and I would like to know if I can add the secondary email to my phone without losing battery since I still get some email on it. I don't want to add it if it will take up battery life. My thoughts are that it does take extra battery since new email is constantly being pushed to the phone but I'm not sure

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 05:01 PM
    No, email are pushed in the phone, not pulled in...

03-04-10 05:03 PM
    It will affect your battery life in a very small way. The more accounts you have, the more communications it needs to do in order to receive all that mail. Even though the mail is pushed, increased volume means increased communications.
    03-04-10 05:11 PM
    i have 6 loaded up, and dont see a drastic loss in power, minimal i`d say, however the more data ya recieve then the more battery gets used, so if they all get lots of emails, then could have a noticeable effect
    03-04-10 05:13 PM
    I have 2 and I really don't notice anything

03-04-10 05:27 PM
    Okay great thanks!

03-04-10 05:41 PM
    it depends. i had an yahoo account on my bold, which drained my battery much quicker. i deleted it. but other email services were fine tune. but having multiple emails is not a battery drainer in the long run.
    03-04-10 08:13 PM
    I have as many as 10 and I dont see it taking affecting my battery.
    03-05-10 12:58 PM
    I have one I use Google Voice for and it lasts all day doing two hundred received texts.
    03-05-10 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD