A television plan for tablets. It would solve the problem of searching different websites to watch the live tv channel that you want, plus it would be encouraged and completely legal. I really wish I could watch live NASCAR on my playbook when they're actually happening.
    I'm not sure if this is already a real thing...If it is can someone tell me? If not, do you think it would be a good idea? It could also work with the playbooks wifi connection, right? A connection is a connection.
    05-21-12 08:14 PM
    I believe Rogers in Canada has something for viewing TV on your Mobile devices, Bell might as well
    05-21-12 08:15 PM
    Yeah I think I saw something about that once. Would it work with the current playbooks wifi only connection? If you were signing up with Bell I'm not sure if they would allow a wifi connection only. I don't know much when it comes to this stuff though obviously
    05-21-12 08:19 PM
    Rogers surely would work

they offer a TV anywhere I believe it is called
    05-21-12 08:40 PM
    Begs to question when a tablet will be packaged with an ATSC Tuner for over the air digital tv? Would be awesome!
    05-21-12 09:49 PM
    Will never be in full effect for a long time. Broadcast companies make a killing off of cable packaging.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-21-12 10:46 PM
    Begs to question when a tablet will be packaged with an ATSC Tuner for over the air digital tv? Would be awesome!

There will be no more ota frequencies soon. Fcc is working with the government to contain and sell them to either radio stations or carriers.

05-21-12 10:47 PM
    You can get live baseball/basketball games via apps. I'm surprised NASCAR hasn't released anything.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using The Hand Of God
    05-21-12 11:40 PM
    I would say that it already exist..Netflix,Hulu,amazon video. MLB tv, nba game time, nfl network...

Sent from my IPhone 4s using The Hand Of God
    05-21-12 11:43 PM
    I think this should exist.
    I can resist everything except beats headphones
    05-22-12 12:01 AM
    If you currently subscribe to satellite TV, I think Dish Network has a service that will stream your channels and even content from your dvr to your mobile device.

I'm not sure if blackberry phones/PlayBook are supported though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    05-22-12 06:36 AM
    in the uk you can watch television programmes on line immediately after the programme has been shown.
    The playbook in the uk already has the bbc iplayer app installed out of the box.
    05-22-12 06:41 AM
    i believe sky tv also allow this but that is a subscription service, and you need to be already buying their tv package for your home.
    05-22-12 06:42 AM
    There will be no more ota frequencies soon. Fcc is working with the government to contain and sell them to either radio stations or carriers.

I hope not. No OTA tv? They get enough of my hard earned money and even paying for tv I still have to see all the freaking advertising. WTF does the advertisements pay for? Then we have to pay to watch them? It's a screwed up thing.
    05-22-12 06:59 AM
    I hope not. No OTA tv? They get enough of my hard earned money and even paying for tv I still have to see all the freaking advertising. WTF does the advertisements pay for? Then we have to pay to watch them? It's a screwed up thing.
    I agree, Commercials should be limited to the very beginning of the show. Get them out of the way and give us time to make coffee, build some grub ect, then watch to program and after the end credits roll, on to the next set of commercials and so on.......
    05-22-12 07:08 AM
    I agree, Commercials should be limited to the very beginning of the show. Get them out of the way and give us time to make coffee, build some grub ect, then watch to program and after the end credits roll, on to the next set of commercials and so on.......
    I watched a Show about commercials last night!

I LOVE commercials, some of the best writing on TV is done in commercials,

though in a 30 minute show I wish it would be limited to 5 minutes at the start, and 2-3 minutes half way through, and that is it, singular commercial break, and for a 60 minute show 5 min, 5 min, 5 min at 20min intervals

Pee breaks, snack breaks, email breaks, and comedic value breaks
    05-22-12 12:03 PM
    I swear on some shows you get more commercial time than show time. Ugh
    05-22-12 03:56 PM
    Well, we finally got the law passed (In Canada) that Television stations must broadcast commercials at the exact same volume levels as their regular programming.....LoL

I tend not to watch anything on cable or live that has commercials, easier to use a pvr and skim through the ads.

Bell already offers Mobile TV, and Rogers is way ahead of Bell in terms of streaming the content on mobile devices (read as tablets). I think I get 10-20 hours of viewing (included in my plan), but I have started to see Bell offer it as part of their mobile specific plans, as opposed to their Cable plans and rates.
    05-22-12 04:13 PM
    What do you mean the same amount as regular programming?
    Would the plan you have work on the playbook?
    05-22-12 04:20 PM
    I believe Rogers in Canada has something for viewing TV on your Mobile devices, Bell might as well
    Bell Mobility definitely has added streaming television content as part of their data plans but the amount of streaming is capped be month at some low relatively amount. Bell seems to favour Apple smartphones and tablets if you listen to the ads running on CTV News Network.

Rogers Wireless does offer subscribers an add-on to stream some of their cable service to the tablet but you must subscribe to the cable service AFAIK.
    05-22-12 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD