I've just purchased my second BB, the Tour from the advise of the CB forum. I notice on the the Blackberry Devices forum that the top of the list is the Storm followed by the Tour then the Bold, Curve 8900 and so on. Just wondering, does Crackberry consider the Storm as Blackberries top-of-the-line?
    07-13-09 11:39 PM
    most likely....you could still make the arguement that it is the most advanced. with the touch screen and all.

but i had one and wasnt all that fond of it (as alot of others were not also)....

it all comes down to opinion really though.
    07-13-09 11:46 PM
    I think it has to do with popularity. The Storm has a huge following and a lot of users, hence the reason why CB has a newest post link with and without Storm posts. It gets so populated over there its hard to find the answer to your question. I was there once, its not a safe place or fun place to be around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 11:51 PM
    I think it has to do with popularity. The Storm has a huge following and a lot of users, hence the reason why CB has a newest post link with and without Storm posts. It gets so populated over there its hard to find the answer to your question. I was there once, its not a safe place or fun place to be around.

i agree, there threads are all over the place..People starting pointless threads, and endless complaing about the storm
    07-13-09 11:53 PM
    CB certainly does not think the Storm is the top of the line. It's kind of looked down upon/joked about.

07-13-09 11:55 PM
    I actually think that the Tour is the top of the line blackberry.. then the Storm. Now I have a storm, but, it does freeze quite a bit.. but I am so addicted to it, I can't say goodbye to it, at least until there is another touch screen BB that comes out. I have messed with the Tour a bit, because I did think about getting it for a minute or two, and I really like the look and the feel of it, it is a really nice BB. RIM did well with that one.

I like my Storm over my curve any day.. but if i compared all of my bb's not including my Storm, I have to say that my 8700c was my favorite.. I don't know why, but i loved that phone.

Tour is the top of the line IMHO, but the storm is close behind.. Its the touch screen that makes it so great though, but they freeze more than any blackberry I have ever seen. I really hope the new OS will fix the major bugs.
    07-14-09 12:12 AM
    Storm is top of the line?!?! That's the biggest joke I've heard of. First of all, CB as a website I'm sure does not take sides, they're providing a forum for US to be on. They don't promote certain blackberries over others.
    Second, depending on who you ask, you'll get different answers. I personally would prefer a 7xxx blackberry over that P.O.S. Storm.
    07-14-09 12:22 AM
    Meth addicts don't consider the Storm top of the line...I know 3 people with Storms and they consider on a daily basis throwing them out of a moving car...
    07-14-09 12:24 AM
    Meth addicts don't consider the Storm top of the line...I know 3 people with Storms and they consider on a daily basis throwing them out of a moving car...

LOL I consider the same thing, but it still does not change the fact that I am addicted to my Storm.. maybe its not so much the Storm itself, maybe it is the Blackberry.. I always come back to them..
    07-14-09 12:39 AM
    My guess is that the phones will be listed by model number & the Tour is just out of place on accident... An oversight from a Mod possibly.

~X

07-14-09 05:16 AM
    I've had my Storm for a couple of months now and I absolutely love it. The first month I had it, it would freeze up, lag, and re-boot constantly. Ever since I got the Verizon .148 upgrade I haven't had any problems! Even though this is my first BB, I think it's the best! Just my opinion though...
    07-14-09 05:38 AM
    I've had every blackberry produced going back to the 957. I think you can find the Storm circling the drain! Just my opinion. Bold was best until the Tour arrived.
    07-14-09 05:53 AM
    From the reviews wouldn't you guys assume that the tour was? Bold owners get defensive but we do have twice the app memory.

07-14-09 05:58 AM
    I love my storm, it did take a while to get used to the keyboard but the hints n tips section on this made the keyboard so much easier. Maybe future storm OS updated should have these settings as standard. Anyway, I love it!
    Ps: I had a bold and gave up my bold over the storm. Bold is a great device but I just love the storm
    Last edited by truscotsman72; 07-14-09 at 06:00 AM.
    07-14-09 05:58 AM
    Nope. I never gave any consideration to Storm vs. Tour 9630 when putting the Tour forum in place. Basically, you need to order the forums.... so I was lazy and just gave the Tour forum the label of #1 (which the Storm also was #1) and then hit submit... with two labels tagged as #1 I guess vbulletin just kept the Storm on top (was easier to do this then re-number every device down the list).

I think it's ok for the Storm to be higher though... touchscreen while the rest are not, it's a clear division. Most likely, once another touchscreen berry hits the market, I'll re-jig the forums a bit so it's broken down to touchscreen blackberry's and non touchscreen blackberrys, then from there will just order down the list by device model (biggest numbers highest up).

Make sense??
    07-14-09 06:14 AM
    Makes sense...I hate having to renumber the subforums in VB...takes forever in a large forum! Props to you, Kevin!
    07-14-09 06:36 AM
    Well, I have a Curve 8520 that's been called the entry line BB. The higher-end models do have some added benefits, but this is a superb device. Aside from integrated GPS (I have an external BT GPS that works just fine) and touch screen, I don't see how it could get any better. I made a thorough comparison when I first purchased it, and the cost-benefit ratio simply didn't ad up form the upper models.
    12-28-09 07:37 AM
    I would think that wither way at this point the 9700 is the top of the line blackberry. The flagship device if you will with the S2 being a close second.

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to convey the feelings of CB as a forum, but rather the users of CB based on my reading of the forums.
    Last edited by dbone15; 12-28-09 at 08:23 AM.
    12-28-09 08:20 AM
    i love the storm! its great for pics and vids. however, if you are one of those who want to be able to text without looking at the device and/or if you like to play brickbreaker, ANY trackball berry is better.
    12-28-09 08:55 AM
    I've just purchased my second BB, the Tour from the advise of the CB forum. I notice on the the Blackberry Devices forum that the top of the list is the Storm followed by the Tour then the Bold, Curve 8900 and so on. Just wondering, does Crackberry consider the Storm as Blackberries top-of-the-line?
    my vote for the best BB would definitely go to the 9700.
    12-28-09 11:33 AM
    9700 hands down..followed by 9550.
    12-28-09 11:37 AM
    Well, I have a Curve 8520 that's been called the entry line BB. The higher-end models do have some added benefits, but this is a superb device. Aside from integrated GPS (I have an external BT GPS that works just fine) and touch screen, I don't see how it could get any better. I made a thorough comparison when I first purchased it, and the cost-benefit ratio simply didn't ad up form the upper models.
    Anyone who knew what they were looking at would realize the cost-benefit ratio of going with something like a 9700 over an 8520 when your device has more longevity due to better hardware inside and out.
    12-28-09 11:41 AM
    this is an olddd thread.....

anyway its all about what you think are the best phones.. I myself, I would rank the storm last in my Opinion just becuase I hate that phone. The Bold though is the top of the Line Blackberry, soon followed by the Essex (Tour2)
    12-28-09 11:46 AM
    If I'm not mistaken I thought I read on the Tour review that they said its (the tour) the best blackberry available.

12-28-09 03:04 PM
    I admit, the Storm used to stink on ice, but the last OS' .328 and .419 have made it an excellent phone. Ranking IMHO would probably be 9700, 9550, 9530 in that order.
    12-28-09 03:33 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD