I have a AT&T 8310 Curve on order and can you tell me if their GPS BB maps gives actual street names by voice. I had a Verizon 8830 and used their Navigator GPS for $10.00 per month and it gave me voice street names.
    08-26-08 08:32 PM
    I use the AT&T Navigator and it does give all directions including street names by voice. I love it and it is well worth the ten dollars per month. No more missing offramps for me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 08:41 PM
    garmin does as well and think its 9 bucks a month, but I have found
    if you load the 30 day free trial and delete it a couple of days before the trial ends you can just keep installing it! been doing it for months. just set a reminder in your calender to delete it. heres a link to it BlackBerry - PDA GPS Software - Navigation & PDA Map Software at BlackBerry.com
    08-26-08 08:47 PM
    Garmin on the BB?

08-26-08 08:49 PM
    Garmin on the BB?

yep...nice too.
    08-26-08 08:53 PM
    I double checked the cost if you want to pay for it, it's 99 bucks a year, so $8.33 per month
    08-26-08 08:55 PM
    Thanks for the info. I will definitely check it out.

08-26-08 09:00 PM
    Garmin is a one-time purchase of just $99.99 for the lifetime of your BlackBerry device. Thinking of getting that since Nav4all doesn't show the name of the street you will be turning at next.
    08-26-08 10:43 PM
    garmin does as well and think its 9 bucks a month, but I have found
    if you load the 30 day free trial and delete it a couple of days before the trial ends you can just keep installing it! been doing it for months. just set a reminder in your calender to delete it. heres a link to it BlackBerry - PDA GPS Software - Navigation & PDA Map Software at BlackBerry.com
    30 day? All I see is a 7 day trial and have seen that for the past month.
    08-27-08 12:14 PM
    I think Garmin changed the length of the trial period.

Does anybody have the install file(s) (and installation instructions) for the Garmin Mobile 30-day trial app? If one follows the link supplied previously the resulting file is only good for 7 days.

Elrohir59
    08-29-08 01:14 AM
    I think Garmin changed the length of the trial period.

Does anybody have the install file(s) (and installation instructions) for the Garmin Mobile 30-day trial app? If one follows the link supplied previously the resulting file is only good for 7 days.

Elrohir59

Hey gang, the 30-day trial is still on that page

After you click on the link pltaylor provided & click on the link under Garmin, ignore the "quick links" to the right of the page that opens - there's no need to click on "BlackBerry" here. Instead, scroll down & you'll find the URL for BlackBerry's special 30-day trial. The 7-day trial is for other smartphones; you'll notice the URL for each trial is different.
    08-30-08 08:27 PM
    Hey gang, the 30-day trial is still on that page

After you click on the link pltaylor provided & click on the link under Garmin, ignore the "quick links" to the right of the page that opens - there's no need to click on "BlackBerry" here. Instead, scroll down & you'll find the URL for BlackBerry's special 30-day trial. The 7-day trial is for other smartphones; you'll notice the URL for each trial is different.
    TU,

I followed what you said but the app I get still expires in 7 days. Although the web page says it's a 30-day trial period the app itself is good for just 7 days. The address I clicked on is getmobile(dot)garmin(dot)com(forwardslash)builtfor blackberry. I do not see any other link for a trial period of 30 days. Is this the URL you mean?

Elrohir59
    08-31-08 01:41 AM
    TU,

I followed what you said but the app I get still expires in 7 days. Although the web page says it's a 30-day trial period the app itself is good for just 7 days. The address I clicked on is getmobile(dot)garmin(dot)com(forwardslash)builtfor blackberry. I do not see any other link for a trial period of 30 days. Is this the URL you mean?

Elrohir59
    Sorry, I was indeed mistaken.

You clicked on the same that I was referring to. The other URL (from quick links) ended with "trial" instead of "builtforblackberry." I felt pretty damned sure that these would be two different downloads. But I discovered this evening when I used it to find a party location that it was, in fact, the 7-day trial also. My mistake

The Garmin app works very well, however. In my opinion, as well as VZ Navigator. According to the EULA, it is a one time charge of $99 per phone. But even if it is $99 annually that's still less for 1 year than VZ Navigator or AT&T GPS.

But before I decide to take that $99 plunge: hey, pltaylor, might you still have the install file that folks are asking for?
    08-31-08 02:06 AM
    I have a AT&T 8310 Curve on order and can you tell me if their GPS BB maps gives actual street names by voice. I had a Verizon 8830 and used their Navigator GPS for $10.00 per month and it gave me voice street names.
    BB Maps does not have voice. But i have found i like it very much compared to Nav4all where you need to know more than you know to find a address.. What i mean is - In BBM all i need is the city, state and address. In nav4all you need city, township (which i rarely know), State and address. Only thing I've found a use for Nav4all is plotting my hunting spots. I'll use this until cook gets his program fine tuned
    08-31-08 07:20 AM
    So it doesn't work for the 8320, huh?
    08-31-08 11:49 AM
    Sorry, I was indeed mistaken.

You clicked on the same that I was referring to. The other URL (from quick links) ended with "trial" instead of "builtforblackberry." I felt pretty damned sure that these would be two different downloads. But I discovered this evening when I used it to find a party location that it was, in fact, the 7-day trial also. My mistake

The Garmin app works very well, however. In my opinion, as well as VZ Navigator. According to the EULA, it is a one time charge of $99 per phone. But even if it is $99 annually that's still less for 1 year than VZ Navigator or AT&T GPS.

But before I decide to take that $99 plunge: hey, pltaylor, might you still have the install file that folks are asking for?
    The Scarlet and Gray,

No problem. Garmin changed their trial period but didn't bother to edit their HTML code. I will surely miss this product once the trial ends.

Elrohir59
    08-31-08 04:50 PM
    Garmin doesn't support the pearl 8120 do you know which GPS system does?
    09-01-08 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD