Plain and simple. The US media drove BlackBerry from the US. It's a big world. Congratulations to BlackBerry for finally realizing this. I feel for the US citizens that appreciate BlackBerry devices, but there are bigger forces in play. If BlackBerry continued to pursue the US market, it would be a sure death. BlackBerry will be a smaller company going forward, but definitely much better for it.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:58 PM
    I appreciate the open letter to Mr Chen regarding the update issues here in the USA. I have a z10 and a z30 which are both Canadian factory unlocked models, so I get the lasted updates just like the folks on the other side of the border do.

I am fortunate because I live close to Canada so I can get access to these BlackBerry phones, but most folks do not have that luxury and are stuck on 10.1.0.x and are pissed.

I really hope the letter to Mr Chen will result in some change on how the updates are pushed out in the future. Only time will tell.

Posted using my z10 (10.2.1.2102) on T Mobile USA
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    03-13-14 05:10 AM
    I am from the USA and I have a z10 and z30 which I paid top dollar for. As a consumer I would at least expect Blackberry and/or the carrier to tell us when we can expect to see the 10.2.1.537 update the rest of the world already has? I don't want to hear that's it's all the carriers fault here, that's a bunch of BS. Both Blackberry and the Carriers signed those agreements to sell and support their products, so it's BOTH their fault, period.

Don't tell folks to install leaks and/or buy some foreign sim card to get something they should already have. The main real reason is I honestly believe the carriers here in the USA want NOTHING to do with Blackberry any more? I can live with that, as long as someone comes out and tells us what the hell is going on and so far based on what I have seen the past six months here in the USA, neither Blackberry and/or the carriers want to accept responsibility of continued support for us loyal users here.

With that in mind, it makes it very difficult to try and sell someone a product that everyone here thinks is out of business because of the lack of advertising, support and customer service. Makes me wonder why they are in their current position, poor management, lack of vision and complacency, self infected wounds plain and simple.
    It's not BlackBerry that's the problem it's America that is full of sheeple. Same ones that voted for obama. I cannot stand sheeple.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 04:44 AM
    It's not BlackBerry that's the problem it's America that is full of sheeple. Same ones that voted for obama. I cannot stand sheeple.

Posted via CB10
    I am just curious what country your from?? I think every country has its own set of issues and I try and keep politics out of my post on this forum.

Posted using my z10 (10.2.1.2156) on T Mobile USA
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-14-14 05:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Right, of course.

So what would you say the problem is in Germany, where BB's marketshare is roughly the same as it is in the US? Or France? Or the UK where marketshare dropped again in 2013?

"Sheeple" all around, I suppose?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin and TgeekB like this.
    03-14-14 05:37 AM
    I hate to say this.
    When I got my Z10 a month ago, every single human being in my work environment told me: this is garbage.
    I love my phone and I will never buy a freaking Eva and Adam fruit.
    At the same time, I dont see or feel any help from BBRY carries. I think that they dont carr about US consumers and they might think its a dead end here.
    We dont see or listen any good nrws from US about BB. All news are for EU and Asia. Wtf.

Posted via CB10
    Let me answer this as simple as possible. No they Don't Care! At least that is my feeling.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 05:38 AM
    I think you will see BlackBerry get stronger in the US market again but it is going to take some time & with the other issues Mr. Chen & Co are having to deal with I'm sure reviving BlackBerry in the US market is a priority. I will not be surprised to see a slightly revamped inexpensive Z3 hit the US to compete with the lower end phones. Rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 16GB Playbook
    But what difference would that make if the U.S consumers would still not be able to get software updates unless Z3 was able to be bought directly through BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 05:42 AM
    Well, for what it's worth, a little different view. I have both Verizon and AT&T BlackBerry phones (for business and personal uses). I have been in to both Verizon and AT&T stores fairly often for different things, and I can truthfully say that the people at both places have never put down BlackBerry or tried to steer me to something else. They have always been courteous and helpful and respectful of my choice of phones. In fact, the Verizon store I visit most often has a Z10, a Z30 and a Q10 on prominent display and the sales people seem knowledgeable about them. Same at the AT&T store (except, of course for the Z30 which they don't have yet).
    You must live in a rural area most major city carriers just laugh at BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 05:48 AM
    USA is 315 millions people in a 7 billions people's planet.
    Should I care of them?
    They can try to impose their rules ditching BlackBerry for iPhone cuz it's "made in usa" but I don't care about them.
    They think they rule the world but they don't. China is leading now.
    USA is behind Europe in terms of "opinions cared about".

If I were BlackBerry CEO, I would ditch all blackberry relationship with USA and focus myself to more open-minded countries. Let them be hacked with their iPhone.
    Well, just to be clear I am American and I am sure I speak for many others when I say we are faithful to BlackBerry but the reality is BlackBerry wrote U.S off much like our carriers.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 05:52 AM
    Well, just to be clear I am American and I am sure I speak for many others when I say we are faithful to BlackBerry but the reality is BlackBerry wrote U.S off much like our carriers. So I assume we don't matter?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 05:52 AM
    They can inquire as much as they like, but really if the carrier won't release it until they choose to - what can they do? It's good enough for everyone else but not good enough for them (the US carriers)? That's just ridiculous
    Why can't BlackBerry by pass carriers here in U.S like I-crap does? One release world wide? I believe they share equal blame as carriers here. Invest the money make it happen I posted this on another Blog but Kevin Chen and the crew say BlackBerry is listening to consumers and fan base complaints but what they are really saying is BlackBerry is (hearing) big diffeence.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 05:56 AM
    Yuppers, they gotta shoot where the ducks are flying. Right now they're not flying in the United States.
    Yeah, that is for sure I guess BlackBerry will look to shoot this way next Winter when the ducks once again fly south lol!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 06:03 AM
    I agree that the updates need to be released asap, but the lack of interest from the US carriers is not blackberry's fault. Has anyone considered that maybe blackberry has tried to entice them already?
    Ok I understand what you are saying. However, now I would like to ask you a question although the U.S market is not let's say the most BlackBerry friendly currently but I ask you this can BlackBerry afford to lose it's remaining fan base here in the U.S? It may seem small but if it were to lose that small percentage that would be a great lost to BlackBerry. In either case how does that help the company if there goal is to try and get as many customers on board?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 06:10 AM
    I think you have it all wrong. I think that BlackBerry cares about the US but the US carriers are just too convinced that the company is dead. Chen would love to focus on the US and fix the situation but BlackBerry is a global brand that is undergoing restructuring. He doesn't have the time to drop everything and focus on America.

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea what I would do if I was Chen to get US carriers back on board. A lot of people have ideas but they are far easier said than done. Something needs to happen quickly though. 2014 is going to be the most important year for the company.

Posted via CB10
    I have an idea not sure how cost effective it would be or maybe charge a one time fee to customers buying BlackBerry's and include a Canadian sim card does not have to be activated just have that sim card come with the equipment purchased that way anytime there is a new update release all Those that cannot get updates despite what country you live in simply just have to remove your carrier card and simply insert the sim that comes with the phone. Now with that said the sim card provided must be from same region of the countries lagging behind. I know Canadian carrier sim cards work in North America but that might not be the case in South America or other countries in other regions. I am not an expert so please don't shoot me down on this one but just thought some BlackBerry users might not care the little investment upon purchasing equipment provided they can get updates when released.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 06:21 AM
    Well look at what T-Mobile did recently.. You'll quickly find out about how much the american carriers dislike blackberry. U.S. is the only country in the world that doesn't have 10.2.1 right now. Even though Verizon mysteriously leaked it the day before the launch then never again after that. Most people in the U.S. are stuck on 10.0 and 10.1.

If i lived in the U.S. I would be freaking out at the carriers everyday asking for the manager on their help lines, screaming at them for the damn updates. It's ridiculous. You are paying them monthly you deserve good service.

It's like going to a 5 star hotel and you get 1/2 star service. U.S. is slowly rolling out LTE when everyone has had it for years. It's garbage...
    Believe me we have done this it does not help. They always give you the run around say they are testing they don't know they have no information or they just pass the buck and say it's BlackBerry's fault. I was even told once it was my Z10 that might be faulty until I told them of three other people here in the U.S with same phone and no update and they quickly reverted back to it's BlackBerry's fault.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 06:24 AM
    It's not BlackBerry that's the problem it's America that is full of sheeple.
    The use of that word or "iSheep" is straight up jealousy.
    03-14-14 08:30 AM
    Recent data from T-Mobile shows that 94% of Blackberry customers are not afraid of change.
    Any objective observer has to concede that t mobile had a hand in that. They did offer more if one upgraded to a blackberry from an old one but actually getting the device was another story. Bottom line, you could not leave the store with a new phone unless it was android or iPhone as none of their stores carry blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 08:43 AM
    The US consumer lost interest in BlackBerry, which lead to the carriers de-emphasizing them. BlackBerry itself absolutely cares about the US. I don't think what's happening in the US is unique to the country, but rather it's an indicator and offers a glimpse into the future of what potentially can happen in traditionally strong BlackBerry markets as more and more competitors enter that space. Regaining some mindshare and marketshare in the US challenging as it may be right now, I think is important for the long term success of the company.
    03-14-14 09:21 AM
    Why can't BlackBerry by pass carriers here in U.S like I-crap does? One release world wide? I believe they share equal blame as carriers here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...es-faq-914317/

(EDIT: Whoops, look like you saw that post shortly after your posts here. Sorry for the redundancy.)
    03-15-14 02:09 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...es-faq-914317/

(EDIT: Whoops, look like you saw that post shortly after your posts here. Sorry for the redundancy.)
    Yes, lol I saw it afterwards. Thank you Omnitech appreciate the response either way much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 05:09 AM
95 ... 234